Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Adult Swim Chat Thread

Adult Swim Chat Thread

Oh man, this is an idea I had on another forum that worked out pretty well till they canned the Club system.

But the idea is as such: Adult Swim plays every night (now) 8pm till morning. People like [adult swim]. So why not chat with other swimmers when it's showtime? At the very least this can be a pretty chill thread to chat.

And if this takes off like I hope it does, I can edit this first post to include characters for everyone with pics and niceness.

So, chat away?

Ranks/Characters:
    Spoiler!

To be added, simply post with your choices.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-04-2014 at 06:15 AM.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    I do not have cable television.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Off to a good start.

The only anime change we had in England died...

I don't watch tv anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac Eclipse View Post
    I don't watch tv anymore...
    How does one do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Corduroy Turtle View Post
    Off to a good start.
    Lol, read the next four posts after you.

But that's ok, Adult Swim is all about low-self esteem and self-deprecating humor so by some transitive property this is actually the best possible start.

I torrent the only Swim show I catch on the regular. Which, of course, is Venture.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    How does one do that?
    It's pretty fucking easy when you have a computer with internet.

I was thrilled when CN put damn near all of it's shows on netflix instant, but then immediately disappointed when I found out it was all the first season only for everything. At least I don't have to watch Adventure Time taper off in quality, I guess.

I need to get into Venture Bros. I like what I've seen, but it's all been here and there.

Well, if this thread was made about 11 years ago I'd be all over it. Back when they gave Lupin The III, Case Closed, Samurai Champloo, etc; I remember staying up way past my bedtime on school nights just to watch Lupin. Those were the fucking days man, not a worry in the world -- sadly we can never get them back, but those memories will have to do. I believe I stopped watching Adult Swim once The Boondocks ended, which was about 5-6 years ago? Haven't looked back since, I don't even know what they show on there anymore. Oh and Venture Bros, can't forget that show either.

Does Adventure Time taper off? I watched a few seasons and it never got worse.

Ah, there's not much to really say about Venture Bros. till the new season comes out, which will be in like a year .___.

Yeah King, that's generally the case w/adult swim. That's why they hate people who like anime and make it known in their bumps, we complain too much about bringing this or that back xD I used to stay up to watch Yu Yu Hakusho. That was my thing back in the day. And this one time they played Gundam 08th MS Team super late, as part of like a brief run of midnight Toonami, that was bad ass, fond memories all around.

Also I'm updating the OP, gradually with some of me 'deas

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    When they focused on Finn's hormones kicking in and Bubblegum getting jealous, the show took a pretty big hit in quality. I heard they went back to basics after that, but the damage was done for me.

Archer!

Sterling Archer wakes up in the morning and wishes he was Xander Crews.

Yo Archer is on FX now. I don't know if I can count that =P

jk old shows count too

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    Maybe it's just me getting burnt out after watching 5 seasons worth of episodes, but some of the later episodes felt like they were just being weird for the sake of being weird and weren't funny and/or interesting at all. For the longest time, the episodes that further explained their world and stuff like Ice King's backstory are what kept me from dropping the show until I eventually did.
    I also grew to dislike Finn as the series went on, for the same reasons Stevil mentioned.

I can see watching five seasons through giving you a distaste for Adventure Time... It seems like because of the weirdness, the show is best enjoyed spread out.