Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us

Beast Master
    Really? All that video tells me is "fetch quest".

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    The implications of a fetch quest, to me, are orders of magnitude more appealing than Uncharted's narrow corridor linearity.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    I liked that "collect stuff for a vehicle" part when it was called Dead Rising 2: Case Zero.

Me too! Honestly, that's probably one of the best things to channel when making a zombie game., IMO. Throwing that into a realistic world (not filled with rich wives, insane shop owners, and a doomed bachelorette party) can completely change/improve the atmosphere and experience.

I love Uncharted to death, but the change of pace is nice. I doubt it's going to be super expansive, though, because the graphics make that hard. But I'm really excited; their last four games (Jak 3) have all been tits. The play they showed at E3 looked fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    I liked that "collect stuff for a vehicle" part when it was called Dead Rising 2: Case Zero.

Hasn't it been in a few games? I seem to remember a few post-apocalyptic/zombie things where car part shopping was a thing.

All these apocalypse people should just get motorbikes - they'd be a lot easier to repair.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Ellie was hilarious in that trailer.
    Can't think of a reason not to be ultra excited for this.

This will be amazing. I love naughty dog (Jak and Daxter franchise and Uncharted franchise). They can do no wrong.

There will be a new trailer at the VGAs tomorrow. One year after its launch trailer, I think its about time they gave us a release date, or at least a release window. Hopefully some more gameplay is shown too

Holy

Fuck

Did they show any of the fungi zombies in the new trailer? I know they keep saying they're not the focus of the game but I'd still like to see some gameplay with them.

Less than 5 months and this game will be out and in my hands.

HNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG

[Level 5: Mech]
    There's now a deep consideration for getting a PS3 for this game. Hell, they're cheap now and I could catch up on the games I missed out on sticking with the 360 this generation.

Do it (if you can). They're cheap, play blurays, play online free, and have exclusives other than Halo, GoW, and Forza.

As far as I'm concerned it's the game I waiting the most for! Best 3D graphics ever seen to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    Did they show any of the fungi zombies in the new trailer? I know they keep saying they're not the focus of the game but I'd still like to see some gameplay with them.
    The trailer was introduced as the terrors other than the fungal freaks, but we did get a silhouette of one as shadows against a wall, and it looked very zombie-rific.

Just saw the new trailer. Showed a lot of the fungal zombies which makes me happy. I know a lot of people are like "They're not zombies!" but fuck you they're fucking zombies just like how the Infected in 28 Days Later were also pretty much zombies.

Wonder what the multiplayer will be like? Kind of hoping for something like what Operation Raccoon City tried and failed to do with a Hero's vs. Villains thing with fungi zombies as a dynamic environmental hazard.

Man I need to go back and play some UC3 multiplayer.

Yeah definitely zombies, and I'm glad for that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-survival-mode

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575149

Actually kind of disappointed with the multiplayer. Was really hoping for a co-op horde mode or a PvP deathmatch type game where a bunch of infected rush the level halfway through. Like Operation Raccoon City, but good.

I mean it doesn't sound bad. I'll definitely be playing it. I was just hoping for a little more than what we're getting.

Whoa, at first glance, the eurogamer article sounds like a far more sophisticated and appropriate version of horde mode...
    "Matches take place over a number of in-game weeks, during which time each human player or team has the chance to gain Clan members or see them die from infection, starvation and enemy incursions."
    ...but then I realized that the zombies aren't necessarily a focal point of the matches.
    "Your Clan will also have to contend with random events, such as an Infected attack"
    The gaf article doesn't even mention the fungi zombies, which reinforces the bummer.

I do hope they have some co-op action available and/or some team deathmatch options that allow you to crank up constant enemy threats.