Page 829 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 329 729 779 819 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 839 879 929 ... LastLast
Results 16,561 to 16,580 of 20244

Thread: Let's play Werewolf on the forums!

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Dex is right. We're doing a LOT better than what the resistance did in the last game.

[Level 6: Robot]
    So am I right in thinking that for this mission we have to pick all of the resistance members? if so, I can't vote for any team I'm not on.

Beast Master
    You, me and Dupree (or Dodger, whatever that dude's name is) are all in that predicament. As are all non-bad dudes.

Wolf Master
    Speaking of Dupree, it is like 9:30 in the morning over there now and he should totally vote.

Shitnuggets, sorry I thought I had already. Sending now!

Beast Master
    Oh man Owen Wilson, you're ruining lives.

Wolf Master
    Here are the votes!

Proposal 5.1, proposed by Byronic Man: ZombiePlatypus, Artful-dodgeR, noobspoon, djnealb, Byronic Man
    ZombiePlatypus - FOR
    Artful-dodgeR - FOR
    Analoge - AGAINST
    Flamoctapus - AGAINST
    noobspoon - FOR
    djnealb - FOR
    Byronic Man - FOR
    Muckfoot - AGAINST

The group was so close! They broadcast the evidence of corruption over the airwaves, letting everybody in the city know what evil was afoot. Now all the group needed to do to seize power was to climb to the top of the tallest skyscraper and not fall off. They sent their five best agents on the mission.

ZombiePlatypus, Artful-dodgeR, Analoge, noobspoon, djnealb, Byronic Man: send me a PM whether you would like the mission to PASS or FAIL. Unlike the voting for the teams, it will not be revealed who submitted which result. Remember, Resistance members must submit a PASS, while Spies may choose to submit a PASS or a FAIL. I'm just going to auto-vote PASS for all Resistance and FAIL for all Spies, since this is the last mission.

As the five agents leaped, bounded, bounced, kicked, shimmied, jumped, hopped, balanced, punched, and elevator'd their way up to the top of the skyscraper where the keys to the city were being held, they couldn't help bunch start up a conversation about how easy it had been to choose the last mission agents. Clearly the five of them were the five good guys, and only one round of voting was necessary to prove it. As they went on about how dumb it would have been to gather more information, they reached the top of the building. Then, Byronic Man and ZombiePlatypus shoved Artful-dodgeR, noobspoon, and djnealb off the edge, where they fell for several seconds before splattering into an indistinguishable puddle of muck on the concrete below.

Mission 5 results!
    PASS, PASS, PASS, FAIL, FAIL
    Therefore, the mission FAILS. Spies win!

Wolf Master
    Proposal 1.1, proposed by ZombiePlatypus: ZombiePlatypus, Artful-dodgeR, Analoge
    ZombiePlatypus - FOR
    Artful-dodgeR - FOR
    Analoge - FOR
    Flamoctapus - FOR
    noobspoon - FOR
    djnealb - AGAINST
    Byronic Man - AGAINST
    Muckfoot - AGAINST

Mission 1 results: PASS, PASS, FAIL

Proposal 2.1, proposed by Artful-dodgeR: Artful-dodgeR, djnealb, Byronic Man, Muckfoot
    ZombiePlatypus - AGAINST
    Artful-dodgeR - AGAINST
    Analoge - AGAINST
    Flamoctapus - AGAINST
    noobspoon - AGAINST
    djnealb - FOR
    Byronic Man - AGAINST
    Muckfoot - AGAINST

Proposal 2.2, proposed by Analoge: Flamoctapus, noobspoon, Byronic Man, Muckfoot
    ZombiePlatypus - FOR
    Artful-dodgeR - FOR
    Analoge - FOR
    Flamoctapus - AGAINST
    noobspoon - FOR
    djnealb - AGAINST
    Byronic Man - FOR
    Muckfoot - AGAINST

Mission 2 results: PASS, PASS, PASS, PASS

Proposal 3.1, proposed by Flamoctapus: Flamoctapus, noobspoon, Byronic Man, Muckfoot
    ZombiePlatypus - FOR
    Artful-dodgeR - FOR
    Analoge - FOR
    Flamoctapus - FOR
    noobspoon - FOR
    djnealb - FOR
    Byronic Man - FOR
    Muckfoot - FOR

