Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1686

Thread: Borderlands 2

[Level 5: Mech]
    Borderlands 1 is more or less a proof-of-concept game.

This is a game built on the success of that concept and improved. I really don't see how you can look at this game and say it's worse, in any way, than the first one. It controls better, the gunplay is highly improved, the character skills and the skill trees actually prove to be something of consequence now. The enemies are more varied in not only their design but how they behave. Seriously, leveling up a Goliath is a game in it's own. And this is all praise coming from someone who got shafted by a glitch that reset all his Badass rank and collectible skins/heads...and he had every single one of them.

Borderlands 1 devolved fast into a Crawmerax farm festival after all the DLC was released and really the only respite from the constant desert wasteland theme was Zombie Island.

Also saying this was PSO kinda made me lol.

2. 01-10-2013, 10:14 AM

Honkey Kong
    I see where you're coming from as you enjoyed the first game in that fashion. To someone like me none of it really matters because the gameplay was my only reason to be in this game. I couldn't tell you the story my first playthrough because it was always in party chat with at least 2 other people so all dialogue was missed outside of bits and pieces.

Everyone hated the internet memes as far as I've heard. I don't know of anyone who thought those were a good idea. I giggled at Tina and some of the other dumb shit but I actually liked Jack and considered him the "good guy" of the story. But that's only after forcing myself to care about the story long enough to think about it. Otherwise my 70+ hours was just having fun shooting shit with friends. I know that mentality sucks for those like you who cared about the characters and narrative, but it's the nature of the beast for this style of game IMO.

As I get older I care less and less about videogame stories because most are just ass. I care about gameplay the most. The only time I find noticing the story is if they are really well done(The Darkness 1&2) or if they are just so bad it grates on me.

I can kind of see what you mean, but as was the case in the first one, and probably even moreso in it, all the dialogue and quest related mumbo jumbo is just a means to an end. I didn't really even notice half these "meme" throws you have there. I mean, it's Borderlands and most of this I expected to be thrown in there ever since it the 2nd one was announced. Can't say I can sympathize with expecting respectable narrative and character development in a game largely about blowing shit up and getting more shit to blow other shit up with.

5. 01-10-2013, 11:55 AM

Honkey Kong
    That's kind of comical as that's how I started off when I got back into the hobby back in 2005. Now I'm glad to be able to dumb down my expectations and just have fun with what a game does do right. I'm able to enjoy more games that way for sure.

Now I can say this because I have the added luxury that I know there will always be my Fallout 3 and NV I can go to if I need to scratch my "everything" itch. Without those available I might have a different perspective.

I definitely know what you mean. "Blowing shit up" is much more effective when shit actually blows up...into bits. Didn't they say they'd release a patch to ham up the gore in regions where they would be able to, or did that fall into limbo with all their other 'fixes'?

Honkey Kong
    I remember the talk of a patch, but I don't know anything more. Hell, I haven't even played the second DLC yet. I do hope it gets patched as I miss the exploding bits too. It's not gamebreaking for me but it sure as shit is more satisfying watching those watermelons explode in your sniper scope.

9. 01-10-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    I remember the talk of a patch, but I don't know anything more. Hell, I haven't even played the second DLC yet. I do hope it gets patched as I miss the exploding bits too. It's not gamebreaking for me but it sure as shit is more satisfying watching those watermelons explode in your sniper scope.
    I haven't touched it either. To a point I feel bad about it because I got the season pass, but at the same time the DLCs are still very singular experiences and there's no real support for the base game. IE: New vehicles only in new areas etc and I effing hated how they did the new bosses and their drops. At least throw us a bone and give some new boss drops for all the new bosses and not just have some crappy MMO style token farming that takes for-fucking-ever to even get a look at the weapons thanks to the cooldown. They took a "let's get some play time" out of this and totally turned it into "yeah, you won't wanna fight these guys more than the one time".

