Quantcast
Far Cry 3 - Page 2
Destructoid   |   Tomopop   |   Japanator   |   Flixist   |   !
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3

This is the only game I was looking for when watching ubisoft's presentation. It is amazing.
    And there is no way they they won't have a map editor because a lot of online play is based around it.

Yeah Far Cry 2 had one, did they say they wouldn't do it this time?

From the looks of it, the graphics are WAY improved over Far Cry 2. Not sure if that will make a map editor less likely, but I'm hoping not...

Updated the main post with the latest trailer. Voodoo boobs FTW.

Voodoo boobs are the best kind of boobs.

Love the voodoo boobs, love the shroom consuming.
    What could possibly be wrong with this game?

Definitely eagerly anticipating this. I loved the 'philosophy-lite' style of FC2's antagonist, and this looks to be similar. The environment also interests me a lot more than FC2, (which I didn't finish, mainly due to the aforementioned 'fight-every-checkpoint' attitude they took which became extremely tedious after a while). Basically, my room-mate and I just yell at eachother about Farcry 3 every fortnight or so.

This is out now. You get to murder island minorities in various ways and is pretty in the graphics. I have the pc version, shocking I know. Discuss.

Got mine Pre Loaded on steam as well. Also WHY DA fuke aren't you coming to Magfest Rem?

I won't get to play this until tonight.

But then I would have to go somewhere to be at Magfest and that's just not acceptable.

Wanted to get this game but it apparently has a lot of screen tearing on the PS3 version and that shit hurts my eyes after awhile.

Since this thread has been bumped I'll just like to say this game is fucking awesome.

I second that, a vast visual improvement over the second one as well.

This is my second place for Game of the Year after Borderlands 2

Anyone got any input on whether either the PS3 or 360 version has less graphical problems than the other? Everywhere I ask I just get told to play it on PC, which is no good as I type this from a Mac. I'm not a big graphics whore (see: uses a Mac), but I see a lot of people mentioning the PS3 having horrible frame rates and screen tearing while the 360 apparently has some nastier, eyesore bloom/shadow/contrast issues. Input?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...cry-3-face-off

If you can't stand graphical issues, then play on the PC. It's a shame because I'd totally grab this game for a console if both versions weren't a technical monstrosity. It looks like a blast game-wise.

I might just have to get this on PC instead of 360. My PC isn't great, but it runs games at a little higher quality than what I would get on 360. Plus, it's $10 cheaper!

I recommend anyone who has anything like a gaming PC to get it on this. Don't be scared of the idea your system won't run on it. It can run on mine pretty damn well.

What hatman said, it's strange with games like this and Planetside 2 people have been saying it's a ball ache to run on high setting with cards like the GTX 680 yet i don't really have any issues with my 560Ti at 1600x900.