Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dtoid Pro-Wrestling Thread

[Level 5: Mech]

Official Dtoid Pro-Wrestling Thread

I like wrestling a lot. I'm pretty sure that there might be some people who like it here also. Yes, I know it's fake but that does not stop me from enjoying it. Anyway I was wondering if any one expected Jeff Hardy to be getting the push that he is getting now. I personally thought that Triple H would beat him at armageddon 123. Surprisingly he didn't. And do you see Jeff winning from Orton at Royal rumble.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Triple Huh will cost Jeff his match at the Rumble, then Trips will turn heel and start squashing the entire Raw roster again. But still, Jeff beat Triple Huh which is a feat in itself.

I didn't see Armageddon because, well, who wants to pay for a WWE PPV anymore? But still, I've heard it was less than spectacular, which sounds right.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I am sooooo happy Jeff gets a title shot but I have a feeling he won't win because Orton is a douchebag.

You Know yo can get free PPV. website: wweinfo.blogcu.com :wink:

I used to really like wrestling back in the days of Goldberg and all that jazz.
    Then I learned it was like a male soap opera.
    :[

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeburga
    Thing about pro-wrestling, is that it does require amazing athletic ability to do what they do in the ring. Obviously the fighting is faked, but it's basically male gymnastics and impressive.

But you're right. The soap opera is completely annoying and a major reason why I don't watch...

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    i used to like WcW back in the day. My dad LOVES WWE he still watches and once in a while he will start telling me stuff about matches, and I'm like....I stopped watching 13 years ago....

It's true some people just really find it entertaining, I'm not one of them but hey, when ever I happen to turn to it on TV the arenas always look packed.

It's still real to me, dammit!

I'm more into the indies nowadays anyway. At least there you get actual wrestling instead of, well, WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by grrza
    Thing about pro-wrestling, is that it does require amazing athletic ability to do what they do in the ring. Obviously the fighting is faked, but it's basically male gymnastics and impressive.

But you're right. The soap opera is completely annoying and a major reason why I don't watch...
    Yeah you're right. But it's just like, a sad feeling when you learn that everything is kind of signaled and predetermined.

QFT

I'm a huge fan, i have been for years. The whole pre-determined outcome, fakeness etc doesnt bother me, the argument i have for that is that you are talking about every fictional movie and TV show there too. Its all about suspension of disbelief i guess. But they do put themselves through hell, thats why painkiller addiction is so rife in the sport, they need them just to cope with the pain. They really do need a union but no one is brave enough to start one.

One thing ive noticed about Pro Wrestling, is that if someone is at your house when you are watching it, and they hate it, after a while they do get into it, they are just born and bred entertainers and noone can resisit that!

[Level 2: Human]
    I just watch Raw. WWE ruined ECW and Smackdown is lame. They even moved JBL back over to Raw.

I would be more impressed if there was less talking and more fighting though. That would be awesome.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I agree needs moar wrestling less man drama. Sometimes I predict stuff and I am totally wrong. I for sure thought Triple H was going to get a title shot at Rumble Rumble and I found out Jeff, I was soooo happy. I think they need to merge back together, the whole split thing is kinda lame to me.

I used to watch way back in the day, and I mean with the original Hogan, Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Sid Justice, Hurricane/Typhoon, The Ultimate FUcking-Psycho Warrior, The Legion of Doom, etc. I was a young'un then.

I got back into it around the Goldberg era in '98; that guy is just awesome to watch. I remember his match against the Giant/Big Show where he actually had him hoisted in the air. Sure, I'm certain that Show gave him some help, but basically he was holding up a 7 foot tall 550 pound man over his head, then body slammed him to the ground. I nearly pooped my pants when I saw that, even though I clearly knew it was scripted. I also would flip back and forth between the two stations during the heated WCW/WWF wars on Monday night, as WWF used to be really top notch in those days, as did WCW. Also, I really liked watching the matches, I didn't care for all the extra shit, because I really was interested in seeing how the wrestlers can carry the match and balance it out so it truly seems like a battle that could go either way.

Nowadays though, it is pure garbage. That, and also I don't like the idea of sending over ratings to an organization that treats its athletes (which wrestlers certainly are) so poorly when it comes to matters of health insurance. Vince McMahon (and probably the rest of his co-owning family too) seems to be a true asshole in real life, and not some scripted one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kif
    It's still real to me, dammit!
    Ha!

You kids should start watching TNA. For five years, I've hated their name, but for the same amount of time, I've loved their wrestling. If you've been a WWE fan for long, you'll recognize some of the faces (Kurt Angle and Christian Cage have really come into their own), and the new ones will burn themselves into your mind immediately.

Plus, there's a guy that does this to people!

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    This is my poitn of view. Jeff got the title shot because wwe wants to have more star power in the royal rumble. thats what im guessing. take a look back past the years its been amrk henry vs kurt angle , kennedy vs batista and cena vs umaag and scott steiner in the maine evnts. thats because wwe wants to have the most star power in the rumble as possible

Hey Randy, that's not your belt.

Quote Originally Posted by mispelt

You kids should start watching TNA. For five years, I've hated their name, but for the same amount of time, I've loved their wrestling. If you've been a WWE fan for long, you'll recognize some of the faces (Kurt Angle and Christian Cage have really come into their own), and the new ones will burn themselves into your mind immediately.

Plus, there's a guy that does this to people!
    Jesus, that was beautiful. I need to start watching TNA again.

I recently got back into wrestling. Only WWE and only Raw. I know some other people said the other brands suck and their 100% correct. Anyone worth watching is pretty much on Raw. I'm just sick of McMahon, why is he in 50% of the storylines. It's cool to see Hardy getting pushed, I wish some room would be made for some of the other guys as well, but I'm really looking forward to Royal Rumble. It's my favorite pay per view and this will be the 2nd year I get together with non wrestling fans and my one wrestling fan friend and watch it.

TNA is going down the shitter. i mean kevin nash and scott hall verses angle alliance WTF is that. Tna's booking is simply put RETARTED. i dont know who does the booking but it is stupid. WWE is on the rise and so was TNA for a bit. But they fucked themselves over with the abysmal Final Resolution (which btw wasnt uploaded on the internet because no1 ordered it)

Like i said wwe is on the rise Y2J and JBL have returned. And its getting a bit better. 2007 was a bad year for wwe and tna. lets hope they can make ammends in 2008.

my predictions for Wrestlemania 24

Edge vs undertaker
    batista vs hhh ( o why do they do this its gonna suck)
    kennedy vs lashley

thats all i reckon for now