Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

THE MR.E BIRD

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Otherwise known as Halo Reach 2!

Released on the tenth anniversary of the original game (15.11.2001), Anniversary edition sought to entice die-hard fans of the well received classic shooter Halo: Combat Evolved. The remake features the original campaign with unaltered gameplay due to the simultaneous running of the original engine and the new graphics engine over the top with a host of additions in the form of skulls and terminals to find. Also included is the ability to play the campaign in co-op with a friend over Xbox live, as well as locally with a couch buddy.

A sure disappointment for fans however is the lack of the original multiplayer in any shape or form with the developers seeking to placate fans using misleading information about included multiplayer using the Reach engine. The game does include multiplayer and it is using the Reach engine, because it is Reach. Those accessing Halo: Reach multiplayer through the game can expect the same experience though access only to the Anniversary map pack. The game does however include an Xbox live DLC code for the Anniversary map pack for Halo: Reach, allowing purchasers of Anniversary the full experience of Halo: Reach without paying 1200 MSP. Sadly, Microsoft didn't decide to include a full Halo: Reach multiplayer experience like they did for Halo 3 with Halo 3: ODST.

Being a full Xbox 360 title, Anniversary includes 1000G of achievements rewarding players for game and challenge completion across both singleplayer and co-operative play. The Anniversary map pack also adds 7 achievements worth 250G to Halo Reach, bringing it to a total of 1700G.

Seek out if: You loved the campaign of Halo: Combat Evolved, are a dirty whore for achievements, love Halo Reach multiplayer or any combination of these three reasons.

Avoid if: You really only wanted to play Halo CE multiplayer once more, or if you are only interested in the maps for Halo Reach. They're released onto Xbox Live on the same day.

E3 Announcement Article

Announcement by tweet post-keynote that it will allow for switching between Reach and Classic graphics.

Hamza has worries and needs, $40 retail price.

Hamza further details the content and ties to Halo 4.

The game is confirmed as having some degree of support for Kinect.

The soundtrack is getting a complete sexy workover. Jedi involved.

Nick reports on some crappy avatar crap that you can get if you preorder. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY THERE IS A SKULL FOR PREORDERING.

Hamza is all up in dem graphics.

The Kinect functionality will not be significant. ^_^

Hamza is all wrong about things and probably sucks at Halo.

The game will support 3D for the renovated campaign. Joy of joys.

Hamza sucks at Halo Reach: confirmed.

The Kinect functionality really isn't significant!

Hamza gets nostalgic over it.

One Ring to Rule them all!

Play the new maps from whichever damn disc you want.

The Resident Halo Fanboy's review.

#Halo on Destructoid.
    Last edited by Tarvu; 11-29-2011 at 08:51 AM.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Oh, it's on now.

It's a shame it's going to be released only four days after Skyrim.

Also, regarding the tweet, it would be pretty cool if you could switch between graphics on the fly, like Monkey Island. It probably won't happen, but still.

Still responds to BLOO
    Fuck Halo 4.

It's all about this game.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Exactly! This game will have purple in it!

Purple is fucking awesome.

It's a shame this means the Flood will be in it. Still I can't fucking wait for this game. Oh and for the record the best Halo thread is still mine.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brlghtslde View Post
    Oh, it's on now.

It's a shame it's going to be released only four days after Skyrim.

Also, regarding the tweet, it would be pretty cool if you could switch between graphics on the fly, like Monkey Island. It probably won't happen, but still.
    This is happening. Can't remember if they said it during the conference or during the "after conference" thing on Spike, but they said there will be a button that just turns it off right away.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Yeah, it's on the front page and I linked the post at the top. As for the crowded November release schedule... I'm not sold on Skyrim anyway.
    Last edited by Tarvu; 06-06-2011 at 05:51 PM.

I'll be getting this first as I want to play this game first.

Beast Master
    It seems way pointless, and yet I'm definitely buying it. I'm glad the original graphics are included, since the updated ones don't look too hot to me. It'd be pretty damn cool if they had the old school graphics in multiplayer, but that's not likely at all.

Still responds to BLOO
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    It seems way pointless, and yet I'm definitely buying it. I'm glad the original graphics are included, since the updated ones don't look too hot to me. It'd be pretty damn cool if they had the old school graphics in multiplayer, but that's not likely at all.
    It's being made cuz the halo community always talked about wanting to play halo 1 maps on XBL with their buddies. I want to as well.

I wanted to do online co-op with my super pals. I will have that chance now.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by de BLOO View Post
    It's being made cuz the halo community always talked about wanting to play halo 1 maps on XBL with their buddies. I want to as well.
    I'm still bummed that we've yet to see a Waterworks remake, that's by far my favorite Halo map OF ALL TIME...

Still responds to BLOO
    There was one in Halo 3. I remember bungie put a fan made version up in one of the playlists. Team Classic in Reach is comprised of Halo 1 and 2 maps recreated. It's pretty awesome. Hang em high is in it.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Warthog launching in HD

Still responds to BLOO
    One question though: How many maps did Halo 1 have for MP? The trailer specifically says it's bringing 7 maps.

Maybe they're gonna make the rest DLC? That's fucking lame.
    Last edited by Hector Garfria; 06-06-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Beast Master
    It says "Seven of the greatest multiplayer maps of all time". Maybe there are some brand new ones in addition to that? Or a couple shitty one to go along with the "greatest" ones?

Still responds to BLOO
    Hmm, too vague to really gauge at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by de BLOO View Post
    One question though: How many maps did Halo 1 have for MP? The trailer specifically says it's bringing 7 maps.
    Multiplayer maps in Halo: Combat Evolved include:
    Battle Creek
    Sidewinder
    Damnation
    Rat Race
    Prisoner
    Hang 'Em High
    Chill Out
    Derelict
    Boarding Action
    Chiron TL-34
    Blood Gulch
    Wizard
    Longest

Chiron and Wizard are the only two that wouldn't piss me off majorly if they were missing.
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Well obviously they have Damnation, Hang 'Em High and Beaver Creek. Blood Gulch already has a Reach remake so that's out. I think Reach has forge world remakes of Longest, Derelict and Rat Race, but then it also has remakes of Battle Creek and Damnation. And Forge world remakes suck.

Chill Out, Chiron and Boarding Action have never received remakes, so I'd assume they're not so popular. The Halo 2 remake of Wizard was a really fun map to play. There are four other maps coming and this is all supposedly for Reach multiplayer, while the remake only gets Xbox live support for co-op.

Still responds to BLOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Multiplayer maps in Halo: Combat Evolved include:
    Battle Creek
    Sidewinder
    Damnation
    Rat Race
    Prisoner
    Hang 'Em High
    Chill Out
    Derelict
    Boarding Action
    Chiron TL-34
    Blood Gulch
    Wizard
    Longest

Chiron and Wizard are the only two that wouldn't piss me off majorly if they were missing.
    Sheiiit, 13 maps. They could be trying to sell us the other 6 maps in a huge pack, or go MW2 retarded mode and sell 3 maps for 15 bucks.

I am just giving worst case scenarios.
    Last edited by Hector Garfria; 06-07-2011 at 10:46 AM.