Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: The Dishonored Thread

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] GameStatistics's Avatar
    Hello, this is my first post in this topic, and even one of my first post on Destrucoid. I am coming here in order to have some opinions about Dishonored.

As you know, Dishonored already has received many awards, as well as very positive critics from the press. However, it is always interesting to have an idea of what the various players really thought of the game: did it fulfil their expectations? What are its main assets or flaws? How did they play for their first run?

In order to share your opinions about this game, here is a public survey about Dishonored, made by GameStatistics:
    http://www.gamestatistics.fr/limesur...test/Y/lang/en

This survey is designed for any kind of player who already has played Dishonored, PC or consoles. It has not been asked by developers / publishers of the game, and answering it should not take more than 10 minutes. It will be open until end of the week.

A few more information about GameStatistics:
    GameStatistics makes quick and simple surveys on videogames topics. Only French players have been interviewed up to now, but we would like from now to have the opinions of English-speaking players too. The various sentences of the questionnaire may not be totally appropriate / correctly written (yes, i know it should have been "man" and not "men", sorry!), but do no hesitate to make any comments or suggestion about this (so as we can improve this part for further surveys)

In any cases, I will come back to you at the end of the survey to summary its main results. Thanks in advance for all the volonteers.

Is that all we are to you? Just numbers? Damn you, France. DAMN YOU!

In a statistical point of view, we're all some kind of numbers!

YOU'RE ALL HEARTLESS! HEARTLESS!

Is the DLC any good? Ive got most of the achivements now, but a few of them seem to be linked to the DLC even though I haven't purchased it yet... Strange isn't it?

I don't want it. Don't need battlegrounds.

[Level 3: Humanoid] arglactable's Avatar
    I purchased it immediately, because I want to support Arkane, I want more Dishonored, and it's only 5 bucks. I haven't actually played it yet, but from what I understand it has several pretty cool challenges (including a stealth challenge with a nice big level).

Nah, don't want it. Nope.

I got it and found it to be pretty entertaining. By my hands alone achievement is being a bitch though.

Sort of reminds me of the days of playing MSG: VR missions for some strange reason. I approve.

[Level 3: Humanoid] arglactable's Avatar
    From my understanding, some of the achievements are a bitch, but I am entirely alright with that because the wait for the Daud story DLC isn't getting any shorter.

Hello,

I just want to confirm that the survey on Dishonored is now closed (invitation was posted in this thread above).
    Thanks to all the people who answered it.

As a very quick feedback:
    - Many of the respondents pointed out a few grammar / spelling mistakes sentences, even if the overall meaning of questions was clear enough. “Are you… a men?” was of course the most inappropriate of these mistakes (this one should have been corrected before publishing the survey, at least)
    - Overall satisfaction of the survey was quite good (82% of respondents said the topic was interesting, 56% it was enjoyable, 77% that questions were clear and relevant) despite these English incorrect sentences.

I’ll come back in a few weeks (maybe end of next week) to make a summary of all these results.

As it was the first GameStatistics survey on English-speaking players, it should be more regarded as a first “experimentation” (selected sample is very different than the French ones, probably due to the different forums selection) and I will probably not release a full report as we used to make for previous surveys. However, be sure that I’ll come back with the main results.

Meanwhile, do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions / suggestion regarding this survey, or GameStatistics in general. Also, if there is any volunteer to help me correcting a possible further survey (if I am still welcomed here, of course !), do not hesitate to send me a private message.

STOP TREATING US AS DATA, GODDAMMIT!

I want to go down to my parents basement and get my cardboard box of LEGO's out.

That tallboy is awesome

Just out of curiosity, how was Dunwall City Trials? I haven't tried it since it came out, but I loved the main game and played it through a couple times.

I got it for the achievements. Turns out they are hard as shit. Void Star, Assassin vs. Machine and By My Hand Alone in particular.

It's worth the money for sure, but its pretty freaking hard. I just got the Headhunter achievement. 20 headshots against assassins (and a few weepers) with 100% accuracy. The assassin walking up that curved staircase in the sky FTMFL. It's like the hit detection on that guy is completely random.

Here is a summary of the main results of the Dishonored's survey, which has been done two or three weeks ago on various boards (including Destructoid).
    This is a raw summary, without graphics or very deep analysis… However, if anybody wants any additional details, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sample description

- Around 220 players’ opinions have been taken into account for this survey. All of them had played Dishonored, around one half on PC (56%), the other half on consoles (26% Xbox, 17% PS3).
    - Average age of respondents was 21 years old, and half of them were Americans.
    - About 80% of them come from reddit (Dishonored subreddit). Other respondents come from eurogamer, RPGcodex, Destructoid or IGN boards.

Overall Satisfaction

- Dishonored already had great reviews, but the survey shows that the players are really enthusiast too toward the game : 64% of the them said the game was "excellent", 27% it was "very good" ; less than 2% said the game was bad or average.
    - Average notation given to Dishonored by the respondents was 8.9 / 10. As it was the first GameStatistics survey on English-speaking people, then we can not compare these results with other surveys yet. However, for sure it is a very high score, probably one of the highest possible on such kind of sample.
    - As a comparison, the same respondents gave an average rating of 7.8 to Deus Ex Human Revolution, of 7.1 to Hitman Absolution, of 7.4 to Assassin's Creed 3 and finally of 7.6 to Dark Messiah of Dark and Magic (but only a small proportion of players played this game, and rated it).

Assets and drawbacks

- Respondents were asked to give their opinion about various Dishonored features. Generally speaking, almost all of them were rated positively: scenario, universe, originally, well written dialogs… almost all of these have been rated positively by at least 70% of the respondents.
    - Background (79% of respondents did totally agree with the sentence “Dishonored is a game with an interesting background universe”) seems to be the main asset of Dishonored, as well as many other elements such as “good infiltration part” (76%), “visually pleasant” (67%), or “immersive” (65%).
    - Only two points have a quite important proportion of negative ratings: difficulty of the game (25% of respondents think the game is not difficult), and the lack of intelligence from the opponents (25%).

Other stuff

- 45% of the respondents finished the game two times or more.
    - Dishonored ending was positively judged by more than 88% of the people who finished it (and 50% were absolutely satisfied)
    - The mission of “lady Boyle’s last party”, seems to be the most appreciated mission: 37% of respondents rank it on first place, and 23% on second place. Second preferred mission is “House of Pleasure”, followed by “High overseer Campbell”. “Royal Physician”, “Flooded district” and “the light of the end” were the less appreciated.
    - Half of the players chose a “relative discretion” approach (very few deaths) for their first run; on the other hand, 30% of them preferred a more aggressive approach; the other respondents tried the “ghost” approach (without any death).
    - For further Arkane’s game, more than 80% of the respondents said they would prefer another game on Dishonored universe, far beyond any of the other proposals (Arx Fatalis 2, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic 2, a new license…)

I hope that some of you will find these statistics interesting. Do not hesitate to put a comment or ask additional questions.
    Next survey on English-speaking people should be more complete (and you won’t be asked this time, if you’re “a men” or “a women”…)

Pwnd
    Ok, now before anyone else says anything, yes that's a bot. But the data is fascinating. I don't even like Dishonored and that's still kind of neat.

Not a bot, ​French.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Not a bot, ​French.
    Bots can be French too, Victor. You need to check your haven't-played-Binary-Domain privilege.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Pretty interesting stuff from the frenchie bot. I just started the game and am quite in love. Very fun stuff and has sucked me in more than most. Insert my mom joke.