Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Song of Ice and Fire Thread

[Level 5: Mech]

Official Song of Ice and Fire Thread

Terry Goodkind's The Sword of Truth series adaption comes first for me. But still, OMG OMG OMG!
    Last edited by Zodiac Eclipse; 02-15-2010 at 02:04 PM.

The Official Song of Ice and Fire Thread

http://grrm.livejournal.com/ IT'S HAPPENINg!!!! OMG ONG oMG
    Last edited by digtastik; 04-22-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: new book, new HBO series, and dammit, blehman made it so.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Awesome, I hope they don't fuck it up. They have the ability to make some of the greatest storytelling ever come to life.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    If he himself says its true to what he wrote, thats good enough for me. Fuck yeah! Hopefully they don't chince out on the major battles like they did in Rome.

I just hope that it doesn't get rolling and then hit a sudden cancellation like Carnivale or Deadwood. I have high hopes for this, I just hope they have better acting and accents than the laughable attampts in True Blood. HBO really needs a good clean reboot. We'll just have to wait and see what comes of this.

6. 11-22-2008, 03:49 PM

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    *fap fap fap*

hell yes. filming is supposedly taking place in the UK.

So I just read the confirmation announcement that the filming starts in Oct in N. Ireland. Consider me excited... also, might be a good time to go visit me mum-in-law.

man, i hope this shit rocks a llama's ass.

So can this be the game of thrones thread? Because Amazon has A Dance With Dragons set for release 9/29/09.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by blehman View Post
    So can this be the game of thrones thread? Because Amazon has A Dance With Dragons set for release 9/29/09.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    He'll hopefully finish the damned thing in time to coincide with the filming to help garner interest in the show. HBO can then slap a sticker on the cover advertising their new beast.

*Edit*
    I apparently can't change the title of the thread. I tried. It shows up in the edit, but it doesn't take.
    Last edited by digtastik; 04-22-2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: fuck. old timewarp. fuck.

Official news today is that Peter Dinklage (IMDB profile) has been cast in the role of Tyrion. It's interesting to see that they've cast a guy who seems to be a fan favorite pick. Can't wait to see what the rest of the cast looks like. Colour me excited!

News is slow now. Hell, these boards are slow.

Cyanide Studios is publishing a Game of Thrones RTS vidya game. Not really sure how that will work or if I even care.

Keeper of the Reals
    Damn, I've still got to read these.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiranio View Post
    Damn, I've still got to read these.
    Don't tell Banj. Oh too late.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    ...homos

[Level 5: Mech]
    Honestly, I can't see myself enjoying this. The books were so amazing that I can't see how they could possibly be translated into a mini-series. Especially after the abortion that is The Sword of Truth mini-series. Just bring on a Dance With Dragons already, that's all I give a shit about.

Well, if they continue casting as well as they have for Tyrion, I have no concerns. It's also HBO. They won't shy away from the gritty stuff. Also, if the leaked pilot script is real, it's gonna be fine.

I can't tell how you all feel about the Cyanide games promised by dear Georgie, but the books' most interesting plot comes from the not-so-action wrought instances. It's not impossible, but I would also hate to see a game where all the interesting parts are in the cutscenes and the action becomes a chore.

I've been thinking about rereading the series. With a show and game coming out, seems like as good a time as any.

Quote Originally Posted by ParasiteAdam View Post
    I can't tell how you all feel about the Cyanide games promised by dear Georgie, but the books' most interesting plot comes from the not-so-action wrought instances. It's not impossible, but I would also hate to see a game where all the interesting parts are in the cutscenes and the action becomes a chore.

I've been thinking about rereading the series. With a show and game coming out, seems like as good a time as any.
    New book should be coming out soon too. Unless Amazon is just a bunch of damn liars.

Quote Originally Posted by blehman View Post
    New book should be coming out soon too. Unless Amazon is just a bunch of damn liars.
    Sorry dude. That release date is, unfortunately, complete bullshit.