Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alms alms - General Collectors Thread

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Steam ID
    zanerstar
    XBL
    stablezanerstar

Alms alms - General Collectors Thread

So I didn't see a thread about things you collect (though I remember we had a thread about toys and stuff that we kept for nostalgic purposes or something similar):

So what do you collect? What would you like to start collecting?

Anyone have tips for game collectors?

I've wanted to start a little collection of big box PC games for a while now. I'm not sure if I can think of anything I would want to pursue properly and amass as much as possible, other than Thunderbird memorabilia.I am not technically collection Pop! Vinyls in an obsessive way, but I am enjoying having a few, especially one I got today from one of my favourite childhood films, Robin Hood:

Fuck u, u r not a dolphin Panzadolphin56's Avatar
    Steam ID
    Panzadolphin56
    PSN
    Karatedolphin66
    XBL
    ------
    Artbooks, some for games, some for anime, horror and general weird art.

Anything with any sort of classical art medium - oil, crayon, pencil, usually the rougher the better, mostly about scary things.

Steam ID
    OpiumHerz
    I don#t collect anything in particular, I just buy the stuff I like.
    Wait, no, I collect everything Empyrium. They're my favorite band and I literally buy anything I can get my hands on from them. I even have a glass vitrine for their stuff and have two exemplars of their very rare demo, which came shipped in a small wooden box. Thing goes for usually around 250€ and there are only around 300 of those.

Other than that, as I said, I don#t really collect anything in particular. I don't collect Bobble Heads, but I want the Groot one that released last month. For example. I don't collect Manga anymore, but I buy the series I like (just last week I got the complete set of Kenshin).

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Steam ID
    Luna Sy
    PSN
    LCAS
    There's that nostalgic items thread.

Someone mention something weird like collecting those twist ties they use to tie the cables in your new electronic products.

They're great for organizing your PC, gaming setup or home theater system!

...or so I've heard...

Stuff like those Pop! figures & other figurines like that based on popular characters, I never saw the point of having them. I can never imagine myself buying those cuz I don't find them very appealing as a decorative item. That they're neither that cute nor that elaborate to be worth showing off or seeking more of. But if given as a gift, I'll certainly appreciate it a lot. I thought a lot about those figurines during last month and yeah, they do make for great gifts.
    Last edited by Luna Sy; 01-20-2015 at 03:27 AM.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]

Steam ID
    wryguy87
    Nintendo ID
    wryguy87
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Sy View Post
    There's that nostalgic items thread.

Someone mention something weird like collecting those twist ties they use to tie the cables in your new electronic products.

They're great for organizing your PC, gaming setup or home theater system!

...or so I've heard...

Stuff like those Pop! figures & other figurines like that based on popular characters, I never saw the point of having them. I can never imagine myself buying those cuz I don't find them very appealing as a decorative item. That they're neither that cute nor that elaborate to be worth showing off or seeking more of. But if given as a gift, I'll certainly appreciate it a lot. I thought a lot about those figurines during last month and yeah, they do make for great gifts.
    I'll agree with stuff like figures I'd rather go large or go home.

I don't actually collect figures, but there are a few like this one that've been on my radar a long time. Since I collect games though I prefer to spend my money on that and save the rest for modifying my car.

I would actually collect cars if I had the money. Some day I intend to have an MR2 Collection.

Steam ID
    zanerstar
    XBL
    stablezanerstar
    Quote Originally Posted by OpiumHerz View Post
    I don#t collect anything in particular, I just buy the stuff I like.
    Wait, no, I collect everything Empyrium.
    I'll give them a listen to, but if they're another one of those 1999 pop bands you keep PM'ing me links too....

Stuff like those Pop! figures & other figurines like that based on popular characters, I never saw the point of having them. I can never imagine myself buying those cuz I don't find them very appealing as a decorative item.
    I've heard a lot of people (PANZA) say that they don't understand why people have those sort of things that aren't 'useful' - but then why do people have any action figure, why do people have anything in their homes, unless it can be interacted with.

