Page 832 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 332 732 782 822 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 842 882 932 ... LastLast
Results 16,621 to 16,640 of 20244

Thread: Let's play Werewolf on the forums!

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Ok, here goes...

RESISTANCE GAME THREE: GUESS WHAT FILM I WATCHED LAST NIGHT

Mega City One was one of the last bastions of human kind, a huge expanse of living space surrounded by polluted ocean and radiated land. It was a place where hundreds of millions called home, it was also a place of crime, chaos and violence.

In a city where corruption is rife and brute force is king, those that enforce the law need to be feared and respected. The Judges are the law in Mega City One and recently they've seen their territory fully embrace the chaos thanks to the overwhelming power of Drug Lord Muckfoot's crime empire.

With little hope left, eight judges take it upon themselves to take apart Muckfoot's operation and ultimately tear the kingpin apart, piece by piece. Everyone has their price though, for in the midst of those powerful, incorruptible judges are three that have been bought and paid for by the underworld boss...

Here's a link to the rules:

http://forum.destructoid.com/showthr...=1#post1134034

Also here's the plot cards that Dex very kindly posted:

Here are the cards in play (the number in parentheses is how many are in the deck):

Overheard Conversation (2)- Use immediately - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must look at the Character card of one adjacent player.
    Opinion Maker (2) - Permanent effect - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must select and reveal their Vote card before any other players have selected they Vote cards. This card remains in effect until the end of the game. If two "Opinion Maker" cards are in play, those players must reveal their votes simultaneously.
    Establish Confidence (1) - Use immediately - The Leader must pass their Character card to any other player for examination.
    Open Up (1) - Use immediately - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must pass their Character card to any other player (including the Leader) for examination.
    No Confidence (3) One time use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to reject an approved Mission team (successful Vote). Using this card counts as a failed vote.
    Keeping a close eye on you (2) - One time use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to examine a played Mission card. Using this card does not require a player to announce its use before the Mission cards are played, nor does it affect the Mission card played. Multiple Mission cards may be checked in a single round, but no more than one player may check a single player's Mission card on a round.
    Strong Leader (2) - One time use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to become the Leader. Use of this card must be declared before the Leader takes any actions (draw Plot Cards or distributing Team cards). When a "Strong Leader" is played, another "Strong Leader" may not be played until a Vote has been taken.
    In the Spotlight (1) - One time use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to force a player to play their Mission card face up. The player playing this card must declare its use and the target player prior to any player on the Mission team selecting their Mission card.
    Take Responsibility (1) - One time use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must take one Plot card from any other player.

After writing all of those out, I feel it may be necessary to give some definitions, since those were obviously written for face-to-face play.
    Character card - this is what tells you whether you are Resistance or Spy
    Vote - this is when we decide if we are FOR or AGAINST a particular mission team
    Mission card - this is what people submit when they are on a mission, either a PASS or a FAIL
    Team card - this is what you hand out when you are officially deciding who to propose for a team

Lastly, if we stick with 8 players, the X.1 Leaders will draw 2 Plot cards. If we get one or two more players, the X.1 Leaders will draw 3 Plot cards.

Mission Proposal 1.1 - Take back the block control room

The current leader is Judge Dex

Before he proposes a team he needs to distribute the following plot cards:

Strong Leader (one time)
    Keeping A Close Eye On You (one time)

1) Dex LEADER
    2) Analogue
    3) DJ
    4) ZP
    5) Noob
    6) Flam
    7) Byronic
    8 ) Aaron

Judge Dex, tell us who you're giving the cards to and then everyone can discuss the upcoming mission.

Mission Proposal 1.1 - Take back the block control room

The current leader is Judge Dex

Before he proposes a team he needs to distribute the following plot cards:

Strong Leader (one time)
    Keeping A Close Eye On You (one time)

1) Dex LEADER
    2) Analogue
    3) DJ
    4) ZP
    5) Noob
    6) Flam
    7) Byronic
    8 ) Aaron

Judge Dex, tell us who you're giving the cards to and then everyone can discuss the upcoming mission.

Edit: Would just like to mention that whoever gets given Strong Leader can't use it the take the leadership from Judge Dex as the plot cards have already been handed.

Also whoever uses it might be interested to know the following:

- As the leader has been changed, playing Strong Leader counts as a failed proposal (I.e the player plays the card before proposal 2.1, he/se will be leader of proposal 2.2)

- playing this card also changes the order, for example if Flam used the card to take the leadership from DJ, the next leader will be Byronic and not ZP, as per the above list

Dexter should give both the cards to me.

Trust me, Dex. Trust me.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Question: After the Strong Leader card is used, do we go back to the person that we skipped or do we continue from there.
    Ex: Say Dex decides to give the Strong Leader card to Noob and then Noob decides to use it after Dex's mission. After we vote on Noob's mission, do we then go back to Analoge or just continue to Flam?

Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    Question: After the Strong Leader card is used, do we go back to the person that we skipped or do we continue from there.
    Ex: Say Dex decides to give the Strong Leader card to Noob and then Noob decides to use it after Dex's mission. After we vote on Noob's mission, do we then go back to Analoge or just continue to Flam?
    I updated my last post to cover this question, the answer is we continue from the new leader, so if you used the card and became leader the next guy in charge would be ZP.

Edit: using your example Flam would be the next leader. Sorry, I don't know why I used a separate example to answer your question.

Beast Master
    I like the theme.

Yep.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    You shouldn't give them to me, I'd have no idea when to use them.

Wolf Master
    Dang. Being first with this means I'll basically be giving these out randomly. One thing that we want to be careful of with Strong Leader in play is that we don't want any mission to go to the X.5 stage of voting, because the person with Strong Leader may play it for a Spy auto-win.

Anyway, I will give Strong Leader to Analoge and Keeping a Close Eye on You to djnealb. As for the first proposal, I'm probably just going to suggest us first three people. Anybody have a problem with that?

Work away.

I say break with tradition and do something different for the first mission. Or not. I don't really care.

Wolf Master
    Nobody has any comments yet? I guess for the sake of time, I will propose myself, Analoge, and djnealb for Mission 1.1.

Wolf Master
    I was ninja'd by djnealb's comment. Oh well. What's done is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    Nobody has any comments yet?
    I guess people wanted an official proposal before they started discussing it. I, for one, did offer a comment, but you were probably writing yours out at the same time that I posted mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    I was ninja'd by djnealb's comment. Oh well. What's done is done.

[Level 6: Robot]
    For the sake of getting the ball rolling, and because I know at least one real resistance member is in this team, I'm voting for.

Same. I have no reason to distrust either Dex or Analoge, and I know that I'm faithful Judge.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I've voted against because i'm not on the team and i know i'm a good guy.

I have to keep reminding myself that Dex isn't the game runner anymore. Almost clicked his name to PM him my vote.

Wolf Master
    You can do that for your mission submission if this goes through.

Sorry guys, been a busy day... to clarify:

Judge Dex has given the following cards out:

Judge Analoge received the Strong Leader card

Judge DJ received the Keeping A Close Eye On You card

Also Judge Dex has proposed a mission team of himself, Judge Analoge and Judge DJ for
    mission one, please send me your votes.

Currently have half the votes in.