Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: The Dishonored Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dooshkin View Post

I thought the alternative that Slackjaw gives you to killing the Pendleton bros. was a much worse fate than Lady Boyle's.
    Spoiler!
    It is hell but it is well deserved.

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Probably been said before but Dishonoured is a lot like a fusion of Half Life 2 & Bioshock.

One example - When you run out of mana & activate magic in Dishonored it automatically uses any obtained potions to fill the bar...like Bioshock.

Anyway I'm nearly finished the game. I definately needed some alone time with games to get into this, instead of playing it in small bursts. I've gone from liking it, but not being that fussed to wanting to replay it without any killing soon as I complete it.

Yeah, that totally makes up for the gameplay being completely different and barely going into shooter territory at all.

I don't think it's like Bioshock in any meaningful way, is what I mean. Sorry, I'm kinda grumpy today. Didn't get much sleep.

Eh?

bums

[Level 8: Skynet]
    It doesn't go into shooter territory because it's not really a shooter, albeit affording you all manner of killery. Its lead designers come from games like Deus Ex and Thief, which is why it's a lot like Deus Ex and Thief (stealth oriented and relatively open). Aesthetically it has a similar consistency and idiosyncratic style to Bioshock.

Never played Half-Life so don't know about that comparison

[Level 3: Humanoid] arglactable's Avatar
    Frankly, the only real similarities to Bioshock are in the basic format of the power presentation and the two separate player buffs in the form of powers and charms. The rest is solidly Thief and Deus Ex, while somehow feeling unlike either of those games at the same time. Some visual comparisons, and not much else, could be made to Half-life 2, because the city design is from the same dude.

Quote Originally Posted by arglactable View Post
    Frankly, the only real similarities to Bioshock are in the basic format of the power presentation and the two separate player buffs in the form of powers and charms. The rest is solidly Thief and Deus Ex, while somehow feeling unlike either of those games at the same time. Some visual comparisons, and not much else, could be made to Half-life 2, because the city design is from the same dude.
    Exactly. I love you now. And Steven. Don't worry Steven, I love you too.

Um so yeah completed the game yesterday. Started a new game so I could get the Clean Hands achievement (which I think I accidentally fucked up as I poisoned High Overseer Campbell & have no saves to really go back and sort that out). But I decided to get some other achievements and went to the mission select screen. They're all locked or to be more precise I can only select the mission I'm on. What's the about?

When you complete a game like that you should be able to reply any mission at will. But by starting a new mission it's eradicated all saves and acting as if I've never finished the game and therefore access the ability to now pick and choose levels. AM I MAD?

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Um so yeah completed the game yesterday. Started a new game so I could get the Clean Hands achievement (which I think I accidentally fucked up as I poisoned High Overseer Campbell & have no saves to really go back and sort that out). But I decided to get some other achievements and went to the mission select screen. They're all locked or to be more precise I can only select the mission I'm on. What's the about?

When you complete a game like that you should be able to reply any mission at will. But by starting a new mission it's eradicated all saves and acting as if I've never finished the game and therefore access the ability to now pick and choose levels. AM I MAD?
    So, uh, you can't get Clean Hands/Shadow/Ghost/Art Dealer if you go to Mission Select. Those need to be in a single run.

Also
    Spoiler!

That's why I started a new game, so I can do a single run for those achievements.

But if you go into mission select, you automatically invalidate the achievements. Or so I heard. You can't, say, play all the way to mission 6, go back to 4, then continue to 7.

[Level 3: Humanoid] arglactable's Avatar
    I actually can't verify that, but I do believe that every run that I did that ended in an achievement was in order. It took mye 4 player-throughs. I wasn't efficient about it because I find that trying to get all of the achievements in one or two runs results in an inferior experience, since you end up micromanaging all of that shit the whole time instead of enjoying the game. It would make sense if you couldn't use the level select to "touch up" a run for the achievement, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But if you go into mission select, you automatically invalidate the achievements. Or so I heard. You can't, say, play all the way to mission 6, go back to 4, then continue to 7.
    I didn't touch Mission Select. Once the game was finished, the next thing I ever did was select "New Game", which I assumed would only effect my last autosave.

Ugh can I be bothered to start again for the Clean Hands achievement. I don't understand where Granny Rags comes into the killing of Overseer Campbell in the early missions? How do I get rid of him and not void the Clean Hands achievement? Do I just render him unconcious?

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    I didn't touch Mission Select. Once the game was finished, the next thing I ever did was select "New Game", which I assumed would only effect my last autosave.

Ugh can I be bothered to start again for the Clean Hands achievement. I don't understand where Granny Rags comes into the killing of Overseer Campbell in the early missions? How do I get rid of him and not void the Clean Hands achievement? Do I just render him unconcious?
    What? No, it's not that. The problem with Granny Rags is more serious and only appears waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead. It was just a heads-up.

Spoiler!

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What? No, it's not that. The problem with Granny Rags is more serious and only appears waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead. It was just a heads-up.

Spoiler!
    I wish I had done that when I played.
    Spoiler!

Which was still pretty cool, come to think of it.

Spoiler!

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    My favorite thing about Campbell is when
    Spoiler!

Hue.

Spoiler!

I'm restarting...again.