Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dishonored Thread

[Level 5: Mech]
    One more trophy for the Plat. Tempest, man. Givin' me problems. Clean Hands was easier for me than this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooshkin View Post
    One more trophy for the Plat. Tempest, man. Givin' me problems. Clean Hands was easier for me than this crap.
    HINT: Stopping time works. GRENADE 'EM.

I suggest the second to last mission.

Stop time + springrazors + 6 weepers randomly standing together in a small room = win.

Yeah, generally the biggest problem I had in getting Tempest was not getting 6 kills, but having simply 6 enemies in the same place that I can kill.

For a while I was trying to get guards to follow me into the guardhouse in the Masquerade Party mission, but no matter how many I aggro'd, only a couple would follow me in at a time. After a couple hours of trying unsuccessfully to set up different scenarios in the mansion where the party takes place, I gave up and wandered off. I soon found a building that had what looked like 4 weepers (that's what dark vision revealed) in it. When I entered the room, one of them split into three before my eyes like a zombie ameoba, so I stopped time and threw out some springrazors. Ding! Tempest pops up.

My dumb luck is more reliable than my skill sometimes.

I got it where I said. My aggro skills are best.

[Level 6: Robot]
    plan on picking this up next week, since it's bethesda i gotta ask, any ps3 shittyness issues?

Very, very minor screen tearing sometimes, but that's it. Looks great, plays great.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Yahtzee spent half his review complaining about silent protagonists and the other half bitching about moral choice systems.

Yahtzee can go fuck himself. The only game I've seen him praise was one that deliberately provided a poor experience.

Frankly, Yahtzee tries way too hard to come up with humorous ways to bitch about games to the point that his shtick has become incredibly stale. I stopped caring about his videos over 2 years ago.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Well, there's going to be DLC. The first one in December sounds pretty dull and uninspired. Thank God for this, then:

The second and third add-ons for Dishonored will be coming in 2013 and will each feature story-driven campaigns. Pricing on these two packs will be revealed closer to launch.
    Daud, the leader of a group of supernatural assassins known as ‘The Whalers’, will be the focus of the second add-on pack, scheduled for release in early Spring 2013. Make your way through new Dunwall locales and discover Daud’s own set of weapons, powers and gadgets in this story-driven campaign. How you play and the choices you make will impact the final outcome…

Sweet, I really want to know more about Daud.

Oh hell, yeah. Looking forward to it.

Honkey Kong
    Spending more money to finally bring this game up to $60 status.

NOPE.jpg

That's not a knife...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    Yahtzee spent half his review complaining about silent protagonists and the other half bitching about moral choice systems.
    He's getting worse. His joke about silent protagonists was funny though because self deprecation is great.

I think the moral choice system in Dishonored is better than any game in the recent years I've played. Gameplay is what drives moral choices in this game. I really like how you can go through it all without killing anyone and I also really like how you don't select A, B or C when it comes down to moral choices but how you choose to play the game. That's real choice and it's something Dishonored beats a lot of RPGs with "moral choice" at.

Also, the characters has personality. I loved Samuel.

Spoiler!

That's not a knife...
    You can always trust a Sam.

Fuck yes. I will certainly buy all of the DLC, even if the first one sounds like the kind of DLC I would like to see less of (e.g. Arkham City). I am so happy that the experience I have had with the game will not be the end of my experiences with Dunwall.

And I finally wrapped up the rest of the achievements. Now I can let this rest until the new content comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    And he also sidesteps the fact that much of the reason Corvo doesn't talk is a pulsating plot device and lore strewn all about. Had Corvo been able to talk I'd have known some rather significant things about him from the first scene - which had some hints, but not a full picture - and the stuff placed toward the end of the game would have lost some of its punch.

Corvo isn't so much a character you "project" into as he's a man of some prestige and mystery they also wanted the player to learn about as the story moved forward, but only so much at a time. There is room for projection in how you play him, but that's about the extent of it. Giving him a voice would be like going from Micheal Keaton or Val Kilmer to George Clooney on Batman. There's the idea of what a character sounds like in your head and then sometimes there's the derp version that actually happens, often in movies. .

Though I have to admit the Judge Dredd in my head still sounds like Stallone.