Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plot Hole Thread

[Level 4: Cyborg] PiercePierceBinks's Avatar

Plot Hole Thread

So this thread is for posting any plot holes in games, movies, TV shows, etc.
    Here is mine:
    CAUTION SPOILERS

In Heavy Rain, Madison is shocked that Scott is the killer, even though they have never met.
    Quickly she bolts over to his house and confronts him, and it seems like she knows him.
    Just thought it was strange.

Anyway, I searched for a thread like this, but couldnt find one. Sorry if there is a duplicate.

Pwnd
    I always thought it was weird how Bruce Wayne is the richest and most influential person in Gotham, yet he thinks the best way to clean up a city is to dress up in a leather suit and beat the crap out of people. Why not lobby politicians and donate to the police department? Or hell, with his means he could simply take over the crime syndicates himself and shut them down from within.

That's not a knife...
    What would happen if the bad guys won in Tron legacy? A huge ship would have been rezzed into a tiny basement. STUPID PEOPLE.

Another Heavy Rain one. There is no reason for Ethan to regain consciousness with an origami figure in his hands. It is never explained, nor is it in any way intelligible in and of itself.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Michael Bay's Transformers. That is all.

Jeff Goldblum
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    I always thought it was weird how Bruce Wayne is the richest and most influential person in Gotham, yet he thinks the best way to clean up a city is to dress up in a leather suit and beat the crap out of people. Why not lobby politicians and donate to the police department? Or hell, with his means he could simply take over the crime syndicates himself and shut them down from within.
    Because it wouldn't be badass?

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Altair View Post
    Because it wouldn't be badass?
    Actually, Scarface Bruce Wayne would be one of the most badass things imaginable.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    Fundamental flaw from Catherine: how does Vincent play two girls at once, when he spends the entire game in the same set of clothes? Dude must be smelling pretty raw by at least the third day. He's lucky to be hooking up with one Catherine, let alone two.

That's not a knife...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Actually, Scarface Bruce Wayne would be one of the most badass things imaginable.
    YES.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    I really like this thread, but I think we should all agree to spell out at the very beginning of each comment which game/whatever is going to be spoiled, and maybe even gray out the spoiler text. Cool?

For example:

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Doom

You die at the end of episode one. Please explain episodes two and three (and Doom 2, too).

Bringer of Truth
    Seriously, that should be pretty obvious but I guess not :P

The grey only works on certain skins though.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    Seriously, that should be pretty obvious but I guess not :P

The grey only works on certain skins though.
    Very good point. Are there any better options? (A [SPOILER] tag would be stellar.)

Still, ANYTHING is better than just burying the warning in the middle of a paragraph, or saying "SPOILER ALERT" without signifying which game it's for

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    We used to have some spoiler tag function, but now I can't remember what it was. Something with the Mr. Destructoid shout box or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Andy Dixon View Post
    Doom

You die at the end of episode one. Please explain episodes two and three (and Doom 2, too).
    I think the idea is you're severely injured during the transport to Deimos, but not killed. I completely fucking forget though, though I thought the game 'pulled out' just before death. Could be wrong.

Uncharted 2:

You get the key from Marco Polo's men who crashed upon Borneo. Marco Polo dates back to the early 1300s.
    Upon getting the key and finding the proper temple in Nepal, you discover the hidden entrance that leads to the room with the Raiders of the Lost Arc style map to Shambala. You head on down.
    Speaking of Indiana Jones, this is when you land in the trap door with the spiked ceiling that will crush you unless you figure out to shoot out the pegs in the wooden cogs. Anyway, after that, searching this room, you realize there is an MP40 machine gun lying on the floor, a machine gun used by Nazi troops during World War 2. This would date the German discovery of this hidden path in the Nepalese temple somewhere within the late 1930s to 1940s.

So I ask, how is it that the Germans were able to discover this secret path if the key to access this tunnel was with Marco Polo's crashed fleet in Borneo? The only explanations would be either a) some very dutiful Germans returned the key to whence they obtained it, or b) they had another key, or somehow some other entrance that the Germans found (there is sunlight peering in through the mirror reflection room). Both explanations are kind of dumb.

Thankfully I don't let shit like this ruin a balls out fun experience like Uncharted 2 and proceeded to point the camera at Chloe's ass for the remainder of the game.

Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Poopface Morty View Post
    I think the idea is you're severely injured during the transport to Deimos, but not killed. I completely fucking forget though, though I thought the game 'pulled out' just before death. Could be wrong.
    Well I'll be a blue-headed boner, looks like you're right:

ONCE YOU BEAT THE BIG BADASSES AND
    CLEAN OUT THE MOON BASE YOU'RE SUPPOSED
    TO WIN, AREN'T YOU? AREN'T YOU? WHERE'S
    YOUR FAT REWARD AND TICKET HOME? WHAT
    THE HELL IS THIS? IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO
    END THIS WAY!

IT STINKS LIKE ROTTEN MEAT, BUT LOOKS
    LIKE THE LOST DEIMOS BASE. LOOKS LIKE
    YOU'RE STUCK ON THE SHORES OF HELL.
    THE ONLY WAY OUT IS THROUGH.

TO CONTINUE THE DOOM EXPERIENCE, PLAY
    THE SHORES OF HELL AND ITS AMAZING
    SEQUEL, INFERNO!
    For nearly 20 years I've been misremembering this. Thank the gods for the internet!

Trolls Softly
    SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER!!!!!!

Dragon Age series (there are really a crap ton, thanks to 2, regardless of whether or not I love the game)

Leliana appears in DA2 and will presumably play a large role in DA3 (I liked her, so kewl), BUT you have the ability to kill her in the first game. She shows up regardless.

Same deal with Anders. The game save for leaving him at the Keep in the end has a flag for him being deceased. But he's somehow still alive.

I have a few more, but I need to collect my thoughts.

How'd that work for spoiler prevention?

Quote Originally Posted by M47R1X View Post
    How'd that work for spoiler prevention?
    I dig the strikethrough! Great idea!

That's not a knife...
    I don't. It's fucking annoying to read.

Trolls Softly
    That's the point, Sally. You have to try and read it. Or copy/paste it into a text file.