Hey you! Want a 40x40 jpeg underneath your username? How about SEVERAL 40x40 jpegs? Fancy eh? Below you'll find a list of the Destructoid Forums badges. Collect them all!
Have you met the requirements for one or more of these finely-crafted badges? Post in the Badge Request Thread with evidence of your mighty achievement and you shall be rewarded (be sure to include links/photos/time stamps/et cetra). Note that some badges stack! See badge descriptions below for more details...
Destructoid - "Official" badges relating to the site or site features
- Front Page badge. Get a Cblog promoted to the front page. Provide link to your promoted blog for proof.
- Front Page x5 badge. Get five or more Cblogs promoted to the front page. (Replaces previous badge.) Provide links to your five promoted blogs for proof.
- Thread of the Day badge. Start a Thread of the Day as featured on the Destructoid Twitter account. Provide link to the tweet for proof.
- Thread of the Day x10 badge. Get a Thread of the Day 10 or more times. (Replaces previous badge.) Provide links to the 10 tweets for proof.
- Legendary Thread badge. Start a thread that reaches 1,000 or more pages. Provide link to the thread for proof.
- Contest Winner badge. Win an official Dtoid contest. (Contest must appear on the front page to be considered official.) Provide link to the contest for proof.
- Listener Question badge. Have a question asked on one of the official Dtoid shows or podcasts. Provide link to the show or podcast with time stamp of question for proof.
- Creative Endeavors badge. Create something inspired by the site, the community, or videogames that is impressive enough to be linked to or featured on a front page article. Provide link to article for proof.
- Tipster badge. Get credited at least five times for tips on a front page article (Dtoid, Japanator, Flixist, or Tomopop). Provide links to the five articles for proof.
- Staff badge. Be listed as a managing editor on the Destructoid staff roll.
- Contributor badge. Be listed as a contributor on the Destructoid staff roll.
- Ex-Staff badge. Be a former Destructoid staff member.
- Tomopop badge. Be on Tomopop's staff roll.
- Japanator badge. Be on Japanator's staff roll.
- Admin badge. Be an admin in the Dtoid Forums.
- Moderator badge. Be a moderator in the Dtoid Forums.
- Cblog Recaps badge. Be a member of the Cblog Recaps team.
- Disqus Deputy badge. Be a current or former Disqus Deputy (AKA a front page mod who is not on staff). Disqus Deputies are chosen by the Dtoid staff.
- HUGE badge. Be a HUGE member. Provide screenshot of the HUGE banner on your profile for proof.
Community - Badges relating to the Destructoid community and how we're awesome
- FNF badge. Host at least three Friday Night Fight sessions. Provide links to front page FNF posts for proof.
- Bison badge. For you, the day you organized or won an Unofficial Destructoid Tournament was the most important day of your life. But for him... it was Tuesday. Provide link to tournament for proof.
- Game Master badge. Finished 25 games in one calendar year (Jan 1st to Dec 31st) and posted in the Completed Games Thread. Provide link to game list for proof.
- Super Game Master badge. Finished 50 games in one calendar year (Jan 1st to Dec 31st) and posted in the Completed Games Thread. (Replaces previous badge.) Provide link to game list for proof.
- Cblog Interviews badge. Be the subject of a Cblog Interview. Provide link to interview for proof.
- Good Trader badge. Trade a game in the Trade Yo Games! forum. Both parties must confirm trade for proof.
- RAOK badge. Perform a Random Act of Kindness for another Dtoider. (AKA the Ali D badge.) Must be nominated by another Dtoider.
- Legendary badge. Awarded to members whose contributions to the site and community are worthy of song and praise. Legendary Dtoiders are chosen by the Forum mods and admins.
- Helmet badge. Assume the identity of Mr. Destructoid by wearing his head! Provide photo where you are wearing the helmet for proof.
- Werewolf badge. Host a game of Werewolf (or a variant). Provide link to thread for proof.
- Seacrest Santa badge. Participate in at least one Seacrest Santa in the Forums. Provide link to thread for proof.
- Chess Club badge. Participate in a Chess Club tournament w/o dropping out OR complete 10 matches with other members. Provide link to thread for proof.
- Sheeple badge. Earn 25 followers on your Dtoid Cblog. Provide screenshot of or link to followers page for proof.
- RPG Player badge. Participate in the local RPG group. Provide link to thread for proof.
- Commentoid badge. Be featured on Commentoid or Comments of the Week. Provide link to article for proof.
- Wisecracker badge. Have a promoted comment on a front page article. Provide link to article for proof.
Events - Obtain proof that you've actually left your parents' basement
- NARP Host badge. Host a No Apparent Reason Party. Provide link to party planning thread for proof.
- PAX Prime badge. Go to PAX Prime. Provide photo of your badge for proof.
- PAX East badge. Go to PAX East. Provide photo of your badge for proof.
- gamescom badge. Go to gamescom. Provide photo of your badge for proof.
