Thread: Sony's Making a Smash Bros Clone?

[Level 5: Mech]

Sony's Making a Smash Bros Clone?

http://gamingeverything.com/12186/so...aled/?pid=7498

Not posting this into the Official threads, but apparently Sony Santa Monica Stuidos areworking on a Smash Bros. Esque fighter for the PS3. One of the designers have been releasing screens of different things, such as a Sweet Tooth model, some guy working on the polygonal body for a female, and other things. Looking closely at the data & his tweets (his account has been removed too), here are the confirmed Characters:

Parappa the Rapper
    Sweet Tooth
    Kratos
    Carmelita Fox

Sooo....thoughts? Real shit? Yay or Nay? I'm glad they put in Parappa, but i'd love to see Solid Snake, the Locorocos, Sackboy, Tag, Jak & Daxter, and a Chimera.

If it's true it could be an awesome idea. Sony has the stable of characters to make a cross-universe game work and they're slowly realizing what Nintendo has been sitting on all this time. With Chimera and Helghast in Uncharted along with Kratos and Cole in fighters, this doesn't seem like it would be that much of a stretch.

Ratchet & Clank and a few others from their games just makes sense. I'd need my Patapons getting their "PonPonPataPon" on, though they could be more like an assist or be the game's "Pokeball-like" item. No way this game will get made without Crash and Spyro, even if they're no longer Sony exclusives. And I'd need my Warhawks/Starhawks involved in some way, maybe having the the Hawks as assists doing shooting runs, outcast & rifters as characters (even just skins to other shooter characters) and items from this game (I'm thinking mostly turrets at least) crashing down from the sky.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Well, it wouldn't be the first time they did something that Nintendo did a few years earlier.

[Level 4: Cyborg] skateallday101's Avatar
    This could be really cool, and also be really bad. I want a Sackboy fighter though. Would be so cool.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BadStar View Post
    Well, it wouldn't be the first time they did something that Nintendo did a few years earlier.
    I don't know if 1999 is just a few years ago at this point.

Even though I don't own a Playstation console, I think it's a pretty cool idea.

Buzz should be in it. Because I wanna kick that fucker in the face.