Thread: Retro Fight Nights

[Level 4: Cyborg]

dtoidrolleye Retro Fight Nights

I've been thinking about all those forgotten classics and more current games that never stood a chance in the online market because their names didn't have Halo or Call Of Duty in the title and I thought, wouldn't it be fun to have a night out of the month dedicated to going Retro? Here's my pretty unoriginal idea of that, mean to encompass all platforms all compiled into a post to play those games you've wanted to play but couldn't by virtue of them not being released this year.

I go into more detail on my C-Blog http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/gar...--206192.phtml Please check it out to get a better idea of what this is all about. Also though, please give me ideas or feedback here on whether you think this is a good idea as an monthly alternative to the FNF, which mostly features newer games. Do you want something like this? What games would you want to play? Should this be successful most of the discussion should take place here in the Forums. Thanks again guys for your time. Respec.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Cool idea, Gareth. Let me know if you need help organizing or promoting.

[Level 2: Human]
    I posted on your blog page- love the idea! Occasionally a friend and I will do the same- find a cheap, older game just to play for a couple of nights. Could be a lot of fun.

EDIT- also Gareth sorry I didn't hit you up with a friend request on xbl, whats your GT again?

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by garethxxgod View Post
    I've been thinking about all those forgotten classics and more current games that never stood a chance in the online market because their names didn't have Halo or Call Of Duty in the title and I thought, wouldn't it be fun to have a night out of the month dedicated to going Retro? Here's my pretty unoriginal idea of that, mean to encompass all platforms all compiled into a post to play those games you've wanted to play but couldn't by virtue of them not being released this year.

I go into more detail on my C-Blog http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/gar...--206192.phtml Please check it out to get a better idea of what this is all about. Also though, please give me ideas or feedback here on whether you think this is a good idea as an monthly alternative to the FNF, which mostly features newer games. Do you want something like this? What games would you want to play? Should this be successful most of the discussion should take place here in the Forums. Thanks again guys for your time. Respec.

So yeah. I have s slightly different idea. Saturday Afternoon Delight Fights. (Okay the name isn't set in stone.)
    I like the idea of games that aren't usually in the FNF rotation. Tomorrow. I'll be doing Peace Walker HD.
    If anyone else has anything they'd like to do tomorrow, post it. I'd like to get a blog going by next week. I'll start a forum thread on Monday with the FNF ones.
    Thoughts?

Saturday Afternoon Delights!

- - - Updated - - -

I say go for it, I know a lot of people can't make it on Friday due to things and stuff. Grrrrr.... man, I hate when things and stuff get in the way of me having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfee_mcgee View Post
    So yeah. I have s slightly different idea. Saturday Afternoon Delight Fights. (Okay the name isn't set in stone.)
    I like the idea of games that aren't usually in the FNF rotation. Tomorrow. I'll be doing Peace Walker HD.
    If anyone else has anything they'd like to do tomorrow, post it. I'd like to get a blog going by next week. I'll start a forum thread on Monday with the FNF ones.
    Thoughts?
    Looking forward to playing Peace Walker on Saturday. I had a lot of fun playing it last night with some people. Some kinda janky, non user friendly and unbalanced things with the Versus Ops, but I think it's still pretty good. As for the RFN idea, I love it! Like I said in the comment on the blog I was planning on playing just older games for all of 2013 anyways so this would fit perfectly with that.

I definitely want to do some co-op too.
    Chilly, that's perfect for a header. U da man.

I'll play DOOM or Marathon: Durandal with any Lewdies who share the desire to. Especially Marathon: Durandal. Seriously, buy that game and I will lead y'all through a total carnage playthrough.

Also, I am too tipsy to bother reading the whole blog but I picked out the EURNF thing and would happily lead that if needed.

Play Marathon with me.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfee_mcgee View Post
    I definitely want to do some co-op too.
    Chilly, that's perfect for a header. U da man.
    Yah we can get some co-op going. We can't do 4 people for most any sneaking missions but we can get some bosses in for sure. Although if we are going to do that you may want to play a bit to unlock some heavy weapons and what not.

Mmkay. SO the blog is up, if not a tad lacking.

tarvu, I didn't know if that was actually your gamertag. Is it?
    Also, do you have a time frame for playing your games?

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Game: Resident Evil: ORC
    Time: 6pm and 12am
    Host: PhilK3nS3bb3n
    PSN: MickGuerrera

Yeah, yeah. I hosted it last night, but nobody took me up on it and its definitely not a regular fnf game. Plus its one of a very few games I have right now. Suck it.

For the Retro:

Game: Unreal Tournament 3
    Time: 11pm
    Host: PhilK3nS3bb3n
    PSN: MickGuerrera

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I think should extend to Sunday. I mean Sunday's a lazy ass day, that a lot of folks stay home and veg out on. Anybody with me? I'm going to throw a cblog up, see what happens.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I am definitely down for some older titles! I didn't get to play online as much for some of the older games I own so this would be awesome

Thread is up. On Thursday. Because I'm a fuckin genius.
    http://forum.destructoid.com/showthr...light-07-07-12