Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1686

Thread: Borderlands 2

Wolf Master
    Dang. I'd really like a Corrosive Teapot scaled to level 50.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    Dang. I'd really like a Corrosive Teapot scaled to level 50.
    Ditto. I made this mistake and now my Shotgun 1340 is only a level 37.

My dear little bloodthirsty loader core. One day, we shall be re-united.

Wolf Master
    Well, I do still need to play until at least level 31 with Zer0 and Salvador in order to get their Achievements, so I could potentially go through again and grab some good stuff. However, it may even be better to wait for DLC 3 and 4 so the level caps gets (presumably) raised, so we can have level 60+ unique weapons.

I finished the main story of Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage last night. I still need to do Tiers 2 and 3 of some of the battles, then of course, I need to kill Pete the Invincible. All that said, I think Captain Scarlett's Pirate Booty was the better of the two currently released DLCs. Both good, but if I had to recommend only one, it'd be Captain Scarlett.

Well, I do still need to play until at least level 31 with Zer0 and Salvador in order to get their Achievements, so I could potentially go through again and grab some good stuff. However, it may even be better to wait for DLC 3 and 4 so the level caps gets (presumably) raised, so we can have level 60+ unique weapons.

I finished the main story of Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage last night. I still need to do Tiers 2 and 3 of some of the battles, then of course, I need to kill Pete the Invincible. All that said, I think Captain Scarlett's Pirate Booty was the better of the two currently released DLCs. Both good, but if I had to recommend only one, it'd be Captain Scarlett.
    I can't help but feel the opposite. Pirate's Booty has the better battles, but somehow I just didn't really enjoy Scarlett as a character, and the humor was really dark, even by Borderlands standards. I had way more fun with the banter between Torgue, Moxxi and Tina.

Quote Originally Posted by JT Murphy View Post
    I can't help but feel the opposite. Pirate's Booty has the better battles, but somehow I just didn't really enjoy Scarlett as a character, and the humor was really dark, even by Borderlands standards. I had way more fun with the banter between Torgue, Moxxi and Tina.
    Same here. Mr. Torgue's WWF-style machismo made me laugh more than Jack does in the main campaign, and that's saying something. I like the tokens, too. I wasn't able to get any seraph crystals in Pirate's Booty since I have to play offline, and there's no way I'm solo'ing Hyperius, but I can collect tokens and buy some really nice stuff, even if it is all Torgue-brand.

I'm confused about where the vault is in CoC, though. Just finished killing the end boss and thought "I'm about to have loot rain down on my head". Then nothing happened. I went back to turn the mission in, thinking "Maybe I'll be told where the loot is now", but, no. Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dooshkin View Post
    Same here. Mr. Torgue's WWF-style machismo made me laugh more than Jack does in the main campaign, and that's saying something. I like the tokens, too. I wasn't able to get any seraph crystals in Pirate's Booty since I have to play offline, and there's no way I'm solo'ing Hyperius, but I can collect tokens and buy some really nice stuff, even if it is all Torgue-brand.

I'm confused about where the vault is in CoC, though. Just finished killing the end boss and thought "I'm about to have loot rain down on my head". Then nothing happened. I went back to turn the mission in, thinking "Maybe I'll be told where the loot is now", but, no. Am I missing something here?
    There should have been a visually-stunning, narratively-confusing explosion of loot from the center of the arena after you deliver the final blow to the end boss. Maybe your mission got glitched?

I guess so, because I saw I big pillar of light shoot out of the ground and heard the word "lootsplosion" but nothing happened. Kinda pissed.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    When you start TVHM, don't even ACCEPT a side-mission. If you do, it'll stay where it's at. When you start PT 2.5, anything you accept will scale to your level.

I did this for my Commando (saved all side-quests except those that just gave XP). Without doing any of those and doing almost no farming (I re-fought Bunker and The Warrior a handful of times) I reached Level 50 way before fighting The Warrior again.
    Great advice I wish I took before starting TVHM. I need Moxxi's Heart Breaker at level 50 and I'd forgot doing side quests in PT2 meant they couldn't be done again in 2.5.

