Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1686

Thread: Borderlands 2

This has no bearing on anything at all really, but your talk of "off-hand" made me think of this: There should be a lefty option for FPS games. It'd be purely cosmetic, just showing the character's gun and hand on the opposite side of the screen while the aiming and gameplay remains the same. Well, in a game like Halo the assassination animations would need to be different as well, but yeah. I'm surprised that I hadn't heard anything like this before, considering the way lefties griped when Nintendo added waggle and turned Link into a righty.

I'm right handed with ambidextrous leanings so it really doesn't bother me on any level, it'd just be a neat idea and add to the immersion for those types.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Those types can go to hell!

In a hand basket!

I love hand baskets.

What are your favorite type(s) of hand baskets? I know I could never pick just one.

I like a nice traditional Easter design, with soft pastel colors.

Lefties are the devil's spawn. That kind of consideration would just encourage bad behavior.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yup. But it's hard.
    Just killed him, lol. And the class mod was for a Gunzerker. Is Lady Luck going through menopause, or something?

Edit: Oh, and thanks, falsenipple for the info. It would have been irritating (to say the least) to grind a Gunzerker to 50 only to find out my off-hand isn't getting the bonus.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Lefties are the devil's spawn. That kind of consideration would just encourage bad behavior.
    The Wii U encourages those types. Nintendo is the Devil's Spawn.

I literally spat at my TV when the prompt came up. To even suggest a thing is grounds for murder in 37 states.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by falsenipple View Post
    If you can do the race, then do the race. I like the Bar Tier 3, but my Deathtrap pretty much clears that place on its own. The race is definitely the fastest and has the least risk if you're a competent driver. I could also see it being the most boring.

You don't want to use two Conference Calls with a Gunzerker for two reasons.

1. Your off-hand does not receive a bonus from the Bee or any other Amp shield for that matter.

2. The recoil from dual-wielding two of those things is much more difficult to manage than using a Slag SMG or Assault Rifle in your off-hand.
    Yeah, the boredom was my main concern with the race. I was thinking perhaps I could do it in multiplayer while other people are exploring and killing stuff, meanwhile I'm just driving around, talking to them, and earning everybody Torgue Tokens.

As far as the recoil with a double-Conference Call, since it's Hyperion wouldn't it actually be better?

Dooshkin: how many times did you have to kill Hunter Hellquist before he dropped a Bee? I have one, but it was dropped on the ground by a random duper I met on the Internet, and I'd feel better about using it if I got it legitimately. On the other hand, I don't really want to grind, because that's not very fun.

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post

I have one, but it was dropped on the ground by a random duper I met on the Internet, and I'd feel better about using it if I got it legitimately.
    WUT?

Assigning morality to an in-game(SINGLEPLAYER) item? Really? All you did was tell the developers to fuck off with the shitty drop rate because you actually have a life outside of video games.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Yeah, the boredom was my main concern with the race. I was thinking perhaps I could do it in multiplayer while other people are exploring and killing stuff, meanwhile I'm just driving around, talking to them, and earning everybody Torgue Tokens.

As far as the recoil with a double-Conference Call, since it's Hyperion wouldn't it actually be better?
    The accuracy is increased as you fire, but the initial kick while that accuracy spools up can jar your aim on either side. So you still have to compensate accordingly for both guns. Along with the increased rate of fire you gain further down the Rampage tree it becomes kind of unbearable. I tried dual wielding two of them for a bit, and it just wasn't as manageable as I would have liked to be. Gunzerker was my first class. I played the shit out of that guy.

If don't believe me, try it. Hell, I hope you can do it. That'd be impressive.
    Last edited by falsenipple; 11-28-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    WUT?

Assigning morality to an in-game(SINGLEPLAYER) item? Really? All you did was tell the developers to fuck off with the shitty drop rate because you actually have a life outside of video games.
    I know, it's irrational. But the Bee and Conference Call that I got from a random duper online isn't special. It doesn't feel like my Bee or my Conference Call.

Also, the Conference Call that I was given is shock elemental, and I'd much prefer corrosive or fire.

Honkey Kong
    I got a corrosive CC drop from Terramorphus while leveling up some folks.

Dooshkin: how many times did you have to kill Hunter Hellquist before he dropped a Bee? I have one, but it was dropped on the ground by a random duper I met on the Internet, and I'd feel better about using it if I got it legitimately. On the other hand, I don't really want to grind, because that's not very fun.
    I'm kinda the same way. It's less about "assigning morality" than the feeling I've earned it. I could load up on all the orange weapons from dupers online- which is where I got my Slag Conference Call from- but I just enjoy using the legendaries more when I know how I earned them (my Thunderball Fists came from the chests at the end of Pirate's Booty, my Rolling Thunder grenades were a gift from the vending machine gods, and my Flame of the Firehawk came directly from the lady herself). I do think the drop rates are pretty abysmal, but I remember that the first game stopped being fun for me at the exact moment that I couldn't reasonably upgrade my weapons anymore.

I did feel a bit deflated after getting all the heads from some random dude.

I had killed him somewhere around 15 times in the past and gave up on it, then yesterday I decided to try again and got it on my second try.

And yeah, I hate the idea of getting the best guns without earning them. My favorite part of the game is killing and looting in the hopes of getting a gun that deserves to replace one of my four slots. I get attached to my weapons.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Buncha whiners. Just give me your duped weapons if you're gonna get all angsty over them. Sick of farming for shit. In all the time I've had this game I've only run across two legendary weapons and both of them sucked.

Anyway, Gaige's Anarchy skill makes it almost game-breakingly easy to take on baddies 5+ levels above you. If only her robot was as useful as Axtons turret she'd be my favorite character but that dumbass thing is practically useless in a fight. I'm getting fucked by a Badass Constructor and it's halfway across the map playing patty cake with a midget psycho.

16. 11-29-2012, 07:48 AM

Wolf Master
    I've found four Legendary pieces of equipment in my time with the game, not counting the Flame of the Firehawk or the duped stuff. Problem is, a couple of those I found along the way, so they're like, in the teens and thirties, and they're useless for my level 50 Commando. So they just live in my Secret Stash for when my alternate characters get to be high enough in level. I did happen to come across a level 50 Shredifier in the loot chest that grants the Achievement in Fyrestone, but it's shock elemental, so I hardly ever use it.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I've found four Legendary pieces of equipment in my time with the game, not counting the Flame of the Firehawk or the duped stuff. Problem is, a couple of those I found along the way, so they're like, in the teens and thirties, and they're useless for my level 50 Commando. So they just live in my Secret Stash for when my alternate characters get to be high enough in level. I did happen to come across a level 50 Shredifier in the loot chest that grants the Achievement in Fyrestone, but it's shock elemental, so I hardly ever use it.
    I want that Shreddifier and I will trade you all sorts of nice things that are not duped, legitimately found, whole-grain, gluten-free, vegan, no soy, all-chocolate, American Made, Kosher, Halal, double stuffed, gold for that thing. My Gaige is shock and assault rilfe centered, and I have been looking for one of those things for weeks. I really, really hope you are playing on the XBOX. I WILL HNNNG ON MY OWN FACE BUTT.

GT: OMGhotdogs

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Wolf Master
    Sure.

The first time you kill the Warrior in a playthough, he's garanteed to drop a legendary.

Wolf Master
    Is he? I don't remember picking up a Legendary either time I've killed the Warrior.