Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Destructoid Community Album

[Level 5: Mech]

Destructoid Community Album

I hope this is the correct place to post this. If not, I apologize.

My name is Alphadeus, and I'm currently working on creating theme songs for members of Destructoid. I reached out to c-blogs, mash tactics/chill bros, staff, but haven't had a chance to communicate with the forums until now. It's currently 14/44 done, and I'm wondering if anyone who browses the forums would be interested in having a theme song written for them.

Destructoid Community Album Volume 1 was released and shared on the front page of Destructoid.

I am currently working on Volume 2.

I am accepting requests for Volume 3 (Currently 3/30)

If you wish to have a theme song, please send me a song title and possibly some links to music I can use for inspiration (note: your song probably won't sound like what you send me). My email is Alphadeus@gmail.com

I've been meaning to post more on the forums, but it's hard to stretch myself between more than one aspect of the community. I usually just read the c-blogs, but sometimes I'll watch Destructoid on JTV if I can. Not to mention I have at least 30 more themes to write so I'll definitely be keeping busy

Take care.
    Last edited by AlphaDeus; 08-22-2011 at 01:53 PM.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Wow, that's a pretty crazy project. Good luck with it!

I was going to do the exact same thing as you but then I read the post properly and realised it's different.

Jeff Goldblum
    That's pretty awesome. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    I was going to do the exact same thing as you but then I read the post properly and realised it's different.
    Me too. However, if any of the people that had albums made for them in that thread did want AlphaDeus to make a theme for them, that might be a good place for him to look for inspiration for that person.
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.

Guys check this out if you haven't yet. He made an awesome one for me so I can vouch for his credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Me too. However, if any of the people that had albums made for them in that thread did want AlphaDeus to make a theme for them, that might be a good place for him to look for inspiration for that person.
    Very good point.

Frodo Bangins
    Nobody made an album for me I was too new at the time. this is an awesome Idea. Can't wait to hear some forum members themes.

Californiasby
    I want a theme song

@Tarvu: Thanks

@Aurain: I will do my best to check out that thread and see about contacting people and/or using those songs as inspiration for themes.

@Gobun: If you could reach out to me with a song title and some links to music for inspiration, I'll be more than happy to make you one. My email is Alphadeus@gmail.com or you could contact me on Dtoid/Twitter, however you wish.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I'd like a theme song! I'm not good with titles, so you can come up with that. As for style, I'm really into dance music, especially house music. Some of my favorite dj/producers are Kaskade, Deadmau5, and Derrick Carter. I've also recently gotten into Avicii and Sharam (which is kinda weird since I've also like Deep Dish for a long time)

Here is one of my favorite Avicii tracks. This is another great track of his.
    My all-time favorite Kaskade track is "It's You, It's Me". I play that one whenever I'm thinking of my now-fiance and it will DEFINITELY be played at our wedding. The track that first got me into Kaskade several years ago, though, was Steppin' Out (I can't find the remix that I really like (Jask's Thaisoul Vocal Mix), but the original is still pretty great).
    Here are 2 different versions of a recent Sharam track called "Fun". Here's one and here's the other.

I hope this is enough to give you some ideas.

I finished Mr. Gobbldigook's song. I can't post it on the c-blogs yet because his name contains a racist term =P

Gobbldigook All Over Your Face (2011)
    Last edited by AlphaDeus; 08-06-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Californiasby
    One music, please.

"Peanut Pendulum Drop"

Beast Master
    Huh, I saw the cblawg post a while ago, but never saw this forum post until today. I'mma email you something later tonight, assuming the offer still stands.

Ray of Sunshine
    HE'S LIKE THE ZP OF THE MUSICKS

http://www.alphadeus.com/img/xyzdtoi...tonia_2011.mp3

That's so Harvest Moon. I love it.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    AlphaDeus made a soundtrack for me. My very own soundtrack! It's like Life is Beautiful from the Deadly Premonition soundtrack... but better​.

Beast Master
    He's making me one for the second volume and I am excited.

Yep.

Dude, I'm like one of the D-Toid originals. I mean, c'mon (how did I miss this shit?).

Beast Master
    Email him, Morty. I missed the boat for a while too but he was able to squeeze me in. He has like sixty folks on his list, but it all seems to depend on your own responsiveness too.

Thanks for the comments and interest I sent Poopface a message.

I am accepting requests for volume 3. I have 28 songs left for volume 2, and only 2 requests so far for volume 3, so if you would like a theme song, all you have to do is send me a song title and some music to use as inspiration and you're good to go. I won't be making a c-blog post, but I might message prominent people on the front page (and also interns from dtoid) to get at least 30 total people on the 3rd volume.