Page 838 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 338 738 788 828 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 848 888 938 ... LastLast
Results 16,741 to 16,760 of 20244

Thread: Let's play Werewolf on the forums!

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    Also, I sort of take exception to the idea that I'm "acting quirky." I'm trying to figure out who the Spies are, and one good way to do that is to get everybody to talk, so that the Spies can slip up. If you are Resistance and you are not talking, then you are not helping us.
    I talked a lot last game. I was a spy.

I'd like to think I didn't slip up.

I don't want to go down the road of "quieter players vs talkative players" like we often do, but that's just how we are. Some of us talk a lot of nonsense regardless, some of us don't chime in unless it's really necessary. It is what it is. We're not going to be able to change it now.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Also, I sort of take exception to the idea that I'm "acting quirky." I'm trying to figure out who the Spies are, and one good way to do that is to get everybody to talk, so that the Spies can slip up. If you are Resistance and you are not talking, then you are not helping us.
    I agree, just something about the way that you've gone about doing so has me a bit worried. It's not like I'm calling you a spy, I'm just saying that, like everyone else, you need to be watched.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Well, I voted against. As shady as Dex isacting, he has a point about getting people taking, and this is only the first proposal, so yeah.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Analoge View Post
    Well, I voted against. As shady as Dex isacting, he has a point about getting people taking, and this is only the first proposal, so yeah.
    You can't officially vote yet. Byron has that card that requires him to publicly vote before anyone else can cast theirs.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    I meant to ask this yesterday, but work got in the way. Why do you think Analoge and I are in "cahoots"? You just put that out there, but didn't explain why.
    I explained why earlier. Analoge made up a "random" proposal for 1.2, including herself, ZP, and noobspoon. Looking at the player list...

Dexter345
    Analoge
    djnealb
    ZombiePlatypus
    noobspoon
    Flamoctapus
    Byronic Man
    Mxyzptlk

...one explanation for her "random" proposal is that she didn't want two Spies on the mission, so she made a point to skip you. Then you come back with 1.3 which is exactly the same as 1.2, except you in place of Analoge. It's not proof that you're both Spies, but it would tidily explain things if it's true.

The other reason why I think you're a Spy is that you're holding "Keeping a Close Eye on You," and yet, somebody still failed Mission 1. It would be a bit ballsy (though not unreasonable) for ZP or noobspoon to have done that, knowing you were likely to look at their card and gain perfect information about who spiked it. However, it seems much more reasonable to me that you were the one who spiked it, knowing you could use your card and cast suspicion elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note... ZP, why did you give Opinion Maker to Byronic Man? (I am not hatin' on your choice, I am just curious what your reasoning is.)

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    You can't officially vote yet. Byron has that card that requires him to publicly vote before anyone else can cast theirs.
    Lastly, it would be pretty easy to CO a vote right now, even though Byronic Man hasn't made his public vote yet. Here are the possibilities:

Regardless of what Byronic Man does, I will vote FOR.
    Regardless of what Byronic Man does, I will vote AGAINST.
    If Byronic Man votes FOR, then I will vote FOR.
    If Byronic Man votes FOR, then I will vote AGAINST.
    If Byronic Man votes AGAINST, then I will vote FOR.
    If Byronic Man votes AGAINST, then I will vote AGAINST.

Feel free to pick one that suits you and send it in! One of the downsides of PBF Resistance is that a ton of time is spent just waiting for votes to be collected. It's true that we can continue the conversation throughout the process, but it doesn't happen much.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    FYI I'll only accept CO's that use one of the above templates.

The other reason why I think you're a Spy is that you're holding "Keeping a Close Eye on You," and yet, somebody still failed Mission 1. It would be a bit ballsy (though not unreasonable) for ZP or noobspoon to have done that, knowing you were likely to look at their card and gain perfect information about who spiked it. However, it seems much more reasonable to me that you were the one who spiked it, knowing you could use your card and cast suspicion elsewhere.
    Another reason that somebody failed it even though I have the card is that you had already cast suspicion on me when claiming that Analoge and I could be spies. That way, no matter what I said, it wouldn't be taken seriously. You carry more sway than you may be aware of.