I've just started a new character and won't make the same mistake again. Is it possible to get good enough XP to get to 50 on normal or better to go straight for TVHM story only quests and bosses?

Honkey Kong
    I'd just have some friends level you up in their game.

Wolf Master
    Scarlett had more interesting missions and battles, I thought. It seemed kind of lazy that half of Torgue's missions are just more difficult versions of the same earlier missions. On the other hand, I've gotten good enough at the racing one that I can basically farm it for Torgue Tokens, and maybe even purchase one of those 600+ Torgue Token orange weapons (though admittedly, none of them look like they're that much better than the stuff I already have).

Wolf Master
    Oh, and the environments! Oasis and its surrounding areas are much more interesting to explore (well, except for Wurmwood) than the Badass Crater of Badassitude and its surrounding areas.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I might try and level up to 50 in playthrough 1 before even starting TVHM.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    I'd just have some friends level you up in their game.
    This. Hell, I'll host this if you want.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    I might try and level up to 50 in playthrough 1 before even starting TVHM.
    I'm pretty sure this would take an extreme amount of time, because after you're a few levels above enemies, you start getting only a single XP per kill.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Scarlett had more interesting missions and battles, I thought. It seemed kind of lazy that half of Torgue's missions are just more difficult versions of the same earlier missions. On the other hand, I've gotten good enough at the racing one that I can basically farm it for Torgue Tokens, and maybe even purchase one of those 600+ Torgue Token orange weapons (though admittedly, none of them look like they're that much better than the stuff I already have).
    Try a Bonus Package. It's a MIRV that explodes into other MIRVs. It's goddamn amazing and really fun to watch. That and if you are playing with other people it will make their screen disappear in a cloud of explosions.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I'm pretty sure this would take an extreme amount of time, because after you're a few levels above enemies, you start getting only a single XP per kill.
    Scratch that plan then.

Wolf Master
    So what do y'all think is the best way to farm Torgue Tokens. After playing through the Campaign of Carnage once, I only have about 200 or so (though admittedly, I bought some of the heads and skins I was missing along the way). I can do the Tier 3 race pretty consistently, so that's 20 Torgue Tokens each time I'm successful, but the Tier 3 bar brawl gives that, plus the enemies drop 2-5 Torgue Tokens each time as well. The problem with that is that I'm not always successful, and it's a lot more expensive (buying ammo and dying).

FINALLY got Hellquist to drop "The Bee" shield. I don't know why, but I'm dead-set on solo-ing all the raid booses. Now I just need two lvl 50 CC's and a lvl 50 Gunzerker and I'll be in business. Do I have a shot at taking out Terramorphous with a Commando and no CC?

Edit: "booses", lol

Yup. But it's hard.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    So what do y'all think is the best way to farm Torgue Tokens. After playing through the Campaign of Carnage once, I only have about 200 or so (though admittedly, I bought some of the heads and skins I was missing along the way). I can do the Tier 3 race pretty consistently, so that's 20 Torgue Tokens each time I'm successful, but the Tier 3 bar brawl gives that, plus the enemies drop 2-5 Torgue Tokens each time as well. The problem with that is that I'm not always successful, and it's a lot more expensive (buying ammo and dying).
    If you can do the race, then do the race. I like the Bar Tier 3, but my Deathtrap pretty much clears that place on its own. The race is definitely the fastest and has the least risk if you're a competent driver. I could also see it being the most boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooshkin View Post
    FINALLY got Hellquist to drop "The Bee" shield. I don't know why, but I'm dead-set on solo-ing all the raid booses. Now I just need two lvl 50 CC's and a lvl 50 Gunzerker and I'll be in business. Do I have a shot at taking out Terramorphous with a Commando and no CC?

Edit: "booses", lol
    You don't want to use two Conference Calls with a Gunzerker for two reasons.

1. Your off-hand does not receive a bonus from the Bee or any other Amp shield for that matter.

2. The recoil from dual-wielding two of those things is much more difficult to manage than using a Slag SMG or Assault Rifle in your off-hand.