Honkey Kong
    I'm waiting till a drought or they up the level cap before going back.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    This last DLC was pretty disappointing. It took 3 hours to finish and I still have one more side quest to complete, which is a god awful one. I really have kind of gotten disinterested in the game. The pirates booty took a while to beat, but otherwise these last two have been disappointing. Although, I do find the jokes to be quite humorous.

Huh, I completely forgot the third DLC was hitting this week. I still haven't touched the second piece of content.
    GLAD I BOUGHT THE SEASON PASS!

I'm totally ruining the industry. #DGAF

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Think I got suckered into the Season Pass, having so much fun with everything they did for the original (apart from Underdome), I thought the season pass was a no-brainer.

Sadly it's rinse and repeat crap, a few chuckles but nothing has been as good as the main-game or the stuff done for DLC in the first game. The achievements are uninspired do X, go to X and complete the main mission every time. Oh but to make this a challenge, of sorts, one of them is going to be to defeat an invincible, one of those was sadly Master Gee, the grandest fuck up I've seen for some time.

It's like...I really do love Borderlands 2 but there's just that little something that didn't quite make the translation from the main game to the downloadable content.

I still think the DLC areas should have been more organic where you get introduced to them from Sanctuary and have to actually go to them from the actual core game areas so they feel like more than "WARP HERE FOR NEW CONTENT". The separation of vehicles and events is kind of stupid, though I can appreciate the possible technical difficulties that kind of inclusion would have so who knows.

I thought all the DLCs were fun in their own right, but none of them have been as striking as Zombie Island, or as jam-packed and relevant as General Knoxx. Hell, General Knoxx is the reason we have a Borderlands 2 at all.

I know they outsourced these three episodes to other companies, and it shows. I've had my fun, but now I'm hoping Gearbox takes the helm for DLC 4 and once again steps up with a worthy epilogue to the main game.

I heard from a buddy (though it was no official link to anything from him) that Gbox is supposedly going to release more DLCs/another season pass once all these are done.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by Konnery View Post
    I heard from a buddy (though it was no official link to anything from him) that Gbox is supposedly going to release more DLCs/another season pass once all these are done.
    They won't be seeing my money if that is the case. This DLC has been short and kind of worthless. Some of it is funny enough, but none of it adds any replay value or truly memorable experiences. I don't usually call out developers on things like this, but the last DLC was just plain ass.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Huh, I completely forgot the third DLC was hitting this week. I still haven't touched the second piece of content.
    GLAD I BOUGHT THE SEASON PASS!

I'm totally ruining the industry. #DGAF
    Fail. You still haven't helped me beat Gears 3 on Insane.

I'm sure the next DLC will come out some late spring, as they were supposed to go until June. It will probably be a leveling up DLC. Maybe the achievements will be more creative than just "complete map, complete all side quests, complete story." Snooze.

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by falsenipple View Post
    They won't be seeing my money if that is the case. This DLC has been short and kind of worthless. Some of it is funny enough, but none of it adds any replay value or truly memorable experiences. I don't usually call out developers on things like this, but the last DLC was just plain ass.
    My thoughts exactly. Bought the season pass based upon the main game. Didn't known they were lazy fucks who farmed it out. If they think I'm going to pay for what obviously should have been the way dlc was handed the first time they're insane(if what Konnery says ends up being legit).

Wolf Master
    I enjoyed Scarlett and Torgue enough. Haven't gotten to do much with Hammerlock yet. Neither of the two I've played are as good as Knoxx was in BL1 though, I agree.

Yeah they way they "marketed" the DLC was that the second they were done with the main game they were working on the extra content in-studio. I know they have to have enough people to work on this DLC and their other titles so what exactly are the Borderlands guys doing that they have to out-source it?

Quote Originally Posted by ProlificDream View Post
    Fail. You still haven't helped me beat Gears 3 on Insane.
    You and the MVP know how mics work yet?