Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Generations (Actual Game Thread)

[Level 6: Robot]

Sonic Generations (Actual Game Thread)

Ok, the first "thread" seems to have fallen on its face from the very begining, so it's probally best to just start over.

This is probally the first sonic game in years that I have actually become anything more than remotely interested in and I've finaly decided that unless it becomes a last minute train wreck, I am planing on geting it around cristsmas. So, is anyone planing on picking it up day one, or are you going to wait and see or pass on it?

Trolls Softly
    I'm gettin' it fo' sho'. I even have one of those nifty Three-Dee-Ess things.

I'm a long time sane Sonic fan. The massive orgy of nostalgia going on here is enough for me.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]

Day One For Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 3man View Post

Ok, the first "thread" seems to have fallen on its face from the very begining, so it's probally best to just start over.

This is probally the first sonic game in years that I have actually become anything more than remotely interested in and I've finaly decided that unless it becomes a last minute train wreck, I am planing on geting it around cristsmas. So, is anyone planing on picking it up day one, or are you going to wait and see or pass on it?
    Another decent looking sonic game finally, I don't know what happened after sonic adventure to but I don't thinkn they can go wrong with updating what got them to the top in the first place.

Trolls Softly
    I agree, bro. Hey, while you're here, why not go make an intro thread and stay a while? Also, read this. It's Gobun's guide to new forum users. It helps quite a bit, I say.

Adamaterasu
    I am so looking forward to this. Sonic Colours was a step in the right direction and from what I've played of this, I am going to enjoy it... HARD.

[Level 8: Skynet]

Sonic has consistently kept me engaged via handhelds like Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush, so I'm not quite as jaded as the average Sonic fan that clings to the console releases. Of the newer Sonic games I skipped from Sonic Adventure 2 to Sonic 2006, and honestly it's not as soul crushingly bad as people make it out to be. It's glitchy and unpolished and could have been a pretty good game if it hadn't been rushed out the door. They probably should have worked on perfecting that formula for next generation consoles rather than trying to go back and reboot the guy so many times. Aside from that I've only played a little bit of Sonic Unleashed on 360, and it was okay-ish.

That said, I have this game reserved on both 360 and 3DS and I'm expecting good things.

7. 10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
    Reason
    Video was removed :(

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    This will probably be the one new game I buy this year. I'm pretty excited for it.

I would've pre-ordered that awesome Collector's Edition but it's not coming to North America...yet. Right, SEGA?

I know you're reading this.

Trolls Softly
    Is that Collector's Edition on PS3? I may have to import it.

Yep, it's on PS3. It's sold out on Amazon UK, but there is a short list of retailers who ship worldwide at extravagant costs: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/09/...tion-revealed/

More gameplay, this time Moderen Sky Sanctuary and both versions of Seaside Hill

Trolls Softly
    Is there or isn't there going to be Oil Ocean? At least the song? And what about Doomsday Zone (Super/Hyper Sonic)? Those jams get me pumpin'.

They have been saying that there will only be one level from each major game, which will be Sky Sanctuary for Sonic 3/Knuckles. However, they are also throwing in a lot of refrences to other levels (Ex. Flying Battery in Rooftop Run), so you might still see Oil Ocean.

And as for Doomsday Zone

Trolls Softly
    Damn it, I love that song.

I know, I'm still hopeing they make it part of the final boss battle.

Just played the demo and I am now officially excited for this game. They rebalanced classic sonic so that he is less floaty and controls even more like the genesis games (so close I can't tell the difference) and modern sonic is great; you feel fast, but not out of control and they still throw in a bit of platforming near the last third of the level.

My one complaint is that the level is a bit short, but considering it is so fun just to replay it, this issue is minor at best.

IGN just gave 360/ps3 version 8.5 out of 10.

Also, bumped because I refuse to let this thread die.

Trolls Softly
    What? A Sonic game that received a better score than Gears? MADNESS!

I'm so getting it.

Even if IGN is full of snot.

Someone got their hands on the game early and was kind enough to rip the whole soundtrack. Loads of remixes from older Sonic games are in there, including some more obscure stuff (Sonic Spinball?!)

I like it.

Oh and I guess that guy's profile has a bunch of cutscenes and gameplay footage, if you're into that sort of thing. I'm gonna spoil as little of this game as I can before I get it next week. Listening to the music isn't a huge spoiler right?
    Last edited by Perfidious Sinn; 10-29-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Still responds to BLOO
    I'll prolly get this game in the bargin bin. Looks okay.

Someone already uploaded a good chunk of the cutscenes on youtube, not horrendus. But not very good either.

Trolls Softly
    Jimothy gave it an 8/10. Considering I mesh with his views on Snonic, I'll be sure to get it sometime relatively soon.