Page 788 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 288 688 738 778 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 798 838 888 ... LastLast
Results 15,741 to 15,760 of 20244

Thread: Let's play Werewolf on the forums!

Wolf Master
    With only three villagers left, each man knew one of the other two to be the newly crowned Rat Prince. Noobspoon claimed to have supernatural powers that hadn't done him any good so far. Mighty Hatman believed noobspoon and accused Bizarro. Bizarro believed noobspoon and accused Hatman. Noobspoon had a 50% chance of choosing correctly, and he and Bizarro strung Mighty Hatman to a second rocket and launched him into the sun.

As they watched the rocket leave earth, they went to congratulate each other on a job well done. As Bizarro and noobspoon shook hands, they locked eyes, and only then was the truth apparent. Noobspoon's skin burst and disintegrated, just like Byronic Man's before, and the flood of rats that spilled forth were enough to overwhelm Bizarro, whose last regret was sending his final ally careening toward the sun. Mighty Hatman would die of asphyxiation before he ever got close to burning from the intense heat.

Mighty Hatman was killed. He was not a bad dude
    Noobspoon was the Rat Prince, and he devoured Bizarro, causing the rats to win!

That was a close one. Here are some interesting points.

Noobspoon was the Seer. Byronic Man chose just the right person to turn to the dark side. So Hatman isn't allowed to slap noobspoon, since he technically wasn't lying about being the Seer.

Noobspoon had awful luck with finding people, confirming good guys very shortly before they would be killed one way or another. One curious thing was that he didn't fight hard to save ZombiePlatypus, even though he knew ZP to be a good guy. Perhaps he didn't want to let on that he knew more than the average player. He did actually confirm Bizarro to be human, but that would have been irrelevant once Byronic turned somebody.

I'm a little surprised at how little discussion occurred on the last day, and how easily Hatman and Bizarro accepted noobspoon. Granted, he was mostly telling the truth, but I thought for sure once noobspoon came out that it would be seen as a suspicious move in order to gain trust. Turns out it was just a move in order to gain trust.

And that sort of highlights one of the downfalls of this setup. After Byronic turned somebody, nobody had any useful information any more. Not even past voting records could be taken into account, because anybody could have been turned. The only piece of information would be predicting who Byronic would have turned, which Bizarro attempted, unsuccessfully.

There are things I like about the barebones games, most chiefly the speed of it. Noobspoon and Byronic were both on at roughly the same times, and as the only night phase players, some night phases went extremely quickly. I was actually a little surprised that nobody suggested that the Seer must be dead since it went so quickly. It would have been an incorrect assumption, but it's one I probably would have made. Also, in the barebones games, there is more emphasis on using peoples' words in order to figure stuff out, rather than superpowers.

Unfortunately, there wasn't a whole lot of discussion on this one, perhaps partially because nobody had anything to go on for most of the time. I'm a firm supporter of the "kill the people who aren't talking" approach, and I'm glad that Byronic helped toward that end as well.

Anyway, I think that's all I have to say right now. I'm in for the next game, regardless of who is moderating it. And check it out, you get a neat new forum badge if you moderate one of these! So if you haven't yet but you've been thinking about it, you should give it a shot!

Honkey Kong
    I'm thinking about running one but I don't know if the theme would be Kosher. Think WW2/Inglorious Basterds but we're hunting the last 3 "rats".

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    Noobspoon was the Seer. Byronic Man chose just the right person to turn to the dark side. So Hatman isn't allowed to slap noobspoon, since he technically wasn't lying about being the Seer.
    I don't see how it would really matter if he hadn't tagged the Seer as his new replacement. I mean, all of the Seer's info was void as soon as the "prince" was crowned, and with three people left either the villagers kill the right person and win, they kill the wrong person and lose, or they kill nobody and lose.

Personally, I don't like the twist of having only one baddie and then having him name a replacement upon death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    I'm thinking about running one but I don't know if the theme would be Kosher. Think WW2/Inglorious Basterds but we're hunting the last 3 "rats".
    Do it. I wanna be Roth or Pitt or Waltz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    You got me there. Once again good guys lose cause they think I'm a bad guy when I'm not. You'd think people would notice the trend of me not being bad.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Wasn't a huge fan of the barebones variant either. It was a little too luck based. Sure, it put more on talking, but talking is so self edited in text form, that only really stupid mistakes will stand out.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I WIN MWAHAHAHAHA, bow to your rat lord. Also IM In for the next game.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Personally, I don't like the twist of having only one baddie and then having him name a replacement upon death.
    Yeah, it throws a wrench into everything. I had considered making it so he has to tell me at night who to infect. If we did it that way, it's a gamble to not do it, because you may be outed by the Seer the next morning. The way it was set up here, there's no better option than to wait until the last minute to do it. However, what I feared from that setup would be that there was no better option than to use the power right away. I like to facilitate interesting decisions, and I failed on that front with this one, because I was too worried about a forced choice in the other direction.

I had also considered just giving a hard time constraint, like "you must convert somebody by the third day," but that would just mean that he would just wait until the third day. I think requiring it to happen at night would be the best, but we'd have to try it to see.

As long as it's not another barebones I'm in. If I'm a vanilla villager again I will rage.

Beast Master
    Barebones is fine, I just don't think this twist lent itself well to a stripped down game. I really was surprised it took as long as it did for Byron to get offed.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Please do this.

I well enjoyed the barebones game, it forced us to pick at everything each other said.

Honkey Kong
    You guys do understand that I mean Waltz's definiton of "rats" right? The Jews are going to be the bad dudes. Just like real life

I'm okay with taking part in Used's fantasies.

Honkey Kong
    I just thought of it a week ago so I'd need time to put it together. If someone else wants to run one please do.

Beast Master
    I just thought of it when the badge for hosting a game went live.
    That's cool.

Honkey Kong
    Haha. That is what made me consider it more seriously.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    It would be weird if you ran a game and it wasn't anti semitic.

If this shit's happening I'm well in

Really surprised that everyone went with Noob's claim as the Seer. I thought it was far too convenient a claim to land him anything but a noose. Nevertheless, good job!

Count me in.

Oh yeah, my main reason for picking noob as the rat buddy was in the hope that he'd change his vote for lynching. Didn't quite work out, though.

Edit: cool new badge. Is there a list of current owners, out of interest?

[Level 6: Robot]
    In like mike. Whoever the fuck mike is.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I'd be down to host the next one, if no one else wants to. I have no real ideas of my own for mechanics, so unless anyone wants to throw out some ideas, it'd be classic.