OH, forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 102

Thread: Far Cry 3

  1. #81

    22,144 posts since Oct 2009
    Alright, glad we got that little dust-up settled. :3

    Anyhoo, anybody else notice how Far Cry 3 was written for stoners? It's so obvious but I haven't seen anyone else come right out and say it. First you have the mushroom cave where you hallucinate all the cool things, then Dennis gives you some native moonshine and you have a vision about your future CIA contact, and now I'm on the part where you have to burn marijuana crops with a flamethrower.

    Naow, you can get four out of the five crops from a distance by sniping explosive barrels and the smoke makes your enemies get a little goofy. If you get down in there with it and start burning the weed like, personally, you catch a contact high and it has actual effects. Like your character starts saying wild things, French house music comes on, and your accuracy goes completely to hell so you can't shoot for shit.

    I think it's pretty neat.
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 12-21-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: decapitalized "hell" because it's not even a real place

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Alright, glad we got that little dust-up settled. :3

    Anyhoo, anybody else notice how Far Cry 3 was written for stoners? It's so obvious but I haven't seen anyone else come right out and say it. First you have the mushroom cave where you hallucinate all the cool things, then Dennis gives you some native moonshine and you have a vision about your future CIA contact, and now I'm on the part where you have to burn marijuana crops with a flamethrower.

    Naow, you can get four out of the five crops from a distance by sniping explosive barrels and the smoke makes your enemies get a little goofy. If you get down in there with it and start burning the weed like, personally, you catch a contact high and it has actual effects. Like your character starts saying wild things, French house music comes on, and your accuracy goes completely to hell so you can't shoot for shit.

    I think it's pretty neat.
    The part where it played that Skrillex music was amazing.

    I adore Far Cry 3. After being severely burned by FC2, I am unbelievably glad I gave it a shot. The story can be a bit "meh" and a few NPCs are a bit shallow, but I honestly can say that this is a game that I have fully enjoyed so far and haven't regretted a single penny put towards it.

    The cooperative play is also fantastic; I love that it has it's own attempt at a story and even has progression and ranking, and the decoding is a really nice touch! Almost gives it a Mass Effect 3 multiplayer touch.

  3. #83

    22,144 posts since Oct 2009
    That's Skrillex? Awesome. No wonder the younger guys like him so much.

    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 12-21-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: ...and then the Sir deployed a Youtube

  4. #84
    The part where he says "Holy fuck, this is awesome!" just gets me every time.

  5. #85

    22,144 posts since Oct 2009
    @1:21: "Shit I'm running dry! Maybe the pirates got a stash lying around!"

  6. #86
    noobspoon's Avatar
    862 posts since Oct 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    That's Skrillex? Awesome. No wonder the younger guys like him so much.
    It's not what Skrillex is like though, it's only good because he made it with Damien Marley.

    Shit like this has smeared the Dubstep genre. And this is what you get when you pay to see him live, he presses a play button.

  7. #87
    I need to reply to that dude who spent the time addressing everything I said. As if anyone has time for that shit right now.

  8. #88

    22,144 posts since Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    I need to reply to that dude who spent the time addressing everything I said. As if anyone has time for that shit right now.
    Oh hey, do what you will. I don't wanna come across like I'm telling you not to or anything. It kinda looks that way with my post at the top of the page.

    @ noobspoon - The first one isn't bad but the second has been blocked, which kinda goes along with what you said about it. Some artists see what they do as a product rather than a service.
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 12-23-2012 at 04:17 AM.

  9. #89

    22,144 posts since Oct 2009

  10. #90
    ClownBaby's Avatar
    15,666 posts since Feb 2007

    This game is on sale at Target today through I dunno, a few days from now, for $40

    I'm getting it. I'm sure it's cheaper on Steam (or will be), but since I'm a console scrub this will have to do.

  11. #91

    7 posts since Dec 2012
    Hey guys.. I love Far Cry..

    Here is my rap about it..


    Also.. Here are my custom maps...




  12. #92

    22,144 posts since Oct 2009
    Lol Bates Motel. Nice. I'm looking that one up later. Thanks!

  13. #93

    7 posts since Dec 2012
    Awesome! thanks dude!

  14. #94
    ClownBaby's Avatar
    15,666 posts since Feb 2007

    So I picked it up and played for a little bit yesterday. I can already tell this is definitely going to be a game where I proceed to get nothing done for the longest time. That's a good thing.

  15. #95
    I tend to think I'm going for an objective, and then I just end up hunting with flaming arrows instead.

  16. #96
    ClownBaby's Avatar
    15,666 posts since Feb 2007

    I just got fire arrows. The bow was the first weapon I bought (and only one I've actually "bought" instead of unlocking for free) and I use it almost exclusively.

    Fire is amazing.

  17. #97

    22,144 posts since Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    I just got fire arrows. The bow was the first weapon I bought (and only one I've actually "bought" instead of unlocking for free) and I use it almost exclusively.

    Fire is amazing.
    Doing that for my second playthrough. I didn't use the bow first time around. For the majority of the game I used two weapons: whichever light machine gun I picked up last, preferably the one that ran off a drum clip as opposed to chain-fed, and my F1 with sound suppressor and illuminated mag scope. My favorite weapon, however, is dem mothafuckin' tigers.



    Imagine that being the last thing you see. Oh hey, I'm just hanging out guarding this here guard post. No big deal. Nice day out and everything's quiet. Maybe later I'll -- wait how did THAT CAGE GET OPEEEEAAAAGAAGAGGAGRHH

    Outpost Captured!
    +1000 bonus XP for Undetected!

  18. #98
    Dooshkin's Avatar
    423 posts since Oct 2011

    Just started Sunday, and my sleep schedule has been screwed up ever since. So many things keep me from turning off the console.

    One more outpost. One more mission. One more animal skin. One more plant.

    There's so many things about this game that remind me of Assassin's Creed (because Ubisoft.) The map, especially. Lots of unique icons showing where loot is stashed, like the lost letters and artifacts. There's also climbing the towers to reveal secrets on the map. Instead of doing a leap of faith off, you zipline down. You can capture outposts. Jason also feels like a clone of Desmond. His voice and mannerisms are almost identical.

    I've only got it as a rental, but I know that I'll plantinum it before it goes back to GameFly. As soon as I see a sale, this baby's mine.

  19. #99
    arglactable's Avatar
    90 posts since Feb 2012
    Well, it certainly utilizes the awful story mission structure of Assassin's Creed, except that instead of just making you feel bad for not playing the mission the way they want you to, they just outright give you mission fails. AC is probably the series it most blatantly and frequently rips off. And even beyond the fact that it follows the AC formula so closely, I think it's hilarious that both FC 3 and AC 3 had nearly identical additions to their respective franchises (hunting, sneaking in waist-high grass, shooting things with a bow and arrow, etc) within about a month of each other. Ubisoft's games in general are becoming more and more difficult to tell apart. At least Assassin's Creed 3 had a decent story.

  20. #100
    PappaDukes's Avatar
    13,535 posts since Mar 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Alright, glad we got that little dust-up settled. :3

    Anyhoo, anybody else notice how Far Cry 3 was written for stoners?
    I guess I've never noticed, since I'm always playing it whilst stoned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Change forum colors & width:
Try a new theme: