Page 834 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 334 734 784 824 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 844 884 934 ... LastLast
Results 16,661 to 16,680 of 20244

Thread: Let's play Werewolf on the forums!

  1. #16661
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm for including djnealb in this first mission, because he has Keeping a Close Eye On You. In a three-person mission, he can play it on one of the other people who go on the mission. If the mission gets spiked with a FAIL, then what djnealb says would become very useful information. More likely, however, is that we'd just get a full-PASS mission out of it. Though it doesn't give us much information, it is nice to have the point.

    Of course, just having djnealb on the mission may be enough to deter any Spies from submitting a FAIL, whether he uses his plot card or not.
    Assuming he's a goodie.

  2. #16662
    [Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    djnealb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    Of course, just having djnealb on the mission may be enough to deter any Spies from submitting a FAIL, whether he uses his plot card or not.
    This. I'm all for going on as many missions as possible since that would mean one less possible spy on each team. However, because of this statement, it might be best to hold me back until a 4 or 5 person team and hope that I get lucky with the card.

    Actually, do I have to be on the team in order to use the card? I assume yes, but the card description doesn't actually say.

  3. #16663
    Wolf Master
    Dexter345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Columbus, MS
    Posts
    8,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronic Man View Post
    Assuming he's a goodie.
    No, we don't even have to assume that. We won't necessarily trust what he says, but that doesn't mean we won't gain any information from it. Picture this.

    djnealb goes on a mission, decides to use the plot card, one FAIL shows up in the end. Two things could happen from here.
    1. He says that the card he looked at was a FAIL. Two possibilities here.
    1a. djnealb is bad. He is lying and the person whose card he looked at is probably good.
    1b. djnealb is good. He is telling the truth and the person whose card he looked at it is bad.
    In either case, then THIRD person on the team necessarily contributed a PASS.
    2. He says that the card he looked at was a PASS. Three possibilities here.
    2a. djnealb is bad but he told the truth about the card.
    2b. djnealb is bad and he lied about the card.
    2c. djnealb is good.
    In the first two cases, djnealb is a bad guy. In the third case, djnealb knows for certain who the bad one is (the person who he didn't look at). Unfortunately, we don't know that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    This. I'm all for going on as many missions as possible since that would mean one less possible spy on each team. However, because of this statement, it might be best to hold me back until a 4 or 5 person team and hope that I get lucky with the card.

    Actually, do I have to be on the team in order to use the card? I assume yes, but the card description doesn't actually say.
    You do not have to be on the team to use the card, but if you are on team 1 and you use it, you gain perfect information about who submitted what.

  4. #16664
    [Level 6: Robot]
    Analoge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where your eyes don't go
    Posts
    853
    ok... I propose Myself, because I know I'm a righteous judge
    Noobspoon, because he won't vote for a proposal that does not involve him and the first mission's team selection seems pretty arbitrary
    And ZP, because I'm interested to see how he'll vote

  5. #16665
    Beast Master
    ZombiePlatypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    http://digitalconfederacy.com/
    Posts
    32,450
    I vote with my heart, because I know it will always lead me down terrible, horrible paths. Horrible paths that lead to emotionally scarring ends. Emotionally scarring ends that shape who we all are today.

  6. #16666
    Wolf Master
    Dexter345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Columbus, MS
    Posts
    8,899
    Interesting selection.

  7. #16667
    Wolf Master
    Dexter345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Columbus, MS
    Posts
    8,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Analoge View Post
    Noobspoon, because he won't vote for a proposal that does not involve him and the first mission's team selection seems pretty arbitrary
    Why do you necessarily want noobspoon to vote for your proposal?

  8. #16668
    [Level 8: Skynet]
    Muckfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,713
    Judge Analoge has selected a mission team of Analoge, Noobspoon & ZP

    Send me your votes, perps.

