Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty Pleasures: Games You Like that Everyone Else Hates

Honkey Kong
    I agree with you on the Warriors games. Play almost all of those bitches, except for the Gundam ones. Cuz Gundams are 4 da gheys.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Godzilla Unleashed.

I'm a sucker for giant monsters wrecking poorly constructed digital versions of Tokyo

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Wait, people hate games? What a crock of pelican turds. If you hate video games, and I mean any video games, you are gay, a nazi, and probably adopted.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Flibble View Post
    The only games I don't like to admit to having enjoyed are Koudelka...They're both utterly terrible...
    Woah, woah, woah, I love Koudelka.

It wasn't terrible, just unrealised.

[Level 5: Mech]

No, it is pretty terrible. That weird chess battle system with breakable weapons is simply a sin of video game design.

I love the story, characters and setting, but there's no getting away from the game being really quite painful to play.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    I agree with you on the Warriors games. Play almost all of those bitches, except for the Gundam ones. Cuz Gundams are 4 da gheys.
    Don't think I don't see you. My eyes are everywhere, and the stank of your shit trolls roams far and wide.

Let my presence be known.

Honkey Kong
    I love you too bby. That was just for you. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Flibble View Post
    No, it is pretty terrible. That weird chess battle system with breakable weapons is simply a sin of video game design.

I love the story, characters and setting, but there's no getting away from the game being really quite painful to play.
    I agree that the battle system needed an overhaul.

It's sold as a chessboard, but there's only really forwards/backwards. Plus your characters become powerful enough to give up the rations and use magic, which sort of negates the point of having a survival horror element. There's only really one way to get through a battle - Edward up front with brass knuckles, James right behind him with a pike (and so Ed doesn't fall back one square) and Koudelka right at the back with magic and rifles.

I, er, liked the breakable weapon aspect. It changed up the repetitive "bouncy head/flying book" battles from time to time. Especially when you were grinding for the next boss.

Other than that, I liked what they did - Lovecraftian survival horror with RPG battles. It was quite clearly done on a smaller-than-normal budget, though. The just needed more time in the oven; up the variety, lower the grind. Yeah, it's not perfect. It's a 6/10 game at best for most people, but I love weird experiments like this.

My brother hates it because he had the battle theme drilled into his head.

Lovecraftian survival horror? Good lord, I think I need to play this.

Well, it does have a Re-Animator style plot going on, if that's your bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Well, it does have a Re-Animator style plot going on, if that's your bag.
    Not so keen on Re-animator, but the game looks interesting from the videos I've seen. Plus it's 70p on Amazon!

[Level 5: Mech]

For 70p it's totally worth it. Though it's really not survival horror by any means, it's a fairly standard RPG with Silent Hill-type demon baby monsters and creepy little girl ghosts and so on. There's some pretty messed up stuff in it, just don't go in expecting, y'know, Resident Evil.

13. 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM
    Reason
    lol nope

I must say Fable III. I know it was dissapointing and dumbed down as all hell, but I still enjoyed it a lot for some reason. Guilty.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Far Cry 2.

The best way I can describe the game is that it's a diamond covered in shit. There really is no other game out there like it, not even the sequel.

[Level 3: Humanoid] UltorOscariot's Avatar
    Hate would imply other people playing it. I don't recall anyone other than me saying kind words or otherwise about Aerofighters Assualt on N64 . I rather liked it. I got to fly an X-29A as a Dolphin. I'll put up with a lot for that

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    manhunt- every one think that its disgusting, but I love it.

[Level 6: Robot]
    People have been going mad about the retail release of Ace of Spades. I never played the beta before jagex bought the rights so I'm enjoying it so far.

I rather like Rayman Raving Rabbids. I was as disappointed as everyone else when it turned out to be a simple minigame collection instead of a platformer, and it's true that Ubi's overexposure of those damn bunnies got REALLY annoying after a while, but I still think it's good for what it is. There are a lot of really clever minigames, the controls work really well (especially for a launch title), and the Rabbids are actually pretty funny in this one.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Star Wars: The Old Republic.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    My recent hunt and for STALKER, showed me that game gets a lot of hate. I really don't understand it, but then again Im playing a patched version. Quite enjoy the hell out of it. Especially the intensity of gun fights and the weird calm (yet dread) of exploring.