Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shows/Movies/Music That Reached You Emotionally

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav

Shows/Movies/Music That Reached You Emotionally

This thread I guess will be a sister thread to one I made a couple years back (http://forum.destructoid.com/showthr...ou-emotionally). The same idea goes for this thread as the game one.

I'm just curious what shows/movies/music reached you emotionally. Whether it be sad, happy, scared, surprised, excited etc.

Anyways, don't be ashamed to mention any tear jerking. Don't be ashamed to use them Spoiler tags either.

Spoiler!

- Walking Dead S1
    Last edited by TurboKill; 10-21-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Back in middle school I was staying home from school one day "sick" and just watched random movies on tv. I caught an old Natalie Wood/Robert Redford flick called "This Property is Condemned" and though it wasn't anything I'd normally watch I sat there and viewed the entire thing. I remember being depressed immensely by it, though I haven't watched it since so I'm a little shady on the details.
    Spoiler!
    For whatever reason, with my then-current state of mind that bummed me out.

I can't listen to the album 40 Ounces to Freedom by Sublime without thinking of this girl from my later high school years. It was one of the handful of CDs I brought with me on this youth group trip from Minnesota to New Orleans, and I listened to it a lot over that week, as well as hung out with her a lot. Had great times for that two year period of my life, and that trip was one of the last times we got to do stuff together before things changed. Anyways, for whatever reason that CD instantly makes me think of her and brings me back to a certain state emotionally because of it. So really it's the girl not the music, but they're so linked in my mind now that I can't take the two apart. "Waiting for my Ruca" and their cover of "Scarlet Begonias" in particular take me back, though like I said it's the whole album really.

I've got more, I'll have to think on this subject.

Bringer of Truth
    Turbokill, might want to mark what your spoiler is a spoiler FOR, so people know whether to click it or not.

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    Turbokill, might want to mark what your spoiler is a spoiler FOR, so people know whether to click it or not.
    I thought I did, silly me. Fixed it. Nice chat.

@ZP

Yeah, I have a bunch of examples I need to think up too. Better than my current one.

The Pete Standing Alone trilogy. I can't imagine how crushingly depressing it would be to watch a culture die, especially a culture that I'd associated myself with. So hauntingly tragic.

The TV show The Shield is one that got me. I started watching in season 4, then ran out and bought the first 3 seasons on DVD and got caught up and from then on out was hooked each week. I became waaay invested in the characters, felt like I got to know them. In the season 5 finale when
    Spoiler!
    it was devastating. Though you knew it was terrible and wrong you could see both sides of it. It actually made me depressed. And then the roller coaster of the final seasons after that... Yeah..

[Level 12: CHET]
    Medium - the final episode and the ending of another season where
    Spoiler!

Battlestar Galactica
    Spoiler!

Passion of the Christ
    Spoiler!

Lion King
    Spoiler!

Andre
    Spoiler!

8. 10-22-2011, 12:33 PM
    Reason
    tmi

Spoiler!

-I AM LEGEND

Quote Originally Posted by DUskit View Post
    Spoiler!

-I AM LEGEND
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by xthy; 10-22-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Related to previous spoiler

[Level 5: Mech]
    Les Miserables.

Spoiler!

Pwnd
    M, Peter Lorre

Toy Story 3. No grown man can watch this without saying the end touched something special. I am such a man and I will admit that I cried at the end.

Fin Sahrot Dovahkodaav
    Though I did not cry to Toy Story 3 I would easily admit to doing so to such a movie. It did grab my heart by the collar though.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Quote Originally Posted by Altamirite View Post
    Toy Story 3. No grown man can watch this without saying the end touched something special. I am such a man and I will admit that I cried at the end.
    Dear lord, yes.

I don't want to be the sort of dick who points these things out, but just about any reaction to a film is emotional really. Therefore just about everything I have ever watched has evoked some sort of emotional response in me.

For the sake of having something to contribute however, here are some things that have made me tear up for whatever reason.

The Great Dictator:

Spoiler!

Kill Bill Volume 2: What can I say? I am a sucker for a happy ending.[/SPOILER]

It's a Wonderful Life

Spoiler!

Star Trek (2009): Opening scenes. God damn. I love that film.

Up: ]Opening sequence, obviously.

The Incredibles

Spoiler!

Toy Story 3, the very final scenes. Just too amazing.

Doctor Who, Christopher Eccleston's last episode.

Spoiler!

Final episode of Friends. She didn't get on the plane.

Torchwood finale.

Spoiler!

Worth mentioning the final episode of season four of Skins too...

Spoiler!

Generally I watch things that make me laugh, and since I don't really laugh to the point of crying this is a short list.
    Last edited by Tarvu; 10-24-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mollygos View Post
    Forrest Gump
    Spoiler!
    Oh yes, that film too. Ooh ooh and...

The Terminal:

Spoiler!

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    I agree with Joe in various....

Toy Story 3

Eccleston's Finale in Doctor Who

Also, Tennant's finale...

Spoiler!

And the Season 4 finale

Spoiler!

Torchwood CoE

Spoiler!

Portal 2... can't really remember about the game itself, but when I listen to the soundtrack I get some motherfucking chills. Like with "Courtesy Call" and "Reconstructing Science"

Trainspotting

Spoiler!

I can't really think of many games... maybe Uncharted 2's ending? Didn't really move me as much as other things...

Flying around in Bionic Commando(the reboot one)'s multiplayer made me feel like the king of the world, even if I didn't finish the SP campaign. Just swinging around was so awesome I just can't get over it.

And I can't really remember many other movies, not saying I don't consider them memorable, but I'm just shit and remembering memorable things , but hell, I even teared up at the ending of Titanic.
    Last edited by Legion; 10-24-2011 at 10:34 PM.

I can't say that scene in Trainspotting effects me in that way, evokes shock and horror.

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    I can't say that scene in Trainspotting effects me in that way, evokes shock and horror.

Well yeah, the things I mentioned aren't all ;_; things.

It shocked me and it was harsh, it kinda got me. I couldn't get over how harsh that scene was after a couple days.

Oh yeah, the end of the Doctor dances too.

Can't really think of any Tennant episodes off the top of my head.