Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Liquor Cabinet

[Level 6: Robot]

The Liquor Cabinet

This is a bar isn't it? Can I get a list of people's favorite mixd drinks with recipes and maybe a story as to why you dig it?

My current standard is a Dirty Russian. Essentially a White Russian using an espresso vodka instead of straight vodka. No particular story, but still damned tasty.

However my favorite drink is rum and coke because it was my first real drink. Mock Trial in college taught me how to drink and drink well. Bloody lot of alcoholics and damned good at drinking! While I was messing about with this crew our team captain bought me and my partner a case of shitty beer and a handle of TERRIBLE VODKA. I have no idea what happened that night, but I hear the stories were phenomenal.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by CornflakeJustice View Post
    TERRIBLE VODKA

Thread closed.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Tequila and coke....just amazing but you have to get GOOD tequila if you are spending $20 on a bottle I can fully understand why you would not like it.

MATRiX
    Coconut rum + ANYTHING. I swear, it could make shit syrup taste good, AND get you fucked up.

Beast Master
    I drink what's put in front of me. I don't know SHIT about alcohol.

Since I got all this free booze recently I've been downing a mouthfull of rum or tequila then right away drinking some beer to kill the nastiness. That's kinda mixing drinks, eh?

Seriously, I know dick about this stuff. Don't really think I need to know.

Nope.

MATRiX
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    I drink what's put in front of me. I don't know SHIT about alcohol.

Since I got all this free booze recently I've been downing a mouthfull of rum or tequila then right away drinking some beer to kill the nastiness. That's kinda mixing drinks, eh?

Seriously, I know dick about this stuff. Don't really think I need to know.

Nope.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Spiced rum and Crystal Light. I keep shit classy.

Aerox
    Take a clean whiskey tumbler.

Take a bottle of good whiskey. (If I'm not at a whiskey bar or anything and just at home, I like Maker's Mark.)

Pour two to three shots of whiskey into your tumbler. Add one to two (NO MORE) DROPS of filtered water. (One of my favorite bars imports water from Scotland to add to their scotch for authenticity. It's awesome.)

Drink.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    If you're going to be an alcoholic, you should at least learn to be a good one.
    I'm not going to be an alcoholic. Once I burn through all of this stuff I was given I'll be back to normal me, drinking beer on occassion. Drinking heavily at gatherings.

How heavily are we talking here?

MATRiX
    He'll mix some fruit juice with some varnish remover.

At least I hope so.

That varnish better be top shelf.

Beast Master
    Like I said, I'll drink whatever is put in front of me. I can get as heavy as y'all need.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    If you're going to be an alcoholic, you should at least learn to be a good one.
    I'm not an alcoholic! Those guys go to meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Like I said, I'll drink whatever is put in front of me. I can get as heavy as y'all need.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    jcmsniper and I invented a drink we like to call "The Hard Dixon". It involves a pint of beer and a shot glass filled half with vodka and half with pickle juice. Much like an Irish Carbomb, you drop the shot into the beer and chug it, and I'll be god damned if the only thing you can't taste is pickles.

Fucking delicious.

Beast Master
    Pickles are nasty, Randy. As are their juices.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    I've only been blackout drunk once. It was the first time I'd ever been drunk actually, but not the first time I'd drank. I was playing cards with a friend from work and people kept buying me drinks and I don't remember the second half of the evening. I've told this story before, but apparently by the end of the night and it was time to leave I was running around without my coat outside the bar in the snow, yelling about how I loved Violet, our cute waitress for the night. I woke up on my folks' couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post
    jcmsniper and I invented a drink we like to call "The Hard Dixon". It involves a pint of beer and a shot glass filled half with vodka and half with pickle juice. Much like an Irish Carbomb, you drop the shot into the beer and chug it, and I'll be god damned if the only thing you can't taste is pickles.

Fucking delicious.

I have blacked out twice thus far, three if you count being drugged.

One time it was only for a couple hours but I woke up at my buddies place on his couch, I had cut my lip and his keys were on my back. We had a DD as it was a Run for Cancer event so drinking from 8pm till 8am will do that to a guy.

The second time I guess I started to grope my fiance's sisters boobs. Sadly I do not remember this even

The lamest time was when I had 2 rye and cokes at a bar, my "buddy" walked up and said he bought me a drink, took a big sip and he started laughing that he had just grabbed it off the counter.
    I blacked out right after that (2 drinks do not even get me buzzed). I puked all night, laid outside in the freezing cold crying for an hour once they brought me home. I woke up in the bathroom pale as ghost and I could not eat or drink a single thing the entire next day.

My GF laid with me with outside and in the barroom the entire night to take care of me, love her for that and I was pissed at the guy for being a fucking moron, if he wasn't a good friend (besides that) I would have knocked his teeth out.

[Level 6: Robot]
    So apparently shortly after posting this I had two more Coconut Rum and Dr Peppers. After which I promptly laid down, passed out, and slept until the world straightened out. Woke up to bacon and eggs with fruit smoothies. It has been a wonderful 24 hours.