Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma New Year's NARP (maybe)

Recap King

Oklahoma New Year's NARP (maybe)

So... I will almost certainly be in "Native America" around new year's. I know a few of you have mentioned possibly doing something small around that time in the Oklahoma City area. I was wondering what your availability was for that timeframe. Also, if we want, we might even be able to expand a little and bring up some texas d00bs. But, y'know. We'll see.

So Zodiac, Matrix, and the other people who apparently aren't on the forums anymore, what do y'all think?

Trolls Softly
    As I said previously, I will try my damndest. Just lemme know when as early as possible. I need at least a month in advance notification.

I pretty much do jack shit for New Years since I've got a kiddo, but I'd be willing to break that habit if there was something going on.

Recap King
    We could be hipsters and hit up the bricktown brewery/pinkitzel for some artisan bees and cupcakes. :P

I'd be down for that.

Trolls Softly
    Ain't nothing wrong with that. Sounds like fun, fo sho. After all, Bricktown is pretty much all we have.

Recap King
    Quote Originally Posted by M47R1X View Post
    Ain't nothing wrong with that. Sounds like fun, fo sho. After all, Bricktown is pretty much all we have.
    Pretty much xD

But it's like where I've always hung out with friends... That and PennSquare... and Braums... and random Sonics...

Apple, cherry, lemon, lime, vanilla, diet coke, and sprite. Delicious.

Trolls Softly
    FYI, I drove by Pinkitzel today and they're doing roadwork outside of it. The entire intersection before the Ford Center Chesapeake Energy Center (lame name... again...) is all torn up. It's still possible to get there, although I'd suggest trying to get there at any time other than peak hours, unless they're finished by then of course.

Shoulda renamed it the...

Recap King
    Quote Originally Posted by M47R1X View Post
    FYI, I drove by Pinkitzel today and they're doing roadwork outside of it. The entire intersection before the Ford Center Chesapeake Energy Center (lame name... again...) is all torn up. It's still possible to get there, although I'd suggest trying to get there at any time other than peak hours, unless they're finished by then of course.

Shoulda renamed it the...
    Okay... am I the only one who didn't know about Pinkitzel? Like... my ex and I went down to Oklahoma during spring-break so she could meet my family. And we were in Bricktown and she noticed the shop... I had never heard of it before, but I was really impressed.

Also... My friends and I usually park at the bricktown theatre, and just walk wherever we need to go.

Recap King
    Oh.. we could also totally go to Bobo's Chicken... I must get that stuff everytime I return home.

Trolls Softly
    Never heard of it. Is that in Mid-Del? I'm more Edmond/NW OKC.

Recap King
    http://www.eataroundokc.com/bobos-ch...ieve-the-hype/

It's like a fucking urban legend. I grew up kinda in the inner city, so every chance we got we'd run to Bobo's.

First they smoke the chicken, then they fry the chicken, then they cover it in honey.

Trolls Softly
    Dear Lawdy that sounds good.

Recap King
    It was like a ritual every friday night during high school, friends and I would get us some Bobo's.

Recap King

Recap King
    This is just under 1.5 months away. Any more takers?

It's cute that you think there is anyone else in Oklahoma besides the two of us.

Recap King
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac Eclipse View Post
    It's cute that you think there is anyone else in Oklahoma besides the two of us.
    There are two other, non-active dtoiders. Plus I am hoping people will want to come up from Texas, but I know that's probably a stretch.

I'll be honest I didn't know there was two other whole people around here. Clearly I need to wear my dtoid shirt more so I can try to run into them.

Recap King
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac Eclipse View Post
    I'll be honest I didn't know there was two other whole people around here. Clearly I need to wear my dtoid shirt more so I can try to run into them.
    They aren't too active anymore. There's Thornn and that one chick.... Kaciesaurus.