Page 149 of 158 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3141

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I played it somewhat recently, maybe two months ago or so, and I've always had autosaves enabled and never (at least, mostly never) dealt with unplayable framerates. I still had interminable loading screens and less than desirable resolutions on far (and sometimes near) landscapes. If any of that hasn't been dealt with in the last couple months, than there's nothing new waiting for me.

At any rate, the game was still fully playable and I mostly enjoyed it, it's just the little things that I would like to see fixed more than anything. We obviously won't ever get dlc until a game of the year edition comes out, but that's what we get for being dirty, non-microsoft money shelling bastards, but I guess after my first 360 busted on me, I just didn't feel all that obligated to buy another piece of shit, I mean machinery... No, I was right the first time.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    I played it somewhat recently, maybe two months ago or so, and I've always had autosaves enabled and never (at least, mostly never) dealt with unplayable framerates. I still had interminable loading screens and less than desirable resolutions on far (and sometimes near) landscapes. If any of that hasn't been dealt with in the last couple months, than there's nothing new waiting for me.

At any rate, the game was still fully playable and I mostly enjoyed it, it's just the little things that I would like to see fixed more than anything. We obviously won't ever get dlc until a game of the year edition comes out, but that's what we get for being dirty, non-microsoft money shelling bastards, but I guess after my first 360 busted on me, I just didn't feel all that obligated to buy another piece of shit, I mean machinery... No, I was right the first time.
    Personally went through three 360's before saying "screw this, I'm getting a PS3". You learned your lesson immediately. I apparently have a learning disability.

So, there's going to be a "Downloadable Content" option added to the PS3 version's title menu in the next update. That's confirmed. In addition, rumors are circulating that Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn are going to launch simultaneously for the PS3 the day that Dragonborn launches. I'll believe THAT when I see it.

If Dragonborn does come to PS3, I'll be ECSTATIC. Can't wait to go back to Solsteim.

I don't care too much about Skyrim DLC.

That's not a knife...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post

fml
    So you're a Gold Member now eh? Gold is lame.

None of it has really seemed all that incredible honestly. Hearthfire sounds like a joke, more or less just Microsoft ripping off modders and getting paid for their ideas, and Dawnguard... meh, it's nice that they made full on vampires more worth it in the sense of risk v reward, but otherwise, again, doesn't hold my interest too much being as I don't really mess around with vampirism.

Dooshkin, I wouldn't say I learned any lessons so to speak, I actually got my ps3 while my 360 was still in fine operating condition, and more out of spite than anything else. At the time I had a nicely paying job and spare cash, and actually bought the ps3 to use as a footrest to spit on playstation fans, because I've been a lifelong playstation enemy going back to the 64. It turned out to be a great decision on my part, as the ps3 is easily my favorite system to date, and I can't imagine where I'd be if I had missed out on Demon's souls and subsequently Dark souls (yes I am fully aware the second one is multiplatform, not the point), two of my favorite games of all time. Don't worry though man, I have a couple of friends who have done the exact same thing, going from one broken 360 to another because by gods they have to play their halo's. It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it weren't for the fact that fucking halo is the reason MY 360 is busted, because the assholes didn't have a 360 to use for a while there and I stupidly let them use mine. She would probably still be running today if I hadn't, as I only really ever sparingly played the thing..

