Page 84 of 126 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2513

Thread: Halo 4

The lack of small maps in this game is causing my interest to wane. Everything online boils down to long range whoever-sees-who-first-wins DMR snipefests. Even the "smaller" maps have long stretches of hallways that encourage those long-distance firing lines. But then again, why have small maps with close-range weapons when everybody can start with a pocket shotgun? Thanks to the CoD loadouts, everybody's packing one by default, along with a high-powered rifle that can take out most vehicles on their own.

The disintegrating weapons thing is just...why? All of my why? It used to be fun chasing down the guy with the rocket launcher in Halo 3 so you can take it from him. Now if you can't get to his body in time (or he had it stashed on his back), it fossilizes into crude oil or some shit.

And what's with that tank on Exile? Why put a tank in such a confined map? I'm really starting to think this is just flat-out the worst Halo ever made (only by virtue of the fact that the other ones were so good). That 1 star review is really making sense right now, though I'd put it more along the lines of average.

Also: The last chapter in episode 2 of Spartan Ops was fucking goofy. "Oh, thanks, I'm on fire now." What the hell was that shit about? One second the game is super serious, then it suddenly turns into Portal, and then it goes back to normal and acts like that wasn't just the weirdest shit ever.

I might go track down a copy of Halo 3 tomorrow for giggles. I miss dual-wielding. I don't care how imbalanced it was. Shit was fun. I needs my dual-P90s.

Hear that, Phil? You might have one less sword to fall on now.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Weapons disappear ridiculously on Spartan Ops too, it's more convenient to just die than scrounge new weapons.

Like I been saying, Halo of Duty.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Call of DMR.

Honkey Kong
    C'mon Rev, you can't give up until we at least see what the new maps are going to bring. I agree Exile is ass, mainly by virtue of everyone voting for it all the time when it's just some weird circle. I tried Halo3 before this one's launch and was bored to death. I do miss the maps like Guardian though.

This game just really needs more fucking maps. Playing the same 5 all night is getting old. I don't think a shitty 3-map map pack will save it either. Shit needs to have 5-10 in the first pack. I just searched and there are some more maps for customs, maybe we should dick around on those.

The disappearing weapons is stupid all around. I've complained about it in the campaign before, and it stands here in multiplayer as well. Needing perks to pick up grenades is nonsensically dumb as well.

Honkey Kong
    Definitely. Disappearing weapons doesn't bother me so much because the starting weapons are so good reminding me of Halo 1 where you could take on anything with the pistol. The grenade shit is stupid though. Really stupid.

Still responds to BLOO
    Y'all niggas saw the facts last night and are getting scurred.

"BLOO is back y'all guess I'll never be as good as him, let's go home."

Honkey Kong
    Has anyone been able to go into Waypoint from Halo 4's menu? It just makes my console freeze.

It bothers me a lot in the campaign. Dropping a shotgun for a beam rifle and then having the shotgun disappear sucks. Removing a turret, dropping it for mobility only to have it disappear when you return to grab it really sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Has anyone been able to go into Waypoint from Halo 