Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

I guess I'm the only one saving my keys for level 50. I have 4 of them stored up.

Honkey Kong
    Don't know about too many Commandos. I don't play with randoms though so that might be why. I play Commando because split-screening co-op makes sniping not fun. Zero my single-player bitch though. Got the no-scope rewards up to level 3 or 4 or some shit.

Bringer of Truth
    I did Commando for solo just because, and I'm doing Siren for my co-op.

I was going to save my keys for level 50 but fuck it. It's a placebo thing anyways and I figure a little help early on is good. It's either get a gun to last a few levels early where you have nothing, or get a gun to last a few levels later where you have all the bosses you can farm.

Hell I'm still on playthrough 1 (holy shit there's still so much to do...just dinged level 31 and I have 6 missions on my log, and each of those areas has a few that I haven't activated yet). I spent about 30 minutes farming a certain boss (Skag, Lynchwood minor side-boss spoiler)
    Spoiler!
    and I got a full set of new gear that was all way better than everything I had.

The boss itself is a pain in the ass, but you take an elevator down to where you fight it. If you stand on that platform behind a small wall it can never hit you...figured that out on accident and decided to farm it a bit.

I'm at 33 hours and I still have 5 active side-missions (1 story right now) and at least 5 other side-missions I've seen in the various areas, Level 31 all solo, done every side mission so far except the arenas.

Just got a second E-Tech rocket launcher in two nights, and it has over 40,000 damage. True Vault Hunter Mode is awesome.

[Level 5: Mech]
    How do you unlock True Vault Hunter mode? Is it like a New Game+ sorta thing?

I was going to rock a Survival Commando at first, but for now I'm focused on the Guerilla tree. Damn, that turret gets violent. I'mma play with the other characters later to see what happens, I'm at 35 or sumthin, nearing 30 hours of play. In 4 days. This shit is crack.

It's the NG+.

Just "beat" the game.

The amount of poop I poop on enemies is just ridiculous, and I'm a healing focused Siren.

Oh, nice.

Also, how did you get 4 keys, Rev? Codes?

[Level 2: Human]
    How do you get keys? I want to try this game out

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Pitchford tweeted a Shift code yesterday that gave you one. I was worried that I wouldn't get home in time for it to still be valid, but I guess I got lucky. As soon I closed the door when I got home, I booted up the game and put it in and it worked. It was easily 3 hours after he made the tweet.

I went back to that Minecraft cavern and got another head last night. Gonna do that each time I play until I get them all. One thing I don't like is playing as a character and getting heads for others. I've gotten Minecraft heads for Maya and Salvador even though I was playing as Axton. I'm not fussed about the class options being randomly spread like they are, but I think cosmetic customization stuff should get dropped for who you're playing as.

Honkey Kong
    I like it because then it's unlocked for that character whenever you play as them.

But I want all mah Axton heads.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearPsycho View Post
    Oh, nice.

Also, how did you get 4 keys, Rev? Codes?
    Pitchford has been doing this (giving out keys) all weekend, he either did that or he got lucky. Some people just randomly got multiple keys from signing up for Shift. At the same time, some didn't get one at all.

Might finish this / play more today, depends on when I wake up. My Axton has a mohawk now.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    I got my bonus Shift code key almost a week after I signed up. Just booted up BL2 a couple days ago, and as soon as I got into Pandora, a message box popped up, so now I have two. I should have entered in one of the Pitchford codes for a third. Oh well.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I'm disappointed I haven't yet found a Bandit weapon that uses a an empty beer bottle as a scope yet.

In fact I'm disappointed Bandit weapons don't look near as ram-shackled as they kept saying they were going to look. I was expecting something like Bioshock's weapons where you could clearly tell it was put together with rubbish. Save for the occasional bit of tape, Bandit guns look just as professionally made as Dahl's guns.

I wonder how hard it would be for Gearbox to implement another manufacturer in future DLC?

I'm sure they've made room for it to be possible. They added pearlescent weapons in the first, and I imagine having the ability to add characters is more complicated.

Honkey Kong
    Just got Grunchkin her own copy of the game. No more split-screen.

I obviously like running around in multiplayer, but I also am really enjoying the single player. I'm more cautious because there's nobody there to revive me, but it also allows for more exploration. I've gone back to Caustic Caverns and the Fridge and just been looking for paths and filling out the maps. That exploration angle always pulls me in.

Man, how is it that fire is supposed to be good against flesh, which is what we're made of, and yet whenever I go down, it's because of acid corrosion, not fire? I've survived fire like, 80% of the time I've been lit and yet 99% of the time I get splashed by acid, all I can do is watch my health drop to zero.

Also, ZombiePlatypus and I should totally get into the medical delivery service after that Zed quest. That thing looks impossible with just one person. Can't wait to find more Commando mods. Currently using a combo with Resourceful that gives me 37.5% reduced cooldown with only one point in Resourceful.