Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 4

From the look of it so far that might not be the case. I would have wanted to play as a Marine around the events in Halo 2 at the start. I was hoping ODST would be something like that but it wasn't.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    From the look of it so far that might not be the case. I would have wanted to play as a Marine around the events in Halo 2 at the start. I was hoping ODST would be something like that but it wasn't.
    There is apparently a rumor from Kotaku that there will be no purple in Halo 4. Meaning they're going for a grittier look.

I fucking love purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroll View Post
    Well there is Sam.
    You're the best, Ken.

ODST was still a breakthrough for Bungie in campaigns not sucking.

I'm going to go bump my superior Halo game thread now.

I agree ODST helped put some more tense situations back into Halo. I hope 4 gets that in, Reach had that to in some cases. You generally feared elites and could just run up on them and fire away on heroic or legendary.

What I like about ODST is that it happens at the same time as Halo 2. Because by Halo 3 Bungie can't even stick to their own goddamn timelines.

Anyway. Halo 4 sucks. Calling it. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Collins View Post
    There is apparently a rumor from Kotaku that there will be no purple in Halo 4. Meaning they're going for a grittier look.
    I hope it is grittier, although I really don't see any need to remove the colour purple from the game (is that a real thing?!?!).

I quite liked the style of the live-action stuff, I mean some of it is cheesy but you always get the sense that the average joes are fighting this hopeless, dirty war against a vastly superior foe; and then a single spartan shows up just to do something ridiculous like take down a capital ship.

I never played ODST unfortunately, though I did quite like the artistic direction! (not something I get to say everyday), I liked the effort they put into making the city feel like a real city, where up until a few hours ago people had been going about their lives.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    the colour purple
    hehe dat be a book

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Anyway. Halo 4 sucks. Calling it. Again.
    I'm going to smack that pessimism out of you. (With my penis of optimism.)

I thought the trailer sucked, and I think it's too soon for a new Halo game. The franchise is about to get Activisioned, which is ironic since Bungie is now developing other games for Activision.

It'll be over two years since Reach came out when Halo 4 releases (probably); they'll also have been working on it since Bungie left Microsoft (again, probably). It's not as bad as Activision yet, at least.

Wasn't some guy at 343 quoted not that long ago saying that there will be "a Halo release every year?" I believe it was reported here on Dtoid. It makes sense; Anniversary comes out this year, Halo 4 comes out next year, we'll probably see another spin-off the year after that. All I'm saying is that Reach could be easily supported for years and they could still make quite a profit from it. Then again, I'm not sure if 343 or Bungie would be pocketing that cash.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by BadStar View Post
    Wasn't some guy at 343 quoted not that long ago saying that there will be "a Halo release every year?" I believe it was reported here on Dtoid. It makes sense; Anniversary comes out this year, Halo 4 comes out next year, we'll probably see another spin-off the year after that. All I'm saying is that Reach could be easily supported for years and they could still make quite a profit from it. Then again, I'm not sure if 343 or Bungie would be pocketing that cash.
    I agree that Reach could easily be supported for another year, at the very least. However, I don't think they were aiming for every year, I remember there being something reported that it would be every two years. Either way, as long as the quality of the games don't suffer, and they are able to keep things fresh with every release, then I have no problem with more Halo games. As for the trailer, I don't really have an opinion about the game. Too little was shown to say it's going to be amazing, or it's going to suck. Let's wait for some gameplay footage.

I thought the trailer sucked, and I think it's too soon for a new Halo game. The franchise is about to get Activisioned, which is ironic since Bungie is now developing other games for Activision.
    That's not ironic, it's just a coincidence.

I think in some way we'll see the franchise name every year like a Halo Wars or an arcade release (which is what I believe they meant). I wouldn't even be surprised to see a Deus Ex type off shoot (which i'd totally drool over BTW). The franchise is a cash cow, it just makes good business sense. As long as we aren't seeing Mainline MP shooter hit yearly i'm okay with it personally.

Hell i'd go for a Bioshock esc single player only adventure in between that's story driven. The books are so awesome yet we never see that type of story telling from Bungie. I'd like to know what happened to Mike & Jia was it? After they went into deep space after leaving Rubble (I think that pile of a city was called, been at least a year).

If they threw some diversity in, it wouldn't be so bad. The same rinse and repeat shooter every fucking year like Call of Duty gets is just not on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brlghtslde View Post
    But... he's not. I'd assume he's just going crazy and has a small penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Collins View Post
    I think in some way we'll see the franchise name every year like a Halo Wars or an arcade release (which is what I believe they meant). I wouldn't even be surprised to see a Deus Ex type off shoot (which i'd totally drool over BTW). The franchise is a cash cow, it just makes good business sense. As long as we aren't seeing Mainline MP shooter hit yearly i'm okay with it personally.

Hell i'd go for a Bioshock esc single player only adventure in between that's story driven. The books are so awesome yet we never see that type of story telling from Bungie. I'd like to know what happened to Mike & Jia was it? After they went into deep space after leaving Rubble (I think that pile of a city was called, been at least a year).
    This is EXACTLY the kind of content that they should be putting out. Why do we need Halo 4? I think the main trilogy ended on a good note. Sure, MC is floating around in space indefinitely, but he saved humanity, as well as saving the elites from themselves. He got his dramatic military funeral, and gets to be the tragic hero from now until eternity. Let's close the book and move on. There is a lot of mythology in the Halo universe that could be explored that doesn't involve MC. ODST and Reach are both solid titles that were enhanced by fresh changes of perspective. Halo Wars proved that the series could even jump into another genre and still be great. There are so many possibilities that 343 could be making Halo games forever. But what do they do? Halo 4. It just sounds like a fucking cash grab, plain and simple.

It does. But Bungie did leave Halo 3 open for exploration into Master Chief's future with the Legendary teaser ending. I'd personally like to see Halo without humanity, following the Elites after the events of Halo 3.

Interesting, it would definitely be quite a substantial gear shift to have them drop humanity and focus on the elites, and probably a really good idea plot-wise - not least because it would give them more background material to expand on and they wouldn't have to keep doing 'last stand' scenarios with humanity losing more and more turf each game.

They won't though, they'll just do what every big franchise does when they're starting to run out of good ideas: keep doing the same thing till people stop buying it.