Page 794 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 294 694 744 784 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 804 844 894 ... LastLast
Results 15,861 to 15,880 of 20244

Thread: Let's play Werewolf on the forums!

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamoctapus View Post
    Thanks ZP! By the way, who's Austin?

0. Santa Claus
    1. Dexter345-Hatman
    2. noobspoon-Hatman
    3. Mighty Hatman-Abstain
    4. Muckfoot-
    5. Byronic Man- Hatman
    6. Artful-dodgeR- Hatman
    7. djnealb- Abstain
    8. ZombiePlatypus-Dex
    9. Epic-KxDtoid

I'm sorta inclined to just call it. Hatman hasn't really made a defense for himself, and I doubt anyone will swing their vote.

Any objections?
    Austin_SJ joined the forums specifically to play Werewolf, and he played several games, and I think he even ran one (the samurai/ninja game?), but then he disappeared.

And anyway, from the tone of this, I think it's safe to assume at least that Hatman isn't the Seer, and is quite possibly even a Werewolf. If Hatman were the Seer, then it would be obvious to Flamoctapus that we'd want Muckfoot to wait until Hatman said something to that effect. I suppose it's moot since Muckfoot already put in his vote, but I feel pretty good about killing Hatman right now. At worst, he's telling the truth and all we're losing is a vanilla villager here. At best we'll be cookin' up some canis lupus for dinner tonight. I vote we deep fry him in peanut oil if he turns out to be a werewolf. Also, we should do it even if he turns out to be good, because why let good flesh go to waste?

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Yo, I'm feeling even mushier than normal (some of you will knwo that's hard to believe, some will be even more clueless), but I want to thank Floomtacos and muckfoot and Byron and Dex and Fish and Austin and everybody else that's hosted a game. And where the hell have Austin and River been? You dudes were solid here and I'm sure would be solid elsewhere in the Forums. Come back, eh?

<Much love to all of my werewolf bros.
    I second all this. Couldn't play these awesome games without you crafty motherfuckers hosting them and making them even more interesting with your tweaks.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    0. Santa Claus
    1. Dexter345- Hatman
    2. noobspoon- Hatman
    3. Mighty Hatman- Abstain
    4. Muckfoot- Abstain
    5. Byronic Man- Hatman
    6. Artful-dodgeR- Hatman
    7. djnealb- Abstain
    8. ZombiePlatypus- Dex
    9. Epic-KxDtoid

With the scent of Santa's remains still fresh in the air, many of the travelers wanted more blood. One villager claimed he was tired of not having his body tampered with to give him some sort of power. His angst was punished, as the travelers grabbed him and threw him into a fireplace. The magical voice again boomed from nowhere, "MMMM, DELICIOUS!"

"Does it taste like a wolf?" a traveler called from the group.

"NO," it replied, "HE TASTES... VANILLA"***

HATMAN IS DEAD. HE WAS A HUMAN.

BEGIN NIGHT PHASE!

***Don't read into this. It was just a way to get his death across. He may or may not have had a role.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Yo, I'm feeling even mushier than normal (some of you will knwo that's hard to believe, some will be even more clueless), but I want to thank Floomtacos and muckfoot and Byron and Dex and Fish and Austin and everybody else that's hosted a game. And where the hell have Austin and River been? You dudes were solid here and I'm sure would be solid elsewhere in the Forums. Come back, eh?

It's thanks to people like yourself and the other players that I continue to play Werewolf, you've kept it friendly, interesting and really fun despite the countless amount of games that have now been played.

Considering I joined in game eight (Austin's Ninja Game in April this year) I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this, so thanks you big penises.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    Austin_SJ joined the forums specifically to play Werewolf, and he played several games, and I think he even ran one (the samurai/ninja game?), but then he disappeared.
    Yeah, he did the feudal Japan one.

Wolf Master
    I'm pretty sure it was ClownBaby's island fiasco that drove him away.

"Use my bread!"

Beast Master
    I didn't follow that game at all. I knew ahead of time it wasn't my cup of tea.

Wolf Master
    It was sort of my cup of tea, but it just wasn't suited for the forums. In person it wouldn't have been so bad.

As far as I'm concerned, playing werewolves is the best part of the forums. It's been my pleasure.

