Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Hipster gamer: What games do you hate that others love?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiq View Post
    YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY WHORE MOUTH, THAT GAME IS PERFECT AND I WILL SET ANYONE ON FIRE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE.
    I'd like the doctor who I get the access card off to have an actual face instead of just an odd-shaped triangle for a head.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Better than KotOR?
    Yes... but only by a small percentage. They are both fantastic games.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    I'd like you to set me on fire tiq.
    Happy to oblige.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Well since they're so alike I guess that means there's no reason for me to play System Shock 2 then since I've already played Bioshock.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] Bankruption's Avatar
    Game that I don't like that everyone else likes... that's an easy one Mass Effect... the whole trilogy. Granted I never played 3 and never finished 2 but to be fair I just couldn't be pulled in by any of them. The story that seems to affect so many people just never gripped me in the same way and because of it the whole game just made me go meh... I realize I am the minority on this so I'm sure someone will tear me a new one.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Never played System Shock, always heard great things about it, never will play because those 3d era games don't suit me well, I would much rather play an old 2d game than an old 3d game.
    I don't like Bioshock gameplay, tried it, loved the ambience, not the game. Not looking forward to Infinite

Dishonored is as close to playing Bioshock as you can get me. That game made me claustrophobic. And I'm arachnophobic. System or Bio, no shock for me.
    Last edited by Dooshkin; 11-06-2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Because wrong thread.

I feel that I can't judge a game until I finish it, and I usually only finish games I like, but I didn't enjoy Final Fantasy 7. The only reason I finished the game was to see if it got better, because it had so much potential. Oh, and I believe that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is terrible when compared to the first game. I also hate Super Mario Land, and most Mario sports games excluding any tennis ones and Strikers,

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Better than KotOR?
    Excuse me...the fuck sort of sentence is this to be spewing. The fuck.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Dragon Age was stupid

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Dragon Age was stupid
    You mean Dragon Age: Origins, or the two games? Or maybe the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Dragon Age was stupid
    Your face was stupid.

That's right... suck on THOSE grapefruits.

Bastion. I didn't hate it per se, but I didn't see the big deal people were making about it. The music was great, yes, and the voice acting was top-notch, but the plot was eh and the gameplay was a snore. I also didn't like the fact the art-style was "let's take a bunch of stuff that looks great on its own and just throw it all together so the entire world looks like a colorful, sometimes pretty, but ultimately mess of a garbage dump." I understand why that was from a story context, but I still didn't like it.

The first Crysis. Getting shot at from a mile away by a bunch of soldiers I can barely see is not my idea of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltySquirrel View Post
    Bastion. I didn't hate it per se, but I didn't see the big deal people were making about it. The music was great, yes, and the voice acting was top-notch, but the plot was eh and the gameplay was a snore. I also didn't like the fact the art-style was "let's take a bunch of stuff that looks great on its own and just throw it all together so the entire world looks like a colorful, sometimes pretty, but ultimately mess of a garbage dump." I understand why that was from a story context, but I still didn't like it.
    You vocalized exactly why I couldn't stand that game. It was literally painful to look at.

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    Well since they're so alike I guess that means there's no reason for me to play System Shock 2 then since I've already played Bioshock.

This is what I took from the conversation as well. Glad we started off with the superior Bioshock first.

Bioshock: Won many awards, hailed for story innovation,sold like crazy and people couldn't shut up about it for years.

System Shock: *Crickets chirping* except for the few fanboy tears when comparing it to the racially superior Bioshock.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    I'm replaying BioShock right now, after a three year gap.

Seems fine to me.

I will start by saying that if asked, one of my first answers for 'favorite game series' would be final fantasy, that being said, I think about half of them don't deserve half the praise they get, while the other half deserve more than they could ever recieve. FF7 was, even to my 10 year old self, transparent and dull, the only interesting characters were vincent and yuffie. I specifically remember getting aeris, noticing how she didn't fit into the plot the way the rest of the characters did, and purposely not spending money on her in fear of it all being a waste when she died. I can see why it is held in such high regard, being the first of it's kind, but having played 8 first I was immune to it's charms. FF10 was in my opinion the beginning of square's bad habits. I was jarred by the absence of an overworld map, and the linearity of the game. I LOVED certain parts of the game, the plot was alright, but overall the game felt off somehow. With the incoming release of FF12, I was thrust back into the glory days of the series (FF4,6,8,9 and tactics) and I WAS IN NO WAY disappointed. I will argue till the day I die that Final Fantasy XII is overall the best of the series hands down. The combat system was intuitive and the gambits rewarded those who spent the time to find them and set them up correctly. The combat system was relentlessly deep, the content was unending, and the plot returned to the political dramas that had driven the final fantasy games of yore. As with any age though, it had to end, and with the new era returned the bad habbits of FF10, only a hundred fold, and thus we were given FF13. I won't say it's a bad game, but I will say it is not the final fantasy that I knew as a young gamer. sorry for ranting, I do that sometimes, I am new and in time I will learn that no one cares what it is I have to say.

See now I wouldn't have minded FF12 if it had come across that way to me, but all I saw from the moment the game started was an uninspired star wars rip off.

I don't necessarily hate Journey but I found all the hyperbole in the reviews for it nauseating and Jenova Chen is just as bad as Jonathan Blow.

GoW For me. Cannot stand it atall.