Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: South Park: The Game

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    The old first person snowballer, loved that game.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    I remember playing the muliplayer and nobody was allowed to use Ike because he was barely the size of a pixel on splitscreen. The rest of the game was horrible, though.

[Level 5: Mech]
    So in light of THQ filing for Bankruptcy, how is it going to affect this game? I hope it still comes out.

Well hopefully somebody else will take it on to publish and it'll be released with little change. AS IF. I can't wait to see how badly EA/Activision/challenger fucks it up.

It looks like their four titles should all carry on unchanged under the company positioned to acquire them.

Seems like the perfect opportunity for any of the big boys to buy, release what are pretty much already finished games, then close the studios and move the highlights of those teams into your existing staff.

Question is will the sales of those games recoup the losses on the acquisition. Guess it depends how cheap they can buy it for.

South Park is secure whatever happens. It's a money spinner in waiting, and since most of the work is done, anybody could pull a Gearbox and swoop in for a bargain. Right now, it seems that these Clearlake guys are holding on to each game because that's how they're going to make their money back from buying THQ. After that, I have no idea.

Should still be released

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/20...for-bankruptcy

I also enjoyed the N64 South Park game were you threw snowballs. Looking back though, that game had the most monotonous gameplay, and the humor of the old South Park episodes (not holding up to well). Hopefully, this will be a classic. I have my doubts though, as Stone/Parker tend to spin all of their puns around current events, and that could end up as something irrelevant as time goes by. I hope I'm wrong though, as the footage Ive seen has been really enjoyable. I would like to see some gameplay though. Are there skills, spells, special attacks, potions etc. that you tend to see in other (turn based?) RPGs?

I'd think they have the sensibilities to not fill the game with topical crap. As they're gamers and know a thing or two about what's shit in games, I'm really hoping for something special. I mean come on, they actually mapped out South Park for this thing, something they've never done for anything before.

Wasn't the episode they've taken the art/idea from and expanded a more traditional South Park, a story focused on the characters. I can't remember it tackling any hot topics like the other recent episodes do so I can't see it having that kind of commentary other than quips and homages to other games.

Yeah it's going to be similar in theme to the episode The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers.

Well shit, seems like THQ has defaulted payments to South Park devs, and now shit is ugly. I'd hate for this game to be a victim of this fiasco in any way.

http://www.destructoid.com/south-par...s-242903.phtml

Admin / Midget King
    Oh man, suck. I was looking forward to this. Hope something can be worked out.

God, I can almost hear EA salivating in the wings.

I'm not worried about SoT never seeing the light of day, though. This mother will print money. Some of these THQ games are in the polishing stages (like Company of Heroes 2), so I don't think anybody will pass up the chance for an easy, short-term, buck. After that...well, who knows.

Parker and Stone are battling to save their game I guess, if it gets fucked over expect to see it satirised in the next 12 months.

Admin / Midget King
    Probably within a week or two of the resolution. They work crazy fast.

Especially when pissed off.

Oh yeah, it's going to happen. They've ripped into the industry so many times, but this would make for a brilliant meta-episode.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Surely they wouldn't air it until the next season starts, anyone know when that is by the way?

They show seasons it halves every spring and autumn so in March we should get either a new season or the ass end of the current one.

Well, it's now in the possession of Ubisoft... for better or worse. At least we know they have the budget to throw some weight behind this title; I just hope it's not at the expense of some shitty DLC implementation.

http://www.destructoid.com/thq-aucti...--243010.phtml