Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints Row the Third

Honkey Kong

Saints Row the Third

Can't believe there isn't a official thread for this game. For those who played SR2, you know the goodness that is bound to come. Hands down, IMO, the best sandbox game of this generation.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    huzzah!!

[Level 2: Human]
    I'd rather give that honour to Just Cause 2, but yes, loved Saints Row II to bits. Can't wait for this one, looks to be a major improvement. ^^

Bringer of Truth
    I'm with giving the prize to SR2 just because I never played Just Cause 2.

Either way, this is easily my most anticipated game this year. BF3 will be prettier, something will have a better story, something else will have better gameplay. But this is sure to be the FUNNEST game of the year.

Honkey Kong
    I don't want to turn this into a versus thread, but I've played Just Cause 2(shit controls, shit controls everywhere ;p) and SR2 still keeps the title. But you're right, this is going to be the funnest game of the year no doubt.

Pwnd
    The graphics look a lot better than they did in part two, along with everything else. Imma get this.

Just Cause 2 got old real fast after the main story was completed. Its open world was actually too big and without enough variety. I never did get the 75% complete achievement. Got up to about 60%, got bored and started playing something else.

Keeper of the Reals
    SR3 hypest game

hypest

game

Honkey Kong
    I saw your girl Emma in the Paper Man recently. Great movie, she did good.

Keeper of the Reals
    Yeah, I loved the shit out of that movie. Her best performance so far and the best of the movie.

Honkey Kong
    It really was great. I was floored.

[Level 6: Robot]
    You know, I didn't care for Saints Row 1 that much but I've been getting a little excited about The Third so I decided to borrow Saints Row 2 from a friend. I'm only about an hour or so into it and it's not a bad game but I just think I'm kind of over the sand-box game.

Honkey Kong
    SR1 sucked in my opinion. It tried to hard to be a GTA clone. It wasn't until SR2 that they broke into their own thing, and the ridiculous activities came along, making it completely different.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    SR1 sucked in my opinion. It tried to hard to be a GTA clone. It wasn't until SR2 that they broke into their own thing, and the ridiculous activities came along, making it completely different.
    That's pretty much the general consensus, and why I'm looking forward to the Third so much.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    That's pretty much the general consensus, and why I'm looking forward to the Third so much.
    I guess I was just tired of the same old GTA formula because I loved part 1. It wasn't an amazing game but it had enough to make it my new favorite series over GTA. Then 2 came out and GTA:IV sucked enough that everyone jumped on the SR bandwagon. :/ Oh well. The more the merrier, I guess.

Pwnd
    I liked the first Saints Row more than any of the GTAs. The customization options were what made it great.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
    I guess I was just tired of the same old GTA formula because I loved part 1. It wasn't an amazing game but it had enough to make it my new favorite series over GTA. Then 2 came out and GTA:IV sucked enough that everyone jumped on the SR bandwagon. :/ Oh well. The more the merrier, I guess.
    Be glad they did, or there wouldn't be a third. Also I can't think of a SINGLE person who bought SR2 because they thought GTA IV sucked (it didn't), they bought it because word was getting out how good SR2 is.

Pwnd
    I bought Saints Row 2 mainly because I liked the first one, but yeah, thinking GTA IV sucked probably had something to do with it as well.

[Level 8: Skynet]

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by grunchk1n View Post
    GAME OF THE YEAR! SKYRIM WHO?!

changed my life
    Trying to venture out into the forums outside of the Bar. This thread makes me happy. This game will make me happy. So fucking stoked.