Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dishonored Thread

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I had the game preordered but had to cancel mine because of car issues and such.

Gonna have to wait until the Black Friday sales roll around.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    That's not exactly what he said.

On the subject of replay, a note about length for those who find it of paramount importance -- you can blast through the campaign in about six hours, if you choose to do a simple kill-all run and don't bother finding items/performing optional tasks. A more realistic run will bring you up to around eight or ten hours, and could take even longer if you choose to go for the subtle ghost runs and nonlethal eliminations.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    So Destructoid gave this a 9/10 and praised it up and down. While I look forward to playing it, it was noted that it only lasts 6-8 hours(and Jim sucks at games so it's probably less). So nope, fuck off publishers, not paying $60 for that. See you on the $30 side later in the year.
    From what I've read it only lasts that long if you rush through the game killing everyone and don't do any side quests. Kind of like how all the Hitman games only last 2 hours tops if you just gun your way through every level.

I'm fine with 6 hour length even if it was only 6 hours. Bitch please I got like 80 games in my backlog.... give me 6 hours of pissing excellence and i'm happy as a pig in shit.

Honkey Kong
    It specifically mentions that even if you go the stealth route it only lengthens the game by a couple of hours. My issue with the $60 isn't in quality, it's in the game relies on replay value to make it worth the initial MSRP. I don't have time these days to replay anything really, so for me $60 is too much for a one off. I can justify the purchase to myself when it's $30 as a one-off that will sit on my shelf for a year or so before I replay it again.

[Level 5: Mech]
    That kind of makes no sense to be honest. I can understand not wanting to replay the game, but you get as much value in "replay value" as you put into it. Not having time to replay something is inconsequential if you want to play through it again, regardless of what you pay for it.

Not to mention length =/= value (necessarily).

Pwnd
    I can kind of see the appeal. The Gungrave games on PS2 are short as hell, like four hours each, yet I spent more time on them than anything else I had.

Then again I didn't pay full price for them either. It's a hard sell. Ultimately this reminds me that I should sign up for one of the rental services. I'd hate to buy this thing only to realize I'm not interested in doing it more than once. Plus AC3 comes out in like, three weeks and I'm probably gonna wind up getting my stealth-slashing on there instead.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    I've never played a game yet that I can replay without a gap of about 2 years. There doesn't seem much of a point. Play a game, finish it, lick the disc, smash it off the postmans face and move on with my no-life. But this should be a fun 8 hours of my life no doubt, unfortunately I don't have the physical copy to cause some minor destruction with.

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Konnery View Post
    That kind of makes no sense to be honest. I can understand not wanting to replay the game, but you get as much value in "replay value" as you put into it. Not having time to replay something is inconsequential if you want to play through it again, regardless of what you pay for it.

Not to mention length =/= value (necessarily).
    It's like this: game costs $60,runs around 6-10 hours. Not worth it to me when I can wait till it's $30 for the same experience. Got plenty of games I still need to go through anyway so there is literally zero point in paying full price to me.

Fair enough point. I'm waiting as well, but less for money saving purposes and more I already have a backlog longer than my arms.

I'm getting this immediately, X-COM later.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    It's like this: game costs $60,runs around 6-10 hours. Not worth it to me when I can wait till it's $30 for the same experience. Got plenty of games I still need to go through anyway so there is literally zero point in paying full price to me.
    I'd rather pay double the price to have it NOW! I'm an impatient bastard like that. I live for today 'n' all that bullpooandthepooiscold

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Konnery View Post
    Fair enough point. I'm waiting as well, but less for money saving purposes and more I already have a backlog longer than my arms.
    That's my main crux. This game is probably awesome but I will have Borderlands 2 eating my time till Halo 4. I didn't pay full price for B2 but I would have because I'm already 60 hours in without an end in sight. Halo 4 will be a full price purchase because I'll get at least 100 hours from the multiplayer alone. So I'm personally over saturated with games and I'm not going to spend $60 bucks on something I won't touch because it can't compete with what I'm currently playing. I don't like supporting market oversaturation, so this is the game that gets the bump. Of course, had it of launched at $30 I would support it immediately out of the gate. I love Tekken Tag but it's also getting the waiting treatment for the same reason : too many games beat it out for attention to pay full price.

Pwnd
    Another thing is, shorter games get traded in faster. The stock goes up, price goes down and bam. Thirty dolla game, love you long time.

(or in other words, I'm thinking the price will drop on this before AC3 will)

Which kind of sucks to be honest. There's a million AC games and this is an original IP. I'd kind of root for it having a lasting price but...thus is vidjagames.

Pwnd
    Actually, wouldn't it be a bad sign if the price stayed high? That would make me think they hadn't been selling many copies and were desperate to recoup their publishing investment. Plus now that I think about it AC3 could drop before Dishonored based on the sheer volume of copies bought and traded, whether their respective buy/trade ratios are comparable or not.

Also, lol me pretend to be economist on the internet

Plus it's being published by Bethesda. It'll be in the bargain bin for $20 by Halloween.

That's not saying it's a crappy game, just that most Bethesda published games don't stay at $60 for longer then a few weeks.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    You're all bad people.

Honkey Kong
    Nah, I made the right choice.

Y'know how I know I'm a bad person? I think the graphics look like a prettier version of Fable and that makes me have good feelings.