Mission 3 results: PASS, PASS, PASS, FAIL

Proposal 4.1, proposed by noobspoon: ZombiePlatypus, Artful-dodgeR, noobspoon, djnealb, Byronic Man
    ZombiePlatypus - FOR
    Artful-dodgeR - AGAINST
    Analoge - AGAINST
    Flamoctapus - AGAINST
    noobspoon - FOR
    djnealb - AGAINST
    Byronic Man - FOR
    Muckfoot - AGAINST

Proposal 4.2, proposed by djnealb: Artful-dodgeR, Analoge, noobspoon, djnealb, Byronic Man
    ZombiePlatypus - AGAINST
    Artful-dodgeR - AGAINST
    Analoge - FOR
    Flamoctapus - FOR
    noobspoon - FOR
    djnealb - FOR
    Byronic Man - AGAINST
    Muckfoot - FOR

Mission 4 results: PASS, PASS, PASS, PASS, PASS

Proposal 5.1, proposed by Byronic Man: ZombiePlatypus, Artful-dodgeR, noobspoon, djnealb, Byronic Man
    ZombiePlatypus - FOR
    Artful-dodgeR - FOR
    Analoge - AGAINST
    Flamoctapus - AGAINST
    noobspoon - FOR
    djnealb - FOR
    Byronic Man - FOR
    Muckfoot - AGAINST

Mission 5 results: PASS, PASS, PASS, FAIL, FAIL

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I'd like to thank my fellow spies for carrying me in this game. We can still hang out together, right?

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Boy y'all really ought not forget.

ANALOGE! IT'S LAUGHABLE THAT YOU KEEP FORGETTING! YOU EVEN FORGOT WHEN YOU GOT TO CHOOSE THE TEAM!
    Boy y'all really ought not forget. ANALOGE! IT'S LAUGHABLE

Byron, fail

Really thought this might be too on the nose, but then Muck asked Byron to pass and got himself outed.

I fucking told you, ZP was trying way too hard to frame me. Thanks, Obama!

Who were the three spies then? I'm too tired to think and work it out.

Beast Master
    Muck, Byron and myself.

Ooaahhh, I just read the fluff and now I know.

Wolf Master
    The first thing I wanted to note that it's totally untrue that a Spy failing the first mission would be "suicide." Even if you guys had figured out which person on the mission was a Spy (33% chance to guess for those off, 50% for those on, so not even a sure thing), it's still 1 point for the Spies, so if every Spy could sabotage a mission and give himself away in the process, the Spies would still win.

The next thing that I thought was TOTALLY CRAZY of you people was to blacklist the first three players since the first mission failed. The only situation where that would be a good idea would be if all three of them were bad guys, but then if that were the case, they probably wouldn't have formed that mission. Even if two of the three of them were bad guys, that would require perfect choosing of the players off the first mission, since there would only have been four good guys among those off the mission. If there was only one bad guy on the first mission (which was the case), then blacklisting the first mission participants guarantees that the second mission will have a Spy on it.

But that wasn't the biggest screwup for the Resistance.

Proposal 2.2, proposed by Analoge: Flamoctapus, noobspoon, Byronic Man, Muckfoot
    ZombiePlatypus - FOR
    Artful-dodgeR - FOR
    Analoge - FOR
    Flamoctapus - AGAINST
    noobspoon - FOR
    djnealb - AGAINST
    Byronic Man - FOR
    Muckfoot - AGAINST

Here is the biggest thing that everybody missed, though truly, it wouldn't have mattered if anybody caught it, because Artful made a HUGE flub on this one, by not taking the time to consider things. After he sent in this vote, I even told him that it was a terrible move. Why? Because not only was there at least one Spy on this mission, but Artful-dodgeR should have been able to know that unequivocally before the votes came in. Artful-dodgeR was a Resistance member. There are five total Resistance members. From his point of view, there are two possibilities:

1. Analoge is also a Resistance member. In this case, only three other players are Resistance members. Since Analoge was pressured into not including herself on the mission (terrible idea, by the way), that meant that no matter who she chose, there would be at least one Spy in the group, because there aren't even four other Resistance members to pick from.
    2. Analoge is a Spy. In this case, she would pick a group with a Spy on it.