Oh well, if we didn't have to make mistakes in order to learn from them, we'd all be building rocket boots.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    I love goooooooooooooold. Not but seriously I redeemed one of my free months basically to buy the Skyrim DLC. Kinda wish I used the 14 days from Halo 4 now I think about it but I was in a rush since I knew the deal of the week would expire some time in that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    None of it has really seemed all that incredible honestly. Hearthfire sounds like a joke, more or less just Microsoft ripping off modders and getting paid for their ideas, and Dawnguard... meh, it's nice that they made full on vampires more worth it in the sense of risk v reward, but otherwise, again, doesn't hold my interest too much being as I don't really mess around with vampirism.
    Any expansions would be fantastic to me (though I don't have much interest in Hearthfire, actually). I keep hearing about the dragon you can summon from Oblivion, the crossbows, making vampires easier to play as, the werewolf perk tree (which I want more than anything), and the spears and Morrowind armor coming to the Dragonborn DLC... and I just drool. Of course, I love TES more than any other games, so I've got a lot to be excited about.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I played it on PS3. Stopped about a couple of weeks ago. It was very much playable, some framerate issues here and there, a handful of freezes over 180 hours (nothing lost thanks to autosave). the biggest issue were those endless loading screens. The only "wtf" bug I ran into was once while in Riften, I got confronted by a guard about stealing some shit, I started backing up and he seemed to reset; sheathed his weapon and started walking BACKWARDS until he sunk into the canal. Nothing game-breaking ever happened to me though.

There's a massive amount of poor scripting but I guess that's an issue with the game itself. Like when you visit Solitude for the first time and you're supposed to see the execution. I must've got in from a side entrance or something because I never witnessed it, but eveybody else seemed positive I was there. :P

xD Yeah same here man, I've got loads of time into the game but nothing seriously bad ever happened, just minor stuff. Unfortunately, it's the little things that irk me... like how the game is supposed to be so beautiful, but once you reach a certain point the background starts to look like something out of the N64, and even closer up sometimes finer details just plain don't load, and it's just disheartening. I know it isn't anything that prevents the game from ultimately being played, but it gets to me...

Summoning the dragon from oblivion you say? That weren't no ordinary dragon my friend, that was mother effin' Akatosh himself, and I really don't see them giving the Dragonborn the power to summon Akatosh because, well, I win buttons are only fun once, right? I think that may have just been some crazy rumor gone wild (as is known to happen around these here interwebs), or perhaps one misinterpreted. I can't say for sure what will come with the next (or any) expansion, but I'm pretty damn sure players can't be expecting to summon the father of time to help them take out those pesky bandits.

I was talking about the dragon "Durnehviir" that you summon from the Soul Cairn as one of the new dragon shouts. Although summoning Akatosh would be sweet, too.
    Last edited by Dooshkin; 11-12-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: grammar

PS3 copy came in the mail today. Played through the tutorial and wandered around the woods for awhile. There's definitely a pretty sizable gap in quality between this and the 360 version. Seems the only way to get anywhere close to 30 FPS is by looking at the ground and nothing else. Not sure if I'm going to be sticking with this version. I don't understand why Bethesda doesn't just do what they did with Oblivion and have another developer handle the PS3 port. From what I hear that actually worked out pretty well. God knows why they didn't continue doing that.

This has really just motivated me even more to finish building my gaming PC. I have a case. Just need the parts to go inside it. Been thinking about using the Digital Foundry budget build (Link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df...tal-foundry-pc). It already gets double the framerate of the PS3 version. Might need to consult with some of my geek friends though. Sure there are a few parts I can switch out for better performance.

That's not a knife...
    I don't think framerate for the PS3 is the biggest issue.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Damn, Cyber Monday had some great deals. Maybe during a December sale you can find more bargains. I bought my dad a computer for $400 (after rebates), with a Radeon HD 7850 2GB Eyefinity, Intel g850 CPU, 8GB of DDR3, a nice Z77 MSi motherboard, and 650 watt power supply. He has a case and HDD already, so that'll be set up next week to play his flight simulators and strategy games across his 4 monitors.
    Last edited by Arttemis; 11-29-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Yeah, I'm going to get a parts list together and save up.

Running about 65 mods on the PC version with a GTX670 and loving it. Playing a stealth Bowman mostly and doing some dagger assassinations.

Kinda a whole new game in a way.

I just got the game recently, what mods do you recommend?

THE MR.E BIRD
    Exploding Penis Arrows.

Yeah, a list of tried and tested best mods would be cool to see.

That's not a knife...
    I'd post the ones I used but I forgot what they were because I haven't played the game in ages.

THE MR.E BIRD