Page 926 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 426 826 876 916 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 936 976 ... LastLast
Results 18,501 to 18,520 of 20244

Thread: Let's play Werewolf on the forums!

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Alright, so here's where we stand:

1) MarcoSnow
    2) Hawk
    3) Djnealb
    4) Opium Herz
    5) Nihil
    6) ZombiePlatypus
    7) Dexter345
    8) Byronic Man
    9) Aaron Mxy Yost
    10) Muckfoot
    11) Usedtabe

Roles:

Seer: Every night, the seer selects one person to look into.

Body guard:
    Every night, the bodyguard selects one person to protect from mauling. This person is still vulnerable to the vigilante.

Vigilante:
    The vigilante has a single bullet that he can use during any night phase to kill a player. The vigilante always strikes first, and will kill his target before anything else occurs, be it protection from the body guard or mauling.

Cupid:
    At the start of the game, cupid selects 2 players to be lovers.

Lovers
    : The lovers our bound together, and if one dies in anyway, the other will commit suicide. Lovers can be any other role in addition to lover, and can communicate with each other during the night phase.

Sheriff:
    The sheriff is elected after the first mauling. From that point on, the sheriff publicly "locks up" one player. This player can only make one post after he is locked up. He is also immune from both lynching and mauling.

I think this covers anything, let me know if something is off.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamoctapus View Post
    Sheriff: The sheriff is elected after the first mauling. From that point on, the sheriff publicly "locks up" one player. This player can only make one post after he is locked up. He is also immune from both lynching and mauling.
    How long is that player locked up?

If it's only for one day, can the sheriff lock up a different person each day or is it a one time only thing?

Say we're down to one wolf left and that wolf gets locked up, they cannot attack that night either, correct? Seems obvious, but I'd like to see it in print for clarity's sake.

And since this is my first time and the entry post doesn't seem to clarify: are we being assigned roles or are we free to choose via PM to the GM?

Beast Master
    We'll be assigned.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I'd also like some clarification on the Sheriff role in addition to the questions posted by ZP (I've yet to play a game with said role).

1) Is the Sheriff elected permanently or can they be thrown out of office if a majority are displeased with the candidate?

2) What is the benefit of "locking up" a player? If there are several wolves remaining, locking up one wolf wouldn't change anything, would it?

3) How is the Sheriff functionally different from the Bodyguard, aside from the fact that the identity of the player thrown in the clink has to be publicly disclosed?

4) In terms of duration, can the Sheriff swap out the prisoner each day phase or is there a set amount of time the accused has to stew in prison?

5) Is the Sheriff privy to whether or not the person is a wolf? If so, is he allowed to share that information?
    Last edited by MarcoSnow; 07-01-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OpiumHerz View Post
    And since this is my first time and the entry post doesn't seem to clarify: are we being assigned roles or are we free to choose via PM to the GM?
    If we got to choose, it would be like nine werewolves against three seers.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoSnow View Post
    I'd also like some clarification on the Sheriff role in addition to the questions posted by ZP (I've yet to play a game with said role).

1) Is the Sheriff elected permanently or can they be thrown out of office if a majority are displeased with the candidate?

2) What is the benefit of "locking up" a player? If there are several wolves remaining, locking up one wolf wouldn't change anything, would it?

3) How is the Sheriff functionally different from the Bodyguard, aside from the fact that the identity of the player thrown in the clink has to be publicly disclosed?

4) In terms of duration, can the Sheriff swap out the prisoner each day phase or is there a set amount of time the accused has to stew in prison?

5) Is the Sheriff privy to whether or not the person is a wolf? If so, is he allowed to share that information?
    1. We've done it in the past where we elect a new Sheriff after the original Sheriff is killed, but we can't recall a living Sheriff. Other times, we've had just the one Sheriff, without an election after he dies.

2. We've also done it where locking up a werewolf lets the Sheriff know that he is a werewolf, since the Sheriff is watching him at night and will see him transform. Also, as ZP asked, if the locked up player is the one remaining werewolf, then there would be no kill that night.

3. The Sheriff's ability is a once-per-game, he keeps interactions from happening in both directions (where the Bodyguard only works in one), and the person who chooses to lock up is publicly announced during the day phase rather than privately decided at night.

4. The prisoner is only locked up for one day, and after that, the Sheriff's power is spent.

5. Yes, yes. Of course, the Sheriff is usually killed on the night that he locks up a prisoner...

[Level 6: Robot]
    Thanks for the clarification, Dex. Flam, sounds like you need to expand on the specific conditions attached to the Sheriff role (see Dex's post).