- MAGFest badge. Go to MAGFest. Provide photo of your badge for proof.
- GDC badge. Go to GDC. Provide photo of your badge for proof.
- Brofist badge. Engage in an epic brofist with another Dtoider. Provide photo of epic brofist for proof.
- Taxi badge. Drive a "whole bunch" of people around at a major Dtoid event. ("Whole bunch" being a carload.) Have another Dtoider corroborate your story for proof.
Shows & Podcasts - Jam me jack me push me pull me TALK HARD!
- Radio D badge. Be on an episode of Radio Destructoid. Provide link to episode for proof.
- Fapcast badge. Be on an episode of Fapcast. Provide link to episode for proof.
- Secret Moon Base badge. Be on an episode of Secret Moon Base. Provide link to episode for proof.
- Low(er) Tier badge. Be on an episode of The Low(er) Tier Podcast. Provide link to episode for proof.
- Scary Granules badge. Be on an episode of Scary Granules. Provide link to episode for proof.
- PStoid badge. Be on an episode of PStoid. Provide link to episode for proof.
- Airport Road badge. Be on an episode of Airport Road: The Podcast. Provide link to episode for proof.
Miscellaneous - Badges that defy categorization, except in this case
- Double Down badge. Create your own version of KFC's Double Down, eat it, and then share it in the Double Down thread. Provide photo of creation and consumption for proof.
- Game Maker badge. Create a real game. Not just remaking TicTacToe or something. Provide link to playable game for proof.
- Old School badge. Be old (35+). Provide social security number for proof. (Just kidding. We'll just take your word for it.)
- Tech Support badge. Provide assistance to Dtoiders with technical problems. Must be nominated by another Dtoider.
- Gym badge. Provide sage fitness advice in The Gym. Must be nominated by another Dtoider.
- Beard badge. Grow an awesome beard. Provide photo of your face with your beard for proof.
- Classy Lady badge. Be a girl gamer. Provide photo of your, uh, lady-ness for proof.
- Built it Myself! badge. For those people who have dedicated a whole room to gaming/have a "gaming cave". Provide photos of game room for proof.
Retired Badges - Alas, poor badges! I knew them, Horatio, badges of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy
- 3 Year badge. Was an active member of the community during Dtoid's 3rd year anniversary (3-16-09). You must have posted somewhere on the site (Cblogs/Forums/front page comments) on that date.
- 4 Year badge. Waxed nostalgic in honor of Dtoid's 4th anniversary.
- 5 Year badge. Participated in the Dtoid 5th anniversary circle jerk.
- 6 Year badge. Got all creative wishing Niero a happy birthday.
- 7 Year badge. Celebrated Dtoid's 7th anniversary by showing your love.
- 8 Year badge. Tried something new for Dtoid's 8th anniversary.
- Art Attack badge. Was featured on Art Attack.
- Podcastle badge. Was on an episode of Podcastle twice.
- RetroforceGO! badge. Was on an episode of RetroforceGO! twice.
- BritToid badge. Was on an episode of BritToid twice.
- HAWP badge. Was on an episode of Hey Ash, Whatcha Playing?
- Failcast badge. Was on an episode of Failcast.
- Also, Talks badge. Was on an episode of Also, Talks.
- Backward Compatibility badge. Was on an episode of Backward Compatibility.
- Refused Classification badge. Was on an episode of Refused Classification.
- Drunkcast badge. Was on an episode of Drunkcast.
- LHTAH badge. Was on an episode of Let's Hope There's a Heaven.
- Bit Transmission badge. Was on an episode of Bit Transmission twice.
- Communicast badge. Was on an episode of Communicast.
- Alcoholocast badge. Was on an episode of Alcoholocast.
- TARDIScast badge. Was on an episode of TARDIScast.
- Personacast badge. Was on an episode of Personacast.
- Podsumaki badge. Was on an episode of Podsumaki.
- Zero Cool badge. Was on an episode of Zero Cool.
- 321gocast badge. Was on an episode of 321gocast.
- Robochode badge. Was on an episode of Robochode or Binary Chode.
- Podtoid badge. Was on an episode of Podtoid twice.
- Grammar Nazi badge. Heiled grammar.
- Beedog badge. Beedog would have let you know.
- AAA badge. Was a member of the AAA squad (Atheistium's Angels of Adventure).
- Destructoid Comic badge. Appeared in the Destructoid Comic.
- Community Discusses badge. Participated in a Dtoid Community Discusses or one of PhilKenSebben's Community Chats.
- MassDebate badge. Participated in a MassDebate.
- MOMerator badge. Be the MOMerator. Happy Mother's Day Zodiac!
- Mxy badge. Be Mxy. Happy retirement, Mxy!
NO HAT BADGES!
Never going to happen. Sorry Hatman!
Last edited by M Randy; 03-26-2015 at 01:08 PM.
Reason: Last update: March 26th 2015