  9. #16669
    [Level 8: Skynet]
    Muckfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,713
    Waiting on two more votes

  10. #16670
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    No, we don't even have to assume that. We won't necessarily trust what he says, but that doesn't mean we won't gain any information from it. Picture this.

    djnealb goes on a mission, decides to use the plot card, one FAIL shows up in the end. Two things could happen from here.
    1. He says that the card he looked at was a FAIL. Two possibilities here.
    1a. djnealb is bad. He is lying and the person whose card he looked at is probably good.
    1b. djnealb is good. He is telling the truth and the person whose card he looked at it is bad.
    In either case, then THIRD person on the team necessarily contributed a PASS.
    2. He says that the card he looked at was a PASS. Three possibilities here.
    2a. djnealb is bad but he told the truth about the card.
    2b. djnealb is bad and he lied about the card.
    2c. djnealb is good.
    In the first two cases, djnealb is a bad guy. In the third case, djnealb knows for certain who the bad one is (the person who he didn't look at). Unfortunately, we don't know that.
    My question then is how do we infer the cause from the result? The best we can decipher is that the third team member contributed a pass, but not that they're trustworthy.

  11. #16671
    [Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    djnealb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,898
    Remember that there are going to be other cards in play as we go along.

  12. #16672
    Wolf Master
    Dexter345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Columbus, MS
    Posts
    8,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronic Man View Post
    My question then is how do we infer the cause from the result? The best we can decipher is that the third team member contributed a pass, but not that they're trustworthy.
    If the third person on the team necessarily contributed a PASS, then that tells us that he is either good, or he is bad and they somehow communicated what to contribute. It also narrows down to one in two people who is bad, among djnealb and whoever gets accused.

    Regardless of djnealb's allegiance, we will gain information from him. The power and usefulness of that information varies, unfortunately.

  13. #16673
    [Level 8: Skynet]
    Muckfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,713
    Waiting on one final vote...

  14. #16674
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    Flamoctapus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sorta near Chicago
    Posts
    1,696
    LET'S ALL POINT AND LAUGH AT THEM!

    "HAHA STUPID DOODEE HEAD, YOU HAVE A LIFE, WHAT ARE YOU, SOME KIND OF LIFE HAVER??!!!"

  15. #16675
    [Level 8: Skynet]
    Muckfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamoctapus View Post
    LET'S ALL POINT AND LAUGH AT THEM!

    "HAHA STUPID DOODEE HEAD, YOU HAVE A LIFE, WHAT ARE YOU, SOME KIND OF LIFE HAVER??!!!"
    Finally, someone seeing it from my point of view!

    If I could somehow appear into people's screens and directly point and laugh at them I totally would... they wouldn't see me as they'd be busy with life having but I'd know I did it.

  16. #16676
    Wolf Master
    Dexter345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Columbus, MS
    Posts
    8,899
    I'm still incessantly refreshing this page, too. It's a good thing this game doesn't rely entirely on trying to get a read on people by what they say. Still, some people's silences have been noted.

    One of the best ways for the Resistance to win is to force the Spies to talk!

  17. #16677
    [Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    djnealb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    force the Spies to talk!
    Time to start the waterboarding up in this bitch! Too bad used isn't playing. This would most likely become his most favorite game ever.

  18. #16678
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    Flamoctapus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sorta near Chicago
    Posts
    1,696
    Yeah, whatever happened to him? I miss this game being horribly offensive.

  19. #16679
    [Level 6: Robot]
    Analoge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where your eyes don't go
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    Why do you necessarily want noobspoon to vote for your proposal?
    Sorry for the late response. I was in the hospital until 5 in the morning yesterday because I fainted in the middle of class. I just saw that noob wasn't going to vote for any team he wasn't on and it doesn't really matter who we send on the first mission anyway because we don't know anything about anybody yet. Seemed like a reasonable choice. Get a vote for and a body on the team at the same time.

  20. #16680
    Beast Master
    ZombiePlatypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    http://digitalconfederacy.com/
    Posts
    32,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Analoge View Post
    and it doesn't really matter who we send on the first mission anyway because we don't know anything about anybody yet.
    Just want to say that I made the same point and was made a pariah.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •