Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49

Thread: Hipster gamer: What games do you hate that others love?

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    You had to be there when it came out.

It's a complete game changer in the way narrative was put into something as simplistic as an FPS, not to mention the physics were crazy good and the facial animations were/still are top-tier. Plenty of games have refined the formula since then, and there's a lot of dated stuff in there (the beach is just one big tech demo), but it's revered for being one of the most forward thinking games of its day.

I much prefer the original Half-Life as a gaming experience, but I can see why HL2 was a bigger fuss.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who preferred Half Life 1 over the sequel. Not that HL2 is bad by any stretch of the imagination. Hard to believe Half Life 2 is going to be 10 years old come next November, Half Life 3 is easily 2 or 3 years overdue at this point.

Team Fortress 2 is the Valve game I simply don't get.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Do you guys think Valve is waiting for the 10-year anniversary to finally announce something?

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I think they're waiting for a good mod to pop up that they can buy out and turn into Half Life 3.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    You had to be there when it came out.
    It is just so dry to get into...

It is just so dry to get into...
    Try getting into character. It's easy... hold a crowbar, don't say a word but communicate by staring at people and places for them to go.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    Get friends to stand around, telling not to forget to reload the crowbar.

That should help.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Also, have a girl be madly in love with you, despite the fact you have no personality, say absolutely nothing, and unnervingly stare at her for hours.

And don't forget to grow the goatee. You could also be bald and have a mobile lab out in the desert and nickname it Black Mesa, but that's optional, your choice, and verging out of the HL universe...

Quote Originally Posted by blueshell View Post
    Try getting into character. It's easy... hold a crowbar, don't say a word but communicate by staring at people and places for them to go.
    God this is making me want to rewatch Freeman's Mind. It's been at least a year since I last checked to see if there were any new videos in it or if they just stopped making them. Good stuff.

God this is making me want to rewatch Freeman's Mind. It's been at least a year since I last checked to see if there were any new videos in it or if they just stopped making them. Good stuff.
    Started watching and it's just fantastic and hilarious. Thanks for the recommendation. Looks like it's up to 44 episodes.

44 eps huh? I think last I saw was around the low-mid 30's. Looks like I have some catching up to do.