Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RAGE

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arglactable View Post
    Id is awesome at corridor shooters and I think they are simply at their best when they stick to that core level design framework.
    Agree 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by dare View Post
    The mechanics work fine and all, but running out of ammo makes it a lot less fun.
    So true. They really should have made the machine gun ammo in the vehicles unlimited. I understand a limit on rockets, but come on -- it's not like the MGs were very powerful, and not being able to shoot at all was just annoying.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    In case you haven't heard, the new DLC will be out next week and will only be $5.

Return to the Wasteland in The Scorchers, an all-new RAGE add-on from id Software – arriving on 360, PC, and PS3 next week for $4.99 (or 400 Microsoft Points).

In this brand-new adventure spanning six all-new areas, you will fight alongside new allies to defend the Hager Settlment from a maniacal bandit clan known as The Scorchers. Along the way, you’ll participate in a new season of Mutant Bash TV, encounter new mini-games, and wield the overpowering and brutal Nailgun.

In addition to the new content, this DLC includes ‘Ultra-Nightmare’, a new high difficulty mode, as well as an ‘Extended Play’ option that allows you to play past the original ending of the game – giving you the opportunity to finish collecting items and achievements.
    All I care about is the mini-games. I'm addicted to that one you play in the first town where you have to shoot the mutants before they reach your dude.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    In case you haven't heard, the new DLC will be out next week and will only be $5.
    Considering I got the game for $5 during the last Steam sale, that seems pretty pricey.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Buying it for the nailgun and because NG+ means I can just use my old save file.

Beat the DLC. It was... OK. Thoughts:

Nailgun was pretty badass, and its three ammo types -- basic nails (sprayed SMG-style), rebar (think the crossbow from HL2) and railgun (which shoots through walls!) -- were all very fun to play around with. Headshotting a guy with the rebar ammo and then finding his head pinned to a wall behind him (and then retrieving your ammo and watching as his head falls to the ground) is always satisfying.

The mission itself was split into four or five sections, and, while the story was nothing to write home about, the new locales were some of the best/best looking in the game and new enemy types were fun to shoot at. (And the driving was kept to a minimum, thank the lord Jessu.) All in all it took me between two and three hours to beat, and you're rewarded at the end with a new house in Wellspring that displays various trophies for the things you've done in the game.

I'd say it's worth the $5, but only if you thought the game was good to begin with. (Meaning it won't change your opinion if you already didn't like it.) Also, the main chick who follows you throughout the quest can always be found lying on your bed after the mission is over, and she clearly wants the dick. Not even joking.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Picked this up for $5 about a week ago, and have been playing it off and on between TOR sessions. I'm having a ton of fun with it.

But I have a question. Should I purchase the DLC before I beat it so I can get the NG+ stuff? Does the DLC integrate with the main story at all, or is it a separate selection in the main menu screen?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    It integrates with the main game. You just get a new mission when you load up. Kind of like how DLC in Fallout works.

Perfect. Thanks!

Yeah, and honestly I'd purchase it sooner rather than later. The Nailgun is hella fun and it'd be nice to use for the remainder of the game.

EDIT: I have a feeling you'll love the quest-giver chick, Pappa. She's got a big ol' booty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post
    EDIT: I have a feeling you'll love the quest-giver chick, Pappa. She's got a big ol' booty.
    BUYING IT RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

I need to finish this game. I think I've played about 3/4

And I need to play it more. I think I've only put 2-3 hours in so far. About how long is the main campaign?

[Level 3: Humanoid] arglactable's Avatar
    Not terribly long. It took me about 13 hours.