Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1686

Thread: Borderlands 2

[Level 6: Robot]

Damn son.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    That's a pretty sweet tattoo.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Well done tattoo though I can't say I'd ever get a gaming tattoo myself.

I wouldn't get one that explicit, but if it was just the vault symbol I could say it was a stylized V (and it is) and it would be okay, since my name is Victor. Non-gamers wouldn't know any better.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Totally just got my Borderlands boner chopped off. i guess I didn't knock on wood hard enough when I said I didn't get my badass rank or customization options reset. Just got the DLC and updates downloaded...guess who now has absolutely nothing but what he had on.

It's not even that the badass ranks made that much of an impact, it's just that i literally can't earn any of it back until it's fixed or something. How has this been overlooked/not been fixed yet. I haven't kept up but i kind of assumed it was after they supposedly fixed that graveyard.sav shit.

Honkey Kong
    Nah dawg. They got our money already. They don't care about fixing things that are actually broken and affect gameplay, they only care about dumb shit like nerfing weapons/shields in a single player/co-op NON-COMPETITIVE game.

"PLAY THE GAME HOW WE WANT YOU TO OR FUCK OFF WE HAVE YOUR MONEY"
    - Every developer this generation.

[Level 6: Robot]

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Mr Torgue is voiced by the same guy that did Hercule in DBZ, and Handsome Jack is voiced by Cell's voice actor. Gonna be a reunion soon.

Wolf Master
    I didn't get to play any Mr. Torgue last night, because by the time it finished downloading, my board game group came over for Descent. Then after they left I played with a friend who doesn't have the DLC. We did manage to kill Terramorphous without the Bee/Conference Call though. It took us a few tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Mr Torgue is voiced by the same guy that did Hercule in DBZ, and Handsome Jack is voiced by Cell's voice actor. Gonna be a reunion soon.
    I think it's total bullshit that you call him Hercule in the US. His name is Mr Satan. It'd be great to see the look on old people's faces when I watched DBZ and there was a crowd chanting "Satan, Satan, Satan". The comedy was lost on me back then.
    Last edited by Victor; 11-21-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: GRAMMAR

Wolf Master
    There was a lot of censorship for the US version of Dragon Ball Z. They changed Hell to the Home For Infinite Losers (HFIL on the shirts that previously said HELL).

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I think it's total bullshit that you call him Hercule in the US.
    Mr Satan is much cooler, but I grew up with the dub, so it's a force of habit.

Just like DBZ makes me pronounce Z as the American 'zee' rather than British 'zed'.

Beast Master
    Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

You just reminded me to be excited about Django Unchained.

Beast Master
    I did my good deed for the day.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    There was a lot of censorship for the US version of Dragon Ball Z. They changed Hell to the Home For Infinite Losers (HFIL on the shirts that previously said HELL).
    Once I found out about this, I always thought the HFIL part was rather clever at least.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    Once I found out about this, I always thought the HFIL part was rather clever at least.
    It was a clever way to deal with completely unnecessary censorship, sure.

Anyway, back to Borderlands 2, I finally got in a decent amount of time (~1.5 hours) with Mr. Torgue. For the first time in playing this game, I have a minor complaint about the writing.

In Captain Scarlett, it's pretty obvious that Scarlett is eventually going to betray you and try to kill you, and Gearbox pokes a bit of fun at that obviousness by pointing it out in game with some slight fourth-wall-breaking stuff. Cool. It worked.

In Mr. Torgue, there's a character who has the same type of role, where he takes you under his wing but you're pretty sure he'll betray you later, and Mr. Torgue blatantly points out that it will happen.

It's one thing to do it once, to sort of lampoon a somewhat overused story mechanic. However, when you do it a second time, it stops looking like satire of the genre and starts to just look like you're out of ideas to build a story around. For what it's worth, I like the idea of betrayal as a main plot point, but it doesn't work as well when it's totally expected, and doing some fourth-wall-breaking to point out that that's what's happening doesn't automatically make it okay that it's happening.

Still, I'm pleased that Mr. Torgue isn't strictly arena combat like some of the previews would have you believe. There's still its fair share of exploring, and it's still largely story-based, so I can't complain about that. I'm slowly running out of people on my friend list to play with, however, because while a good chunk of people have the base game, few of the people who I actually play with have the DLC.

Yeah, that was sloppy. They could've maybe got away with it in a later DLC--maybe--but not with Scarlett still fresh in people's minds.

So far, the only redeeming feature in this DLC is Mr Torgue. The rest is just... bleh. Hardly any interesting drops, hardly any interesting quests, and the main questline is really quite short. And the last boss: goddamn. I haven't played any sidequests, so hopefully they're better.

Gearbox (is it even Gearbox developing these?) need to step their game up for DLC 3.

Wolf Master
    The only sidequests I've seen so far are more difficult versions of main story quests (like the bar room brawl).

It is Gearbox developing these. I definitely think Mr. Torgue himself is a highlight.

Right. I thought I read somewhere that the DLC was outsourced to the same devs that did Knoxx.