Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1686

Thread: Borderlands 2

Wolf Master
    Huh. I was under the impression that Knoxx was done by Gearbox as well. Perhaps I don't know the whole story.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Don't forget that they're currently in crunch time for Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    In Captain Scarlett, it's pretty obvious that Scarlett is eventually going to betray you and try to kill you, and Gearbox pokes a bit of fun at that obviousness by pointing it out in game with some slight fourth-wall-breaking stuff. Cool. It worked.

In Mr. Torgue, there's a character who has the same type of role, where he takes you under his wing but you're pretty sure he'll betray you later, and Mr. Torgue blatantly points out that it will happen.

It's one thing to do it once, to sort of lampoon a somewhat overused story mechanic. However, when you do it a second time, it stops looking like satire of the genre and starts to just look like you're out of ideas to build a story around. For what it's worth, I like the idea of betrayal as a main plot point, but it doesn't work as well when it's totally expected, and doing some fourth-wall-breaking to point out that that's what's happening doesn't automatically make it okay that it's happening.
    It's not twice, it's three times.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    I just bought this game. I hope some of you jokers are ready to MP it up!
    Sure. I need an excuse to jump back on it, and even though I own the season pass Mr. Torgue hasn't been enticing me to tear away from Halo.

Wolf Master
    Yeah, it's the third betrayal, but with that one you mention, they actually did semi-subtle foreshadowing, whereas with Scarlett and Piston, they do a blatant "Ha ha this character is going to betray you" line.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I'm wondering, if I get to level 50 without doing any sidequests, will the rewards for those quests be at my level when I finally do them? Or will they stay at the level they were when they first became available? Because I want a level 50 robot shotgun.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I think that the rewards stay at the level of the missions, not your character. I've been doing all the sidemissions as I go through the story, so I'm usually above the level of the missions, and I keep selling most, if not all, of the rewards I get.

On another note, I just got into Opportunity and I've noticed that when Jack is going through the names of the casualties for the week, the casualties are the names of some of the original Doctor Who actors (i.e. Baker, T. and Pertwee, J. and Houghton, P.). I seriously LOL'd.

The missions scale to level 48-50 after you reach the vault on TVHM.

Cool. Gonna wait until then to do most of the side missions, at least those that give unique rewards.

When you start True Vault Hunter Mode you're restarting the game, so the missions come back if you've already done 'em. No need to save any for later in the first playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    When you start True Vault Hunter Mode you're restarting the game, so the missions come back if you've already done 'em. No need to save any for later in the first playthrough.

Yeah, but if you DON'T do the side missions in TVHM, they'll scale later and you can get better rewards (some of them get really good).

Honkey Kong
    Isn't that called playthrough 2.5 or something? I've read about it but was never sure how to start it.

Yup, that's it. I'm sad because I killed the Hodunks and now I can't get a Maggie.

It starts as soon as you beat the Warrior for a second time.

Honkey Kong
    How do you start playthrough 2.5?

EDIT: NINJA'D

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    It starts as soon as you beat the Warrior for a second time.
    You just need to enter the Vault.

Wolf Master
    Huh. I did not know that. I guess I'll need to do that with my second character. I obsessively do side missions; I do all of the available side missions before doing any story mission.

Anyway, I played more of Mr. Torgue last night, and I have another complaint. What's with the lighting in the Forge? I couldn't see anything in some spots! If there's one thing that makes me want to rush through an area and not take in the scenery, it's making sure I have trouble actually being able to see the scenery! Not only that, but since it's so dark, it's really difficult to actually shoot people, because they just blend into the darkness. Not cool.

Weird how I when I first posted in this thread I said I hated Torgue, Jakobs, and Vladof weapons and now they're my go-to guns and all the other brands I used to favor are all vendor trash. They all just compliment the Mechromancers abilities so well. A 2-shot Jakobs shotgun + Anarchy = a bunch of dead fools.

Torgue is fucking great sometimes. Also Vladof. All those bullets.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    Cool. Gonna wait until then to do most of the side missions, at least those that give unique rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Isn't that called playthrough 2.5 or something? I've read about it but was never sure how to start it.
    When you start TVHM, don't even ACCEPT a side-mission. If you do, it'll stay where it's at. When you start PT 2.5, anything you accept will scale to your level.

I did this for my Commando (saved all side-quests except those that just gave XP). Without doing any of those and doing almost no farming (I re-fought Bunker and The Warrior a handful of times) I reached Level 50 way before fighting The Warrior again.

I didn't know about that and fucked up. Oh well.