The reason I bring this up is that if Artful-dodgeR had thought that one out to its logical conclusion, then it would have been much more obvious that ZombiePlatypus is a Spy. He also voted FOR a mission which he would have no logical reason to vote for unless he were a Spy.

Artful-dodgeR did redeem himself a little bit by later picking out Muckfoot as a Spy. But I think djnealb should have been the one to figure that out.

Proposal 1.1, proposed by ZombiePlatypus: ZombiePlatypus, Artful-dodgeR, Analoge
    ZombiePlatypus - FOR
    Artful-dodgeR - FOR
    Analoge - FOR
    Flamoctapus - FOR
    noobspoon - FOR
    djnealb - AGAINST
    Byronic Man - AGAINST
    Muckfoot - AGAINST

Mission 1 results: PASS, PASS, FAIL

Proposal 3.1, proposed by Flamoctapus: Flamoctapus, noobspoon, Byronic Man, Muckfoot
    ZombiePlatypus - FOR
    Artful-dodgeR - FOR
    Analoge - FOR
    Flamoctapus - FOR
    noobspoon - FOR
    djnealb - FOR
    Byronic Man - FOR
    Muckfoot - FOR

Mission 3 results: PASS, PASS, PASS, FAIL

With the above information, you can see three people go on a mission and have one fail, then four completely different people go on another mission and have one fail. To outsiders, the two possibilities are that either djnealb (the one person who hadn't been on a mission) was a Spy, OR one of those missions had two Spies on it. To djnealb, he should KNOW that one of those missions had two Spies on it, and one had one Spy. So he could have been the one to go back and see how the Spies could have coordinated one FAIL in a two-Spy mission. Still, Artful picked it up, so this wasn't a huge loss.

In the end, I didn't see anything incriminating that Byronic Man did, so it would have been a tossup. But for the very last mission, it is unwise to simply accept the first proposal that comes along. Remember, voting records are some of the most important pieces of information, and by not always voting FOR stuff, you get the opportunity to see more voting records.

Proposal 4.2, proposed by djnealb: Artful-dodgeR, Analoge, noobspoon, djnealb, Byronic Man
    ZombiePlatypus - AGAINST
    Artful-dodgeR - AGAINST
    Analoge - FOR
    Flamoctapus - FOR
    noobspoon - FOR
    djnealb - FOR
    Byronic Man - AGAINST
    Muckfoot - FOR

One last note that I thought was kind of funny. Muckfoot could have won the game for the Spies much sooner if he had voted AGAINST here. If djnealb's proposal hadn't gone through, then Byronic Man could have proposed a team with all three Spies on it. If that got shot down, Muckfoot could have proposed a team with all three Spies on it. If that got shot down, ZombiePlatypus could have proposed a team with all three Spies on it. Since that would have been Proposal 4.5, the Resistance members would have to accept that proposal, or face automatic defeat. That's one of the dangers of having all of your Spies in a row; even if you knew who they were at that point, it would have been a loss.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Boy y'all really ought not forget. ANALOGE! IT'S LAUGHABLE

Byron, fail

Really thought this might be too on the nose, but then Muck asked Byron to pass and got himself outed.
    I definitely did not pick up on that one at all. Obviously Muckfoot didn't either. Byronic?

WOW, that's some MI5 spy shit right there.

Wolf Master
    Here is my spreadsheet, by the way.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&usp=sharing

The one thing that may not be immediately obvious is that bold entries are the players who are proposed for the team. I find that useful, because I get very suspicious of players who are NOT part of the proposed team but still vote FOR. In this game's case, that wouldn't have been a very good barometer though (Flamoctapus and noobspoon for 1.1, Artful and Analoge for 2.2, Flamoctapus again for 4.2--basically the only Resistance member who didn't implicate himself as a Spy to me was djnealb).

[Level 8: Skynet]
    That was waaaay too spy for me, wish I'd have thought of it.

I tried to vote opposite to the other spies to ensure no one found a link between us, besides Mission 5 was always gonna win for us as there's a few players who simply vote yes on everything.

Props to Artful for catching me out, although in hindsight it seemed really obvious (and that wasn't even the first thing I'd considered posting!)

Funny what Dex pointed out though, especially about the last mission - he must have been slapping his hand against his head so many times during this game. I'd suggest that Dex took part in the next resistance game but then again he might end up with a massive advantage?

Maybe next time you'll heed women's intuition.