Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

THE MR.E BIRD
    Yeah, I don't remember so well right now but back when they were added I had worked out the best hoppers for them and shit. I unlocked most of them before they properly went live and had to re-unlock them straight away.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Shotgun making the thread for this too if it gets announced.

http://www.destructoid.com/anniversa...s-230889.phtml

As much as I love the idea, 343 would do it wrong.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    The campaign was the worst part about Halo 2, so I really have no interest in playing it in HD.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Yeah, the important part about Halo 2 is recreating the multiplayer. The only way the campaign is worth it is if they actually tweaked it. In this case, it would not be barbaric at all.

Honkey Kong
    So they don't mind remaking the worst multiplayer in the series but they skipped over the best(Halo 1)?

- - - Updated - - -

So they don't mind remaking the worst multiplayer in the series but they skipped over the best(Halo 1)?

I love the campaign for Halo 2 fuck you all. I thought the Arbiter levels were a bit weak because of the flood but I still enjoyed it all. Except on legendary and especially co-op legendary.

THE MR.E BIRD
    343 fucked up on remaking CE, so I would expect the same with a remake of 2.

I still haven't bought CE but I never got the impression 343 fucked up remaking it.

THE MR.E BIRD
    The campaign remake itself is fine, great even, but everything else about it is a ill-considered cock-up. They should have put the multiplayer in or promised to add it as free DLC rather than leave it how it is. Putting Reach multiplayer on the disc is so insanely stupid too.

I still think it's totally worth having for anybody who loved the campaign. So do get it!

Big Blue Dungeon Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    The campaign remake itself is fine, great even, but everything else about it is a ill-considered cock-up. They should have put the multiplayer in or promised to add it as free DLC rather than leave it how it is. Putting Reach multiplayer on the disc is so insanely stupid too.

I still think it's totally worth having for anybody who loved the campaign. So do get it!
    I don't agree with this in the slightest. Making the community choose between playing CEA MP or Reach MP is a terrible idea. While bringing back classic maps that celebrate the old MP while adding to a solid game works.

They won't bring back the MP from Halo 2 either.

I'm probably about due a run through of CE so I might have to buy it soon.

THE MR.E BIRD
    CEA MP and Reach MP is the same fucking thing.

The stupid part is sticking it on the disc when anybody who dislikes Reach won't care and anybody who likes Reach owns it.

I'd say when you get it we can co-op but it doesn't work over live at all. Great local and splitscreen still though.

Big Blue Dungeon Master
    Co-op has always been terrible online in halo games. That netcode cannot handle AI running about on a map very well.

I think they were going for the whole ODST thing with having last years games MP.

THE MR.E BIRD
    ODST did it well though, and it was a different scenario. ODST wasn't a remake of a game with loved multiplayer, and they didn't stick it on the same disc.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I can almost guarantee that Halo 2's multiplayer will not be present in the remake, for the same reasons they didn't put it in CE:A. They've made it clear that they don't want to spread their player base too thin. It's a wise business decision that only alienates a small portion of their community.

THE MR.E BIRD
    It's a shitty reason not to put the original multiplayer in. It's an excuse.

Honkey Kong
    Because they knew everyone would be playing classic Halo multiplayer. I like Reach, but it doesn't hold a candle to Combat Evolved. None of them do.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Thing is, it would only split the player base if the player base were retarded enough to think that just because it is the latest release it is the one they should be playing.

Wait, never mind.

They wouldn't need to add matchmaking or a game browser for it, customs with friends would be enough. Anyway. Too late now, 343 make terrible calls when give easy decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post

I will. Sometime. We should speedrun Halo CE co-op the next time we happen to be the same room together. That reminds me, never lend me games again because I'm terrible at remembering to send them back.

THE MR.E BIRD
    It's ok because you have DE:HR and not Crackdown or any other game that I actually resent not having in its case.

THE MR.E BIRD
    I realised I could check this out in 3D, so I did. All it is is jarring. It may look pretty or cool in places but overall it's not going to add anything except anti-aliasing and irritation when the reticle pops back and forth between foreground and background or you get a notification that's in the background yet embedded in your arms that exist in the foreground.

Nope.