For me I have on sometimes at my work desk, because I need a little something bright and a little something me, amidst the unappreciated robotic decor of the place where I spend most of my life hours now.

If I were collecting Thunderbird stuff properly, which I'd like to as I said - it would be because Thunderbirds was such a big part of my childhood, not just as a show to watch, but I use to play being a Thunderbird and sketch desgisn for ships ect. When you grow up alone in the middle of nowhere, having to play with yourself (steady) those things can help your nostalgic thoughts be happy.

That they're neither that cute
    But they are though, you heartless beast.

Steam ID
    OpiumHerz
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    I'll give them a listen to, but if they're another one of those 1999 pop bands you keep PM'ing me links too.....
    You want 90s pop? You shall get 90s pop.

Steam ID
    Panzadolphin56
    PSN
    Karatedolphin66
    XBL
    ------
    I've heard a lot of people (PANZA) say that they don't understand why people have those sort of things that aren't 'useful' - but then why do people have any action figure, why do people have anything in their homes, unless it can be interacted with.
    I have no problem understanding why people like to collect things, it's your dogged insistence that if I like something I must have a house full of junk themed around said thing that makes no sense.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Steam ID
    Lumpommer
    XBL
    Lumpommer
    Quote Originally Posted by OpiumHerz View Post
    You want 90s pop? You shall get 90s pop.
    That's surpassed all other music suggestions you've ever given, bravo.

Steam ID
    zanerstar
    XBL
    stablezanerstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    I have no problem understanding why people like to collect things, it's your dogged insistence that if I like something I must have a house full of junk themed around said thing that makes no sense.
    That...never happened.

Steam ID
    Panzadolphin56
    PSN
    Karatedolphin66
    XBL
    ------
    Yeah, it did. We've had the discussion on previous podcast episodes where you started freaking out just because I don't like tat. Also, remember when we went to that geek store in London and you started being weird because I wasn't interested in the random junk?

Steam ID
    zanerstar
    XBL
    stablezanerstar
    I didn't freak out at all, I don't care what you buy. I wasn't being weird at the geek store either.You had nothing you wanted to do, kept rolling your eyes at any of my suggestions and I was trying to take you to places I thought you'd like, because it was hard work hosting without any input from you.

Steam ID
    Panzadolphin56
    PSN
    Karatedolphin66
    XBL
    ------
    Alright grumpy pants. Jeez.

Steam ID
    zanerstar
    XBL
    stablezanerstar
    You were grumpy first.

Steam ID
    Luna Sy
    PSN
    LCAS
    they are though, you heartless beast.
    Hey, I never said they aren't. Again, I'd love it if someone gave one to me, but when it comes to buying one, I'd rather buy something else. This is just me but, something about these figures following a set template then make it look like some pop culture figure just cheapens it for me. I guess I want more "authenticity", if that makes any sense? Like I want a Batman figure, not a figure that *looks like* Batman. Oh, I don't want to sound like I'm judging your taste in tat. I guess that specific kind of tat is just not for me.

If I want something cute, I want a figure/plushie of an already cute thing rather than a cute *version* of it. I wanna collect more Pokemon plushies. Sometimes, I just see one out of nowhere, in some backwards store in some mall or street. Might be fun to just keep those in mind when roaming around and buy whenever I spot one in the wild. It's like irl Pokemon catching.

Steam ID
    zanerstar
    XBL
    stablezanerstar
    Ohh I want all of the plushies I saw on etsy -
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Heartst...der-item-count

Steam ID
    Luna Sy
    PSN
    LCAS
    I want the Banette and the shark. So cute. A bit small, but big enough to hug.

Steam ID
    zanerstar
    XBL
    stablezanerstar
    I want the shark so bad! And then Charmander and Koffing!

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Steam ID
    Mixmastaspig
    PSN
    Saffron
    Oh snap, will update with some photo's later!

Comics, Figures, movies, games...I've got some crap kicking around.

Nintendo ID
    Chillybilly
    PSN
    Chillybillz
    XBL
    Chillybill
    Rumor has it that I may be a collector of video games. Some call it "hoarding" however....