Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1686

Thread: Borderlands 2

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    No, it's a small rock to the left, you can just walk there. It's SWEET. He just can't hit you. If you're talking about the place I think you are, that's not safe at all. He can just throw spikes at you from there. My spot is ALMOST PERFECT.
    Oh, nice. I'm taking a break from BL2 to platinum Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and finish its DLC, but when I'm done with that, I'll give it a whirl. You'd think that GB would have checked for places like that. There was a spot like that you could exploit in the fight against Crawmerax in the first BL where he wouldn't attack you.

You CAN die in this spot. If you see beam tentacles, you better run and kill them THEN come back, and rock throwers can be troublesome. Other than that, it's perfect.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    You mean when he shoots that slag beam out of his tail? Because he'll immediately stop if you just shoot at it.

What you really have to watch out for is when he start slamming his tail down. Not only will it kill your shield and take a bunch of health with it, it also launches you into the air, and it doesn't have to be a direct hit to work.

No, we're talking about Terramorphous, not the Warrior. And yeah, I give the Warrior a generous amount of space in any given situation. It's amazing how easy he is to kill compared to a raid boss.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Whoop, my bad. Didn't know. Haven't really gotten into Captain Scarlett yet. Waiting until I hit lvl 50 on my second playthrough.

It's pretty fun. Not wild about the characters in it, but the environments, enemies and loot are spot-on. Not to mention the new vehicle. You'll get the best versions of all the unique items by waiting until lvl 50, too.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Farmed some more and no decent drops at the moment.

Scorch isn't giving up the Hellfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Strid View Post
    Farmed some more and no decent drops at the moment.

Scorch isn't giving up the Hellfire.
    That's a bitch. And I had to get it twice because the first he dropped was level 48.

Oh dear, I didn't realise level 50 scaled could still drop lower level items. I had a hellfire on my first run, but it's whatever level I was at the time.

No luck since.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Strid View Post
    Oh dear, I didn't realise level 50 scaled could still drop lower level items. I had a hellfire on my first run, but it's whatever level I was at the time.

No luck since.
    Same here. I've got a level 8 Hellfire that I keep in my Claptrap stash so my new characters have a Legendary weapon right when they get to Sanctuary.

But I got the Pyrophobia in two tries. And. It's. Amazing. My favorite laucher by far.

Wolf Master
    So one of my old friends who isn't a huge gamer started playing this. He got Boom Bewm to drop the Bonus Package on his first try, and he also got a Pyrophobia. He's barely level 17 and he's already found two Legendary weapons. I can take solace knowing that they'll be useless to his main soon enough.

On my first playthrough, I don't think I got a single legendary. On the second (pt 1 with another character), I got LOADS of them. Bonus Package, Striker, Storm Front, you name it.

Finally got a decent Hellfire, Conference Call and Bee.

I've retired the latter two because they make things far too easy apart from the DLC invincibles.

Still having fun and now working on my Gunzerker. Love the Breaking Bald head.

I know you guys like to make fun of the the gunzerker, but does anyone have a good build for him that they can offer? And also, I'm in dire need of new gear, and I'm talking EVERYTHING. I'm not at my house at the moment (at work) but I think I am level 29, does anyone know where I should go to get some good gear for my level?

I like the gunzerker. His mechanics are simple but fun. Haven't played much as him though. Try the Borderlands wiki, they have some cool shit.

Wolf Master
    I'm playing through my third solo-ish campaign as a Gunzerker now, and my take is that he starts out pretty mediocre, but can get good once you have a good chunk of skill points. Contrast that to the Commando, whose turret starts out good and gets awesome.

Right now I'm going mostly down the Rampage tree. When I started playing, I ran out of ammo constantly, but once I finally found a class mod that allowed ammo regeneration, it stopped being an issue. Putting points into 5 Shots or 6 and the like do wonders for it too. I mostly run around with Bandit and Vladof weapons, since they typically have the biggest magazine sizes. When I gunzerk, I use a Vladof spinigun in one hand and a Vladof pistol in the other. Would be great to get an Infinity (or two).

I'm mostly going down Rampage because without it, gunzerking is pretty awful, but the Gun Lust tree looks interesting, as it would really change the way you play if you wanted to maximize it. It's not as profound a change as the Mechromancer's Ordered Chaos tree, but it would definitely get me playing outside of my usual "hang back and snipe" mode that I run with for Axton, Zer0, and Maya, and still be different from the "run in and never stop shooting" mode that I usually do with Salvador.

The Gunzerker's third tree seems pretty underwhelming as far as awesomeness, though it may be the most useful. It's just not very glamorous for your abilities to be "I have a lot of health."

Yeah Rampage is the way to go in my opinion. You can gunzerk constantly and while your gunzerking it lasts a long time. I'm trying to decide if spending points in other trees is even worth it. The skill that lets you gunzerk while on a last stand is tempting. But I don't know what to skip over on the Rampage tree to get it.

Wolf Master
    I got to the halfway point in the tree where you get a single-point skill. On the Rampage tree, it's one that improves your accuracy, and gives your shots a chance to decrease recoil/spread when they hit an enemy. Sounds cool, but in practice it's not as great as I had hoped. I feel like my crosshairs still spend most of their time in the widest position; the chance of improving accuracy is low enough that it's easily offset by the flurry of bullets that come out of a Spinigun. Perhaps I should switch to Hyperion weapons.

Just got to the point where you return to Sanctuary, so I was able to spend a ton of Eridium upgrading my backpack/assault rifle ammo capacity. I may have enough that it will become reasonable for me to go dual machine gun instead of machine gun/machine pistol.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    I got to the halfway point in the tree where you get a single-point skill. On the Rampage tree, it's one that improves your accuracy, and gives your shots a chance to decrease recoil/spread when they hit an enemy. Sounds cool, but in practice it's not as great as I had hoped. I feel like my crosshairs still spend most of their time in the widest position; the chance of improving accuracy is low enough that it's easily offset by the flurry of bullets that come out of a Spinigun. Perhaps I should switch to Hyperion weapons.
    Hyperion Weapon are fantastic on a Gunzerker. If you've got one already, or have the patience to farm one, the Bitch (an SMG that drops from the Bunker) is goddamn amazing.

Also the newest patch for the game is up now, so the Bee has been nerfed. I haven't taken a look at it yet to see if is going to alter the stats of items that have already been found, but it seems pretty heavy.

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/e...te-information

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG420 View Post
    Yeah Rampage is the way to go in my opinion. You can gunzerk constantly and while your gunzerking it lasts a long time. I'm trying to decide if spending points in other trees is even worth it. The skill that lets you gunzerk while on a last stand is tempting. But I don't know what to skip over on the Rampage tree to get it.

This is the build that I am using on my Gunzerker. I am using a Berserker mod, so I am getting bonus skill points to Last Longer, Yippee Ki Yay, and Lay Waste along with a Cooldown Rate reduction. After the patch I will probably switch my points in Money Shot to Divergent Likeness because I won't be using the Conference Call or Shotguns with this character because of the nerf to Amplify shield damage bonus and multiple pellet weapons.

If you want specific reasoning as to why I am using one skill over another feel free to ask.
    Last edited by falsenipple; 12-13-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: added another response also mark knopfler