Btw, when are PMs going out?

Ok revised rule set:

BASIC RULES*

This game follows standard werewolf rules. At the start of the game there are an undisclosed number of werewolves among your group, whose goal is to eliminate everybody. The human players, on the other hand, must survive and eliminate the werewolves.

The humans will win if all the werewolves are killed.
    The werewolves will win if they reach parity with the humans.

The game is divided into Day and Night phases:

During the day, players can talk amongst themselves and discuss the events of the night before, or if they're convinced that one among their number is a werewolf, nominate or vote for an individual to be lynched.

During the Night phase werewolves can communicate amongst themselves (including me in the PMs) and choose whether or not they want to pick an individual to kill off. Other night roles likewise have to PM me with their choices.

Lynching will follow a simple majority vote in favor of an individual, if the number of votes for an individual equals the number that abstain then the individual will be lynched regardless of dissenting voices.

Post your votes in the thread, remember to bold them if you want it to count.

*Adapted from Panza's rules.

Roles: (to be randomly assigned via PM)

Seer: Every night, the seer selects one person to look into.

Body guard:
    Every night, the bodyguard selects one person to protect from mauling. This person is still vulnerable to the vigilante.

Vigilante:
    The vigilante has a single bullet that he can use during any night phase to kill a player. The vigilante always strikes first, and will kill his target before anything else occurs, be it protection from the body guard or mauling.

Cupid:
    At the start of the game, cupid selects 2 players to be lovers.

Lovers
    : The lovers are bound together, and if one dies in anyway, the other will commit suicide. Lovers can be any other role in addition to lover, and can communicate with each other during the night phase. Lovers can also share any information that they have (roles, seer discovery, werewolfism, etc.) Lovers win in multiple ways. If both are human, they win with the humans. If both are wolves, they win with the wolves. If they are one is a wolf, and one is human, they win by being the last 2 players alive.

Sheriff:
    The sheriff is elected after the first mauling. From that point on, the sheriff publicly "locks up" one player. This player can only make one post after he is locked up. He is also immune from both lynching and mauling. However he is released after one night phase. Upon the sheriff's death no new sheriff will be elected. If the sheriff locks up a wolf he will be informed during the night phase. Any information that the sheriff gains can be given at anytime.

All roles can be disclosed at any point of the game, however, it is usually not a good idea to do so. Also, you can claim to be any role at any time.

PM's will be going out shortly, along with the flavor text post. Again, any questions comments or concerns can be posted, and I'll answer. Also, thanks Dex for clarifying on the sheriff role.

Entry 24601:

Subjects reacting violently to the serum. 7 of the 8 have become unstable. We must abort.
    Entry 24602:

Subjects dying quickly, much faster than before. However, their ferocity is greater while they last. Still, a failure over all.

Entry 24603:

Subjects have now lived for more than a week. They’ve managed to retain their abilities throughout the experiment. Only time will tell if they can be trusted for deployment.

Entry 24603a:

Subjects still alive. Still at full strength. The true experiment can begin soon if they maintain this pattern.

Entry 24603b:

Subjects have retained all features for over 2 months. The true test begins now, as we are confident in the serum’s capabilities. Volunteers have been selected, and are being transported to the island.

Entry 24604:

Participants have been separated underneath the island. All 12 understand the rules. The test subjects have been infected, and understand their role. They are to be tested both physically and mentally, as they must survive through the day, and kill during the night. The defenders have been given their powers as well. As for the rest… They’ll make do with what they have. Participants being deployed in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

WEREWOLF: MURDER ISLAND FUN TIME HAS BEGUN. PM'S ARE BEING SENT OUT NOW!!!

DAY PHASE BEGIN!

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I know that it's probably easy to assume, but I think it should be pointed out for our newcomers that the Sheriff, like the Lovers, can also be another role at the same time. That includes Werewolf. Flamoctapus, please feel free to correct me on any of this if you want.

Honkey Kong
    Yeah, so definitely don't elect DJ Puppy as Sheriff because he is most likely a bad dude.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Like you're all that trustworthy.

Beast Master

Honkey Kong
    I'm just about always a good dude. Very trustworthy.

But I'm a better dude.

Honkey Kong
    Sheeit. We'll see bout dat.

Beast Master
    I nominate myself for sheriff after somebody gets mauled.

Honkey Kong
    Whoa now. Should we be rolling for Sheriff without even having a night phase for the Seer?

Beast Master
    Somebody has to die first anyways, I'm just calling dibs.