Page 831 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 331 731 781 821 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 841 881 931 ... LastLast
Results 16,601 to 16,620 of 20244

Thread: Let's play Werewolf on the forums!

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Up to you guys, I don't mind incorporating the cards into the game if the demand's high enough.

Wolf Master
    I'd be fine either way.

I'll let it open 'til tomorrow - if anyone else wants in, or if current players want the cards included just post something to that effect before the game starts tomorrow.

Card me, yo.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    The cards sound interesting. I say we try 'em out. If we don't like them or they end up favoring one side or the other too much, then we can not use them next time.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Yeh, I dig the card idea too!

Cards sound cool. I'm up for em.

Cards plz

Dex, can you hook me up with the cards?

Actually I might have found them, is it "The Plot Thickens" plot cards?

Wolf Master
    I like how everybody wants the cards without knowing how they work or what they do.

When I get home tonight I can make up a list of the cards.

The basic gist of it is that the Team Leader for any mission's .1 proposal (as in, Team Leader for 1.1 gets to do this, but Team Leader for 1.2 and onward does not, until Team Leader for 2.1) draws a number of plot cards and immediately assigns them to another player. He cannot assign the cards to himself.

Some of the card effects give the ability to veto a proposal outright, force players to show each other loyalty, force somebody to vote before anybody else does, or allow players to see whether a particular person submitted a FAIL. In general, they benefit the Resistance, but if you play 'em poorly, they can benefit the Spies as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muckfoot View Post
    Actually I might have found them, is it "The Plot Thickens" plot cards?
    Yes. Note that some are used for 5-7 players, and all are used for 8+, I think. I'll take a look at home just to confirm.

Fifth Dimensional Admin
    I have no idea how resistance is played, anyone got a link to the rules?

Fifth Dimensional Admin
    Danke!

we shoulda used those from the start! I'm excited now!

I'll get set up soon, waiting on Dex to confirm something about the amount of plot cards, no rush though admits the weekend.

Wolf Master
    Here are the cards in play (the number in parentheses is how many are in the deck):

Overheard Conversation (2) - Use immediately - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must look at the Character card of one adjacent player.
    Opinion Maker (2) - Permanent effect - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must select and reveal their Vote card before any other players have selected they Vote cards. This card remains in effect until the end of the game. If two "Opinion Maker" cards are in play, those players must reveal their votes simultaneously.
    Establish Confidence (1) - Use immediately - The Leader must pass their Character card to any other player for examination.
    Open Up (1) - Use immediately - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must pass their Character card to any other player (including the Leader) for examination.
    No Confidence (3) - One time use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to reject an approved Mission team (successful Vote). Using this card counts as a failed vote.
    Keeping a close eye on you (2) - One time use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to examine a played Mission card. Using this card does not require a player to announce its use before the Mission cards are played, nor does it affect the Mission card played. Multiple Mission cards may be checked in a single round, but no more than one player may check a single player's Mission card on a round.
    Strong Leader (2) - One time use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to become the Leader. Use of this card must be declared before the Leader takes any actions (draw Plot Cards or distributing Team cards). When a "Strong Leader" is played, another "Strong Leader" may not be played until a Vote has been taken.
    In the Spotlight (1) - One time use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to force a player to play their Mission card face up. The player playing this card must declare its use and the target player prior to any player on the Mission team selecting their Mission card.
    Take Responsibility (1) - One time use - The player to whom the Leader passes this card must take one Plot card from any other player.

After writing all of those out, I feel it may be necessary to give some definitions, since those were obviously written for face-to-face play.
    Character card - this is what tells you whether you are Resistance or Spy
    Vote - this is when we decide if we are FOR or AGAINST a particular mission team
    Mission card - this is what people submit when they are on a mission, either a PASS or a FAIL
    Team card - this is what you hand out when you are officially deciding who to propose for a team

Lastly, if we stick with 8 players, the X.1 Leaders will draw 2 Plot cards. If we get one or two more players, the X.1 Leaders will draw 3 Plot cards.

Thanks for putting those up, I'm busy for the next few hours but after that I'll make up the deck of cards, select the spies and start the game.

Sounds very interesting!

Ok, I'm sending everyone their roles in the next five minutes, then I'll start the game.