Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1686

Thread: Borderlands 2

[Level 6: Robot]
    Round two dlc, go!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13176-Borderlands-2-Mr--Torgue-s-Campaign-of-Carnage-DLC-Outed.html

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]

Probably sound files for the DLC.

I haven't even fully finished Pirate's Booty and this seems like it's just around the corner. Pretty glad for the season pass, though.

Wolf Master
    So it sounds like Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage is another arena combat focused DLC. I sure hope there's more to it than just that. Otherwise, it seems like they are following the Borderlands 1 DLC schedule to a tee so far. DLC 1 was story based with a lot of new places to explore. DLC 2 will be focused on arena wave combat. So now we can say for absolute certain that DLC 3 will be the best and it will increase the level cap, and then DLC 4 will be bogged down with MMO-style collect quests and everybody will have lost interest by that point. Confirmed.

Honkey Kong
    Go figure, Dtoid does a preview and fails to get the important info, like information on level caps.

Wolf Master
    Is there information on the level cap to be had?

EDIT: just check Kotaku's and Joystiq's previews on it, and they make no mention of the level cap either. It's one of those things where I'd expect if there were going to be a level cap increase, then Gearbox would make a big deal out of it and we'd know. And if there's not, then people aren't going out of their way to say that there's not, which is what's happening right now.

Honkey Kong
    Yep. Someone in the comments posted. Even if there wasn't, it should have been noted that the question was at least asked and no info was available at the time. It's only one of the biggest fucking mechanics in the entire game.

It's like those dumbshits who review MP games and blatantly leave out lag issues, gun handling, lobby systems,etc. You know, the details that are important to the actual gameplay.

So, what's the cap then?

Honkey Kong
    Still 50. "We're looking into upping the cap, but right now there are no specifics."

Really wish I hadn't went in on the Season Pass now. They're treating this game like it's the shittiest MMO in gaming with a weak level cap and stupid patches that only make it more difficult for item hunters.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Yep. Someone in the comments posted. Even if there wasn't, it should have been noted that the question was at least asked and no info was available at the time. It's only one of the biggest fucking mechanics in the entire game.

It's like those dumbshits who review MP games and blatantly leave out lag issues, gun handling, lobby systems,etc. You know, the details that are important to the actual gameplay.
    You should know by now that reviewers aren't given to talking about things that would matter to anyone who is going to play the game longer than they will let alone trying to figure out what those things even are. I mean, on average, the reviews for expansion and map packs for most games read as if the reviewer hasn't even played the game in the first place and they are surprised that the game exists. Also you are being an alpha nerd. Rub my taint.

IGN gave Harley Quinn's Revenge a 9. A NINE. IT WAS TOTAL CRAP. ABSOLUTE BULLCRAP. I don't trust reviews about DLC. I just wait for consumer reactions.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    So I had the strangest thing happen to me when I loaded up BL2 last night. I suddenly had 16 golden keys available (I had maybe 5 before last night) and 59 badass tokens. I had zero the night before. All my previous badass stats were still in place. There was just 59 new tokens, that I promptly spent.

Anyone ever have something like this happen before??
    So I figured out what happened. Apparently there was a bug where badass tokens weren't getting applied, so they fixed the bug, dispensed the missing tokens, and for anyone affected, they got 10 golden keys.

God bless Gearbox.

Honkey Kong
    I'm alpha at everything I do son. I sperg with the best.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Actually liking Torgue guns this time around.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I'm still kinda butthurt at how much the "end-game" of the Pirate DLC sucked.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    So, 71 hours later, I finally beat BL2. How could it seriously take me that long to beat?? Jesus.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Still 50. "We're looking into upping the cap, but right now there are no specifics."

Really wish I hadn't went in on the Season Pass now. They're treating this game like it's the shittiest MMO in gaming with a weak level cap and stupid patches that only make it more difficult for item hunters.
    I have to imagine that this is all part of the plan. They know from Borderlands 1 that one of the most requested things was an increased level cap. My guess is that they're saving it for after interest dies down a little in order to give it a jump start.

However, one thing that I feel like a lot of people don't put much emphasis on is that you have a lot less to think about with higher and higher levels, and all character builds trend toward homogeneity with more levels. I think there's a lot of interesting decisions to make in building your character with only 45 available skill points. It necessarily means that you'll only reach the end of one of your three trees, and you'll be missing out on the more powerful skills in at least one of the other two trees, if not both.

Don't get me wrong; I look forward to a level cap increase myself, because then my Commando will be even more badass than he is now. But in addition to being more badass, I also think that the character builds become less unique the more skill points are available.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    So, 71 hours later, I finally beat BL2. How could it seriously take me that long to beat?? Jesus.
    PD you disappoint me.

I'm fairly excited for the new DLC. It did not take the BF and I very long to beat the pirate DLC so hopefully this one has a bit more content. I'm fairly certain we'll have it beaten by black Friday as the two of us with days off leads to nothing but 12-16 hour gaming sessions.

[Level 6: Robot]
    PD, he's your fiance, get it right :-p

I've shelved bl2 while the missus and I play us some wow.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Ugh that is going to be so hard to remember. Art I'm making it your job to correct me every time I refer to him as boyfriend on this forum.

Get the misses borderlands 2 and have her play with you!

Wolf Master
    Saying "fiancée" was such a pain in the butt for the year or so that I did it. Much easier to say "wife" now.

Also, I'm totally leaving work in like two hours so I can go home and download Mr. Torgue's Wild [Mustache] Ride.