Re: Battle Royale game
    Over Christmas with the family I played a board game called Scotland Yard, where one player is 'Mister X' (wears a cap with 'Mister X' on it and all to hide his eyes) and the other players are detectives. The board is a map of London's bus stops, taxi ranks and metro stations. Mr X secretly moves about the map - his position is unknown (only revealed every now and again when he 'resurfaces' ) but players know which mode of transport he took and can figure out his potential whereabouts/escape routes. The detectives have limited bus/taxi/train tickets but Mr X's are infinite. They win by catching him, he wins by evading capture for ~28 rounds. Most of the game involves the detectives discussing strategies to catch Mr X and debating his possible plans, and Mr X desperately trying to escape.

It's not suitable for the forums but well worth the price of picking up IRL.

Wolf Master
    Sounds cool, and it's nearly 30 years old now. Here's a link to some information on it. I guess it won the Spiele des Jahres award in 1984. That's like, the European board game equivalent of winning Best Picture at the Academy Awards. Pop the champagne for that, and all.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    That game actually sounds pretty bad ass.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronic Man View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, playing werewolves is the best part of the forums.
    Well it's certainly been getting that way more and more.

But anyways, it's night phase still. Stupid bad dudes need to hurry up and murder and get the show on the road.

Stupid bad dudes...

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    The travelers fell into a fitful sleep that night. That is, most of the travelers. Many of the group were busy that night. Two of the group were once again planning the demise of another. However, this one was not going down without a fight.

Noobspoon crept towards Dexter's room. As he opened the door, he was greeted with a frightening sight. Two of the travelers were in the process of transforming into wolves. Quickly, he identified one to be Dexter, and shot him straight through the heart. As the other grabbed a knife and plunged it into Noob's heart, he only had time to identify the face of his assailant.

The remainder of the travellers were awakened by the noise of the gunshot. As they rushed into Dexter's room to be greeted by the two corpses, the other wolf was able to slip back into the crowd unnoticed. After all, his work was done.

NOOBSPOON IS DEAD. HE WAS A HUMAN. DEXTER IS DEAD. HE WAS A WOLF.

BEGIN DAYPHASE!

0. Santa Claus
    1. Dexter345
    2. noobspoon
    3. Mighty Hatman
    4. Muckfoot
    5. Byronic Man
    6. Artful-dodgeR
    7. djnealb
    8. ZombiePlatypus
    9. Epic-KxDtoid

[Level 6: Robot]
    I'm best, don't let my death be in vain.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Good job nooby! Too bad you're dead now, though.

Beast Master
    Trend or mirage: Every time I nominate Dex, he's a bad dude.

Eh?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    He has been a bad dude a lot recently, Dex is the new Bizarro.

Solid work from Noob, could've been a big loss had he have stabbed the wrong guy! was Dex the guy with the eccentricity? I've been checking a lot of the posts but couldn't work it out, no one's really said much with the holidays happening.

Wolf Master
    Well it's certainly been getting that way more and more.

But anyways, it's night phase still. Stupid bad dudes need to hurry up and murder and get the show on the road.

Stupid bad dudes...
    Don't blame us; we had our decision in to eat noobspoon like a holiday turkey within hours. It was either Flamoctapus or one of the other roles that was holding it up. Also, I'm dead. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    When I die you should all kill Dex as a Christmas present.
    <333

Quote Originally Posted by Flamoctapus View Post
    Rules post!

Rules are pretty standard. Roles include:

Seer: Once a night looks looks into one person, by PMing me their name. They will be told if they are a wolf or a villager.

Bodyguard: This is the standard version in which the BG chooses a player to protect each night. A successful protection from ANY form of death will expend the BG's power, and will revert him to a standard villager.

Vigilante: Every night, I will ask the vigilante if they wish anyone dead. If they respond yes, the person will be dead in the morning. This form of death has priority over wolf attacks, so if both the vigilante and the wolves attack the same person, there will be one death at the hands of the vig, and the wolves will have done nothing. If the vigilante is attacked the same night he chooses to use his power, both the vig and his target will be killed. Long story short, the vig attacks first.This is a single use power, and will revert the vig back to a normal villager upon use.

Werewolf: The standard wolf. We should know how this works by now.

Eccentric wolf: The same as the other wolf, but with a twist. There will be something included in every post they make, that sets them apart from the crowd. I'll leave it at that... This eccentricity serves no real purpose aside from giving the villagers something to differentiate friend from foe. Also, the eccentricity will not be in affect for the first day phase.

Byronic style lynchings will be in place, and in the event of a tie between lynch and abstain, the lynching will occur.

Fluff along with PM's will be along shortly.
    So I'm guessing it was the vigilante what killed Dexter?