Beast Master
    On another note... ZP, why did you give Opinion Maker to Byronic Man? (I am not hatin' on your choice, I am just curious what your reasoning is.)
    I wanted to give it to a more vocal, veteran player. Aside from Analoge, we're all pretty "veteran" at this point, and granted with this style of game Analoge is as experienced as any of us save you, Dex, but still.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Analoge View Post
    ok... I propose Myself, because I know I'm a righteous judge
    Noobspoon, because he won't vote for a proposal that does not involve him and the first mission's team selection seems pretty arbitrary
    And ZP, because I'm interested to see how he'll vote
    Yes, tell me more about my "random" choices.

Wolf Master
    Why yes, I do see some pretty bad reasons given for your "random" choices.

If you were a Resistance member, then you wouldn't put so much stock in having your proposal be the one that is chosen. You wouldn't know if your proposal was any good or not. So putting noobspoon on just because he said he'd vote for a team with himself doesn't make any sense. How do you know to trust noobspoon? If you were a Resistance member, you wouldn't necessarily trust noobspoon, and you wouldn't necessarily want him voting for the mission.

As for your choice of ZP, that's about the most vague, least useful reason you could give. He voted FOR your proposal, just like he voted FOR mine in 1.1. What does that tell you? And why are you interested to see how ZP votes in particular?

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    I wanted to give it to a more vocal, veteran player. Aside from Analoge, we're all pretty "veteran" at this point, and granted with this style of game Analoge is as experienced as any of us save you, Dex, but still.
    Jeez, Byron, way to prove me wrong.

Wolf Master
    Should somebody tweet at Byronic Man to remind him he's playing?

Should somebody tweet at Byronic Man to remind him he's playing?
    I just sent him one, but it looks like he hasn't been on twitter in a few days.

Beast Master
    He's probably dead and all you assholes care about is some stupid game on some stupid forums on some stupid website on the stupid internet.

Jerkfaces.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    He's not allowed to be dead, the rules don't cover it.

Bye-bye, we love you.
    He's probably somewhere being proud, moody, cynical, with defiance on his brow, and misery in his heart, a scorner of his kind, implacable in revenge, yet capable of deep and strong affection.

Quote Originally Posted by Muckfoot View Post
    Byron, you'll need to post your vote here.
    Sorry, it's been a very busy week for me. I had a lot of being proud, moody, cynical, with defiance on my brow, and misery in my heart, scorning my kind, implacable in revenge, yet capable of deep and strong affection to do.

I'll vote against the proposal. Essentially, it's what I would do if my vote were private in order to see how everybody votes without actually having to field a team. Even though there won't be any "gotcha" from my vote, I'm better off advocating an 'against' majority in case it comes down to a close margin.

I explained why earlier. Analoge made up a "random" proposal for 1.2, including herself, ZP, and noobspoon. Looking at the player list...

Dexter345
    Analoge
    djnealb
    ZombiePlatypus
    noobspoon
    Flamoctapus
    Byronic Man
    Mxyzptlk

...one explanation for her "random" proposal is that she didn't want two Spies on the mission, so she made a point to skip you. Then you come back with 1.3 which is exactly the same as 1.2, except you in place of Analoge. It's not proof that you're both Spies, but it would tidily explain things if it's true.

- - - Updated - - -

Good catch! Yeah that does look pretty interesting and quite easily not as random as was let on.

It's worth noting, however, that djneal did try to use his card after the first mission failed but after the mix up with the order of events he decided against it on the basis of sportsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    He's probably somewhere being proud, moody, cynical, with defiance on his brow, and misery in his heart, a scorner of his kind, implacable in revenge, yet capable of deep and strong affection.
    Or, y'know, probably just working or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Byronic Man View Post
    It's worth noting, however, that djneal did try to use his card after the first mission failed but after the mix up with the order of events he decided against it on the basis of sportsmanship.
    Dex, you keep on going on about why Analoge chose noob and ZP and why she skipped me. You've asked her specifically about noob and ZP, but not about me, so I will. Analoge, why did you choose to skip me in your proposal, knowing that I had the Eye on You card? I even said that that was why I voted against your proposal. Frankly, I'm also beginning to suspect you of anti-Judge sentiments, but am tired of being seen as guilty by association because of it.