Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1686

Thread: Borderlands 2

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I've used and had my main as a Siren in both games but I want to go for something different.

Still not getting a feel for Commando or Gunzerker and I'm not keen on Assassin, which leaves me with the Mechromancer.

May try and max out Gaige before the next DLC. Deathtrap is incredibly handy in the short time I've used him on Jen's save.

Wolf Master
    Got my Assassin up to 31 today, re-spec'd him down the Bloodshed tree, got the last Achievement I needed, then re-spec'd him back to Sniper. Now that he's my second-highest level character, I don't know if I want to use him for a Playthrough 2.5 run, or restart as the Mechromancer now that I don't have to worry about Achievements.

Beast Master
    The mechro is a ton of fun, Dex. I think I like her more than my commando, and I love my commando.

Wolf Master
    I've played Gaige up to level 8 or so, but the whole time I was thinking, "I should really be playing my Gunzerker or Assassin to get their character Achievements right now." Now that my Assassin is nearly done with his normal mode run, it may be weird to go back to my Mechromancer, all the way back on the Southern Shelf.

[Level 5: Mech]
    So, starting this Saturday I'm starting a dogsitting job at a friend's house that actually has high-speed. I'll be there for a week, so let me know if you want to meet up and shoot some fools down. Because I sure as hell do.

PSN ID: Dooshkin1

Bringer of Truth
    I'll try to find the screencap or twitter post later, but Randy said a level cap increase will be coming in "Q1 2013"

Wolf Master
    I think it would be funny if they only increased it to 56, so even with the increase, you couldn't get to the last skill on two separate trees.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Fifty six? FIFTY SIX? D'aww, now that's all I can think about!
    225px-Roberto.jpg

Wolf Master
    I finally got some more time in with the Mechromancer, and it's strange in that I feel like I want my build for her to be pretty evenly spread over all three trees. Usually I go down one tree until I can get the last skill on it, but so many of her Tier 1 and 2 skills are useful that I'm not sure I'll even make it to the end of any one. If I can get it so Deathtrap just has a ton of awesome skills, then I'll be set.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    I think it would be funny if they only increased it to 56, so even with the increase, you couldn't get to the last skill on two separate trees.
    Actually I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happened. Increase it to 56, eventually make it 60 with another DLC.

Wolf Master
    In Borderlands 1, they increased it from 50 up to 61 with General Knoxx, and then from 61 up to 69 with Claptrap. And in the first game, you could get to the bottom of two trees just before the level cap increase anyway. On the other hand, the last skills on the BL1 skill trees weren't as significant as the last skills on the BL2 skill trees. Still, I expect it to be on par with the increase that we saw from Knoxx. Somewhere in the 57-61 range. Increasing it to 56 would just be mean. I've been wanting double-double turrets for my Commando for SO LONG.

If you get double up + gemini, you can just throw that shit in a room and wait.

Wolf Master
    That's the plan. One of the other guys I play with wants the Nuke + Gemini so he can throw two nukes. I still think Gemini + Double Up would be a better combo.

Wolf Master
    So I've gotten my Gunzerker to 31 now, entirely down the Rampage skill tree, and it finally feels good. With Last Longer, Yippee Ki Yay, and related skills, I can actually gunzerk now, and be ready to start gunzerking again immediately after I finish, if I kill enough things. With the last skill on the tree, however, I'm running out of ammo much more quickly again, like I did near the beginning of the game. Only now, I've got a Hoarder class mod and bigger storage decks, but I'm still blowing through ammo like crazy.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    So I've gotten my Gunzerker to 31 now, entirely down the Rampage skill tree, and it finally feels good. With Last Longer, Yippee Ki Yay, and related skills, I can actually gunzerk now, and be ready to start gunzerking again immediately after I finish, if I kill enough things. With the last skill on the tree, however, I'm running out of ammo much more quickly again, like I did near the beginning of the game. Only now, I've got a Hoarder class mod and bigger storage decks, but I'm still blowing through ammo like crazy.
    Make sure you are spec'd into Inconceivable and 5 Shots or 6, and that'll fix all of your ammo issues. Avoid the skill, Filled to the Brim, unless you are throwing Tediore weapons, but expect to be even more out of ammo if you're doing that. A decent Hyperion or Torgue shotgun is a great weapon for the Gunserker because the rate at which you regenerate ammo will never out be outpaced by the gun's ammo consumption. You're also not all that accurate with the Gunserker at any range further than 5 to 10 yards, so there's no point in my opinion in fooling around with weapons that are meant for longer ranges.

The biggest thing about Gunserking is that you have to be very aggressive in order to maintain it, which means you really have to chain the shit out of your kills and move fluidly from one group of enemies to the next. You can't afford downtime. I like to toss Transfusion and Homing grenade ahead of me while moving in between crowds. You get to toss two anyway if you're that far down the Rampage tree, and even with Salvador's constant regeneration while Gunserkering he still ends up soaking up more bullets than is safe a little more often than one would like.

I like the Berserker mod much more than the Hoarder mod, but that's with the caveat that I have to be fulled invested into Inconceivable and 5 Shots or 6. The Berserker mod will give you skill points in both Yippee-Kay-Yay and Last Longer along with reducing the overall cooldown length of your Gunserking skill, which overall should provide more benefit in that you are your best only while Gunserking and that will also give you fair amount of ammo regeneration while it is up.

Wolf Master
    I've got 5 Shots or 6 maxed out, and I am working on Inconceivable right now, actually.

And yeah, now that I think about it, there's not much point in a Hoarder Class Mod any more, now that I can Gunzerk continuously. I've been holding onto a Berzerker Class Mod; I may switch to it.

17. 01-09-2013, 12:13 PM

Good lord, you're worse than Rev.

Pwnd
    Don't be mad cause he's right.

Sure.

Wolf Master
    I think it's absurd to think that BL2 is worse than BL1. Losing the gore was stupid, but making that into a big deal is also stupid. To say that Anthony did "nothing but regurgitate Internet memes" is a HUGE exaggeration. There is some of that. But to deny the existence of of an actual narrative with plot points and character motivation because of a handful of references seems silly.

The "love child of Borderlands 1 and Phantasy Star Online" comment I don't get, because I never played Phantasy Star Online, but I can't see anything bad about variety in the environments as seen in BL2 and especially when compared to the all-desert-all-the-time of BL1.

I loved Borderlands 1, but for me, Borderlands 2 is hugely improved in just about every way.