Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dishonored Thread

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    The developers put together a Tumblr with some concept art and a short gif of some gameplay. Link

More please.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]

This looks fantastic. Lots of Bioshock (so much Bioshock!), Thief, and Half-Life in there. Easily my most anticipated game this year. Hopefully Bethesda's publishing curse doesn't continue.

(Shame about the trite song, though.)

I liked the song, it fit the trailer. My hype for this game is through the roof. I'm really really hankering for a good stealth game, and I hope they can deliver.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Eh, the little girl singing in the background to scary stuff is a bit overused. Game looks great, though. So good.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    This is on my list though I am unsure if I want it for PS3 or PC...hrmmm

[Level 12: CHET]
    This is looking better and better, but definately has the Bioshock feeling quite a lot.

I saw this on IGN's livestream yesterday and after seeing this being played it just doesn't interest me anymore. I don't know what it was it just looked awkward/generic. Did this happen to anyone else?

No, I don't know how you can call a stealth game generic when theirs only been one other in at least the last five years to even have strong stealth elements, that being Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRemedy View Post
    No, I don't know how you can call a stealth game generic when theirs only been one other in at least the last five years to even have strong stealth elements, that being Deus Ex Human Revolution.
    IMO, the stealth didn't look that different from any of the other "play however you want" type games such as splinter cell conviction, MGS 4, skyrim, assassins creed series, deus ex, or the bioshock series. And those are just the ones off the top of my head. Also, the AI looked pretty dumb for a game that is coming out soon and that will rely so heavily on it.

It's amazing how you managed to mention 6 games with almost NOTHING to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It's amazing how you managed to mention 6 games with almost NOTHING to do with each other.
    Did you even read my post? Those games all featured the support for different play styles that Dishonored does. You can play stealthy, play like an action game, or play a mixture of both. And it doesn't look any better then those games and in some cases looks worse.

Yeah, you can choose your style, but they're completely different from each other. The gameplay in Skyrim has absolutely nothing in common with the gameplay in Metal Gear or Assassin's Creed. "Oh, hey, those two games have inventories. So generic".

Yeah, you can choose your style, but they're completely different from each other. The gameplay in Skyrim has absolutely nothing in common with the gameplay in Metal Gear or Assassin's Creed. "Oh, hey, those two games have inventories. So generic".
    The core idea of the gameplay is the exact same in every single one of those games. The developers give you the freedom to play these games however you want and when it is a feature that is that central/important to the game then I feel like the games can be compared.

Unlike your statement about inventories, which is completely laughable. If we were comparing games whose inventories were the core feature of the gameplay/game then your statement would make sense.

All I am saying is I had high hopes for this game coming into E3 and after seeing it I doubt I will play it.
    I'm not saying its going to be a bad game I'm just saying after watching it being played it doesn't interest me anymore.

Saying a game is centered around the player's choice of how to play says almost nothing about it. That's what RPGs have been doing forever. We've known for a long time that would be in the game, so it doesn't make any sense to be surprised/disappointed by it. No, the games can't be compared based solely on that aspect of gameplay.

Saying a game is centered around the player's choice of how to play says almost nothing about it. That's what RPGs have been doing forever. We've known for a long time that would be in the game, so it doesn't make any sense to be surprised/disappointed by it. No, the games can't be compared based solely on that aspect of gameplay.
    I wasn't comparing the games as a whole, I was comparing the ability to play stealthily, action, or a mix. I wasn't surprised at all by the fact it was in the game but I was disappointed in the way it looks/ was implemented.

When the game was announced I was expecting it to be a completely different experience from other games and to me it doesn't look like it is going to be.

Pwnd
    But in Bioshock you're playing how Atlas wants.

I was expecting Bioshock with parkour and more stealth. That and a great art direction is what I got. Still pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    But in Bioshock you're playing how Atlas wants.
    Haha, so true! You got me there.

I was expecting Bioshock with parkour and more stealth. That and a great art direction is what I got. Still pretty excited.
    Yeah, I'm sure the game will still be fine. I guess I probably had inflated expectations. Hope you enjoy it though!

Thanks, dude.

Just to be clear, my point was "it's not generic", not "you should love it".