Page 60 of 126 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2513

Thread: Halo 4

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Beat it solo on Legendary last night (real man mode for Bloo) I really liked it. Dude giving it a 2/10 is butt hurt. I will say for a Trilogy they didn't give a clear sense on where this is going per se except with an overall tone of

Spoiler!

Which sorta leaves it way wide open.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I kind of noticed that too, for a "part 1 of 3" type deal Halo 4 felt like a pretty self-contained adventure that didn't really leave any huge hook for a sequel. Maybe 343 set it up that way in the off-chance Halo 4 tanked?

Bringer of Truth
    I watched the Giant Bomb quicklook on it and they brought that up, as well as the fact that the game doesn't really do anything new persay and feels like a Halo game in every single way. Not necessarily bad but it has all the same elements / types of levels as the others.

They postured that this was probably almost out of fear (?) more than anything. They've been handed something extremely valuable, and couldn't afford to fuck it up. This HAS to be a solid Halo experience, or the series is dead / "ruined forever".

Their thought is that the idea is this:
    1. Make Halo 4 and make it competently, prove worth. Play it relatively safe.
    2. Go all out with Halo 5 on next-gen.

That's probably the best route to go. First prove you can make a Halo game before you go all out reshaping the face of Halo.

Bringer of Truth
    Pretty much. I kind of expected as much too honestly. It's nice to see them take a few risks as far as the MP side of things go.

I just hope they're able to keep up the long-term MP interaction that Bungie did, the way they were always updating playlists etc

Yeah, I have some issues with how Bungie did the Halo games but I always give them props for being dedicated to keeping their community entertained.

I just hope with Halo 5 and 6 that 343 doesn't go too nuts reshaping things and mixing up the Halo formula.

THE MR.E BIRD
    I just wonder when we'll see Halo Wars 2.

Seriously about Halo 5 though, I am curious as to when it will come out. I wonder if Microsoft will pursue an annual Halo release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
    I just hope with Halo 5 and 6 that 343 doesn't go too nuts reshaping things and mixing up the Halo formula.
    Playing as somebody other than Master Chief again would be cool. The Reach customisation thing was a good idea I think. Maybe a new setting. I don't think they'd have to do too much to make it interesting.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post

Seriously about Halo 5 though, I am curious as to when it will come out. I wonder if Microsoft will pursue an annual Halo release schedule.
    Hard to say. Depends on when the next generation is coming. If they could coincide Halo 5 to be a Xbox "720" launch title, that would be fucking HUGE for them and put them leaps and bounds ahead of Sony from day one (although they'll probably have Uncharted 4 ready to go for the PS4)

If not 5, then 6 will definitely be next-gen. I don't think we'll be seeing another main entry in the series next year though.

The people who made the first game arent a studio anymore though are they?

---

We arent going to see annual Halo releases like Call of Duty. It will probably be an every 2 or 3 years type of deal, which isn't too different than how Bungie did it. I also imagine that Halo 5 will be a Nextbox title, possibly a launch title. Yeah, the 360 survived fine without a Halo launch title but it also had COD2 and Gears to hold the fort until Halo 3 happened. I dont think Microsoft wants to not have a Halo title ready for launch come the next system.

Kinda sucks for 343 though, they just spent all of this time updating the look for Chief and the other art stuff in Halo and they'll probably have to do all of that work over again for 5 assuming 5 is for a new system.

Beast Master
    Kinda sucks for 343 though, they just spent all of this time updating the look for Chief and the other art stuff in Halo and they'll probably have to do all of that work over again for 5 assuming 5 is for a new system.
    Serves 'em right. I'm not a fan of Chief's redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Serves 'em right. I'm not a fan of Chief's redesign.
    I wasn't high on it at first but it kind of grew on me. It seems like a throwback to Halo 1's more bulky armor design and less like 2/3 look.

Beast Master
    Really? I don't think it looks more bulky, if anything I get the opposite feeling with all that goofy-textured under armor.

Honkey Kong
    But all the pros wear Under Armor bro.

THE MR.E BIRD
    It annoys me that he looks different at all when there is no possible way it could have been changed. Between the first two games they show him getting new armour and between 2 and 3 he could easily have picked some up.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    If not 5, then 6 will definitely be next-gen. I don't think we'll be seeing another main entry in the series next year though.
    Since Halo 3 kicked off the Halo games on 360, I'd figure that 6 would make a good one to start off the next MS system too.

The people who made the first game arent a studio anymore though are they?
    Nope. But do you think that really matters?

We arent going to see annual Halo releases like Call of Duty.
    Except we have since 2009. I would expect a trilogy release every two or three years with some fluff releases inbetween. For example Halo Wars 2 next year, then Halo 2 Anniversary after that followed by Halo 5 in 2015.

I'm sure that won't be a huge pain compared to, like, every other thing they'd be doing.

Still responds to BLOO
    Seph drinking that 343===D spermtonic

Who the fuck is this infinity boss guy and why is he trying to come at the DMX of this universe everytime MC opens his mouth?

Anyon else tired of this trope where the main character that has proven time and again he's running thangs has to take shit from the commander of whatever ship/town/squad he's saving next?

When is the protagonist going to get some fucking recognition? Don't jack him off or anything but fuck dude, did MC just not save the Galaxy? Wasn't Humanity in shambles galaxy-wide? It takes us months to recover from natural disasters, these dudes go full Galactic Empire in 4 fucking years after losing every human world and having the earth half-glassed in flood purging?

Nah son. You lost me there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Really? I don't think it looks more bulky, if anything I get the opposite feeling with all that goofy-textured under armor.
    The updated texture to that black under-armor stuff reminds me of the Crysis nanosuit kind of.

I look at the Halo 4 suit and see alot of the bulky chest/arms look that the Halo 1 suit had. I liked that look because it looked more like a guy with a bunch of armor strapped over him.

The 2/3 armor looks... I dunno, too proportionate. It stops looking like a guy decked out in super armor.

Honkey Kong
    Funny they always have him holding the worst gun in the game.

Still responds to BLOO
    Chief's design was at it's best in 2 and 3. Halo 1 looked bulky because polygons.

H4 just whiffed on his design this go around.

Except we have since 2009. I would expect a trilogy release every two or three years with some fluff releases inbetween. For example Halo Wars 2 next year, then Halo 2 Anniversary after that followed by Halo 5 in 2015.
    That's because for a short stretch of time there were three teams, Bungie, Ensamble, and 343 making Halo games. Now we're down to 1 Halo team again and there haven't been any signs of any fluff titles coming.