Thread: The Amusement Park Thread

[Level 5: Mech]

dtoidsurprise The Amusement Park Thread

I don't want to toot my own horn about my background on the subject, but summer is coming up and you know what that means? Expensive parks and amusements!

Living in Southern California, my primary means of amusement parks are Disneyland (I work there), Knott's Berry Farm (economy fun!), Six Flags (look at the size of that rollercoaster...), and Universal Studios Hollywood (always ride the tram).

But you know what I was wondering? I need a good water park to go to this summer too. That's why I thought of this thread. Wild Rivers in Irvine was my favorite but it closed down. Raging Waters is in San Dimas is still open but it was never really my jam.

Anyways, what amusement parks do you live near and what are your experiences

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    There's one park nearby where you can watch a lot of drug deals and women clutching their purses as they walk by.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Well it is San Fran. Sounds FABULOUS!

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by StriderHoang View Post
    I don't want to toot my own horn about my background on the subject, but summer is coming up and you know what that means? Expensive parks and amusements!

Living in Southern California, my primary means of amusement parks are Disneyland (I work there), Knott's Berry Farm (economy fun!), Six Flags (look at the size of that rollercoaster...), and Universal Studios Hollywood (always ride the tram).

But you know what I was wondering? I need a good water park to go to this summer too. That's why I thought of this thread. Wild Rivers in Irvine was my favorite but it closed down. Raging Waters is in San Dimas is still open but it was never really my jam.

Anyways, what amusement parks do you live near and what are your experiences

Water park? San Dimas?

Okay, wait, if we were one of Europe's greatest leaders, and we were stranded in San Dimas for one day, where would we go?

Waterloo.

Last edited by Everyday Legend; 04-18-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    There's one park nearby where you can watch a lot of drug deals and women clutching their purses as they walk by.
    So it's one of those 4D​ experiences

I'm less than 10 minutes from Disneyland and 20 minutes from Knotts.

Haven't been to either in years.

Being in Pennsylvania, I went to two different parks at some point or another, Hersheypark and Dorney Park, though this year they're taking us to Six Flags Great Adventure, a place I've never been to. It should be really fun, possibly because of Kingda Ka.

Quote Originally Posted by boxcollector View Post
    Being in Pennsylvania, I went to two different parks at some point or another, Hersheypark and Dorney Park, though this year they're taking us to Six Flags Great Adventure, a place I've never been to. It should be really fun, possibly because of Kingda Ka.
    Great Adventure? What's that place got on Six Flags Magic Mountain?

[Level 6: Robot]
    I grew up in SW Pennsylvania about twenty minutes from Kennywood. That was always a pretty rad. Except that someone in my group of friends would inevitably act like a huge asshole for no reason and the rest of us would abandon them to walk around the park by themselves for the rest of the day. Waiting until 11 PM when the lines are dead and just riding the Thunderbolt over and over again for an hour was always a good time.

Now I live about a fifteen minute walk from Castles And Coasters which is a ghetto ass mini-amusement park in the parking lot of a beatdown mall (the mall they filmed Bill & Ted at, incidentally). You can ride all the rides in about an hour (if that) but it's got a decent mini golf course and go-kart track. The arcade's got some decent older games (MERCS is still my fucking jam) and the occasional new one as well. I like their pinball collection but they don't maintain them very well.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    She seems to be suffering from a mild case of hysteria.