Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]

Borderlands 2

Now that Borderlands 2 is officially official with the official website being all official, what do you hope to see in the official sequel to what was an officially great game.

I personally hope that they keep the same art style (or something close, anyway) and the insane amount of guns.

edit: Oh, and the Claptrap commercials. I really hope they do those again.
    2nd edit: Here is the cover picture from Game Informer

Last edited by djnealb; 08-03-2011 at 07:49 AM.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    More variety in weaponry besides the same 3 guns over and over with slightly different effects.

It's not a lot to go on, but the website has a pic up with what looks to be a Brick dual wielding some weapons. I personally don't care about dual wielding, but I do hope they bring in more customization to character appearances other than just the colors of what they're already wearing.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    I would like some changes as well but, honestly, if they change nothing at all I would still buy it as I played the crap out of Borderlands.

[Level 5: Mech]
    It needs way more variety in weapons, or perhaps instead, finding upgrades that allow you to customize your weapons how you want. And perhaps a more thought-out story? Doesn't have to be amazing - just better than the first. This is a sequel I have mixed feelings on. I mean I loved Borderlands, but if they don't do something new to grab my attention then it may be a case of feeling like been here done that.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Less driving. That bored the hell out of me most of the time. Less of the "go and kill X amount of enemies/bring me back X amount of something" missions too. That gets old real fast.

Also, whilst it was neat that you rarely ever got the same gun twice, giving me a shotgun with a 3x zoom on it is just pointless and actually pretty cumbersome. Maybe even a way of modifying your own weapons.

The driving wasn't bad. It was the lack of stuff to do while driving that was the boring part. If they add more enemies to kill at less of a distance apart, I don't see a problem with driving. I honestly hope there are random spawn locations for enemies. Because that was one of the things I didn't like about the first one. If you played it enough, you knew where all the enemies were. Now that's not a bad thing for people loot hunting. But I honestly want to see a combination of set spawns and random spawns, just to mix things up.

This is the best thread I've woken up to see in a very long time.
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.

Honkey Kong
    Eh, I don't have many complaints about the first game other than it needs to have a much higher level cap. And the story needs to be a little longer, but other than that I had a blast with the first one.

[Level 4: Cyborg] PiercePierceBinks's Avatar
    Wow. I just bought borderlands goty, I really like it. Im looking forward to the second one.

Just took a closer look at that picture, and there appear to be planes in there! Granted, they could just be big-ass missiles coming off of the huge robot thing, but they do look an awful lot like planes to me. I remember some of the areas in Borderlands being large enough to make flying a viable option. I cannot wait for some actual details to come out on this game. Another thing I hope they fix is the load time between areas. Even after a new area loaded, all the details would still be really blurry for about 5-15 seconds. I really hope they fix that this time around.

They look like planes to me. The jet streams aren't coming from the robot.

Since this has become a bitch-about-Borderlands thread:

• Less shitty vehicles, I don't want to take 10 minutes just to get back to turn in a quest.

• Less shitty MMO-style fetch-quests. This isn't an MMO, we don't need the typical 'kill 10 x' 'collect 500 skulls' bullshit.

• Less shitty pop-in graphics. This is an Unreal 3 problem that most games nowadays have but not every Unreal engine game sucks as bad as Borderlands 1 with the pop-in.

What I want to see more of?

• More of the same sense of humor. I know that one guy who used to be on destructoid is working there as a 'writer' now(forgot his name) but I still want the same style of humor that the first game had. Don't change that.

• More classes(already confirmed) 4 is cool, 6 is better,etc. The game doesn't have to be a 10-class game but it does help to have more options than the 4, even if it's only a 4-player game.

• More weapon choices. I understand that to truly make it a 'randomly generated arsenal' they are indeed RANDOM(shotguns with scopes, really?) but is it too much to ask for less retarded drops?

• More customization in general. I'd like to use Brink as an example of customization that is REASONABLE and not hard/harder to do like, say, City of Heroes or Tekken. If different wardrobe options aren't an ...option, at the very least, I'd like to see better colorization(?) than the paltry Borderlands1 offerings.

• More DLC. And by more I mean LESS like Mad Moxxy's Underdome Abortion™ and more like Zombie Ned's and General Knoxx.

Many more things I'd like to bitch about but I'll keep it short.

It's Anthony Burch ("Reverend Anthony") that's helping write it. And did you really just trademark Mad Moxxy's Underdome Abortion? Do I owe you a nickle now for typing it?

Bringer of Truth
    Maybe I'll actually be able to afford this one and play with some of you sluts.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    It's Anthony Burch ("Reverend Anthony") that's helping write it.
    That doesn't mean it's going to be instantly brilliant.

I'm actually interested to see how he deals with the trappings. Rev Rants was brilliant as a soapbox of idealism (also, in a way, taking complacent potshots), but now he's working and compromises have to be made. It's inevitable, but I'm interested in what stays and what goes.

Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    It's Anthony Burch ("Reverend Anthony") that's helping write it. And did you really just trademark Mad Moxxy's Underdome Abortion? Do I owe you a nickle now for typing it?
    A nickel? What kinda trademark is worth a nickel? I now have the legal right to sue you for all you're worth!

Also, I knew his name, I just didn't want to say it, since, everyone and their grandmother on Dtoid think he's God, whereas I only mildly liked his Rev Rants because they were nothing more than <absolutely-everything-Stevil-said>, thought I did like his kind words about Far Cry 2, since, apparently his mentioning it made it an instant classic, despite everyone previously shitting on the game in the comments every time a story on it was posted. But he's Jesus, so I'm the asshole.

I liked Borderlands' writing/style/humor, so whomever was in charge of that before should definitely be the one leading that aspect again. When I play Borderlands, I'm not expecting to wax poetic about societal issues deeply rooted in videogame metaphors. A.K.A.: Reading bullshit into a damn videogame.

Inb4ButtSensitivePeople

Big Blue Dungeon Master
    It'd be awesome if the game had a decent narrative this time around, it was funny at times and had some colourful characters but I spent too much time skipping past walls of text for quests and some less than interesting dialogue.

And it does sound like they are trying to improve upon that.

I think Burch has a good handle on the Borderlands humor. After all, he was the one that wrote this.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
    Also, I knew his name, I just didn't want to say it, since, everyone and their grandmother on Dtoid think he's God, whereas I only mildly liked his Rev Rants because they were nothing more than <absolutely-everything-Stevil-said>, thought I did like his kind words about Far Cry 2, since, apparently his mentioning it made it an instant classic, despite everyone previously shitting on the game in the comments every time a story on it was posted. But he's Jesus, so I'm the asshole.
    Well, I don't want to be taken too much out of context. I don't hate Rev Rants or think they're redundant, but they were very much from the perspective on an idealistic student who didn't have much in the way of workplace experience. Now that's fine, because we need people to say, "Hey, this shouldn't be the status quo!" and eventually, enough people say it and get involved, then it does get changed.

Jaffetoid was a perfect example of idealism vs realism. People wanted to see David Jaffe as THE MAN, but in actual fact, he was justifable more right than wrong on most issues Anthony threw at him and it certainly made me look at Rev Rants in a different light. So, this is more about seeing if Burch actually puts his money where his mouth is and how much of his idealism will stick around.

Let me just point out that, I don't want to bitch about him, call him a sellout or spend my days sharpening my knives and waiting for him to fail. There's every balanced chance that he will come up with something I will find enjoyable. Anyway, like I said, I'm more interested to see how that transistion between "student free of obligation" to "real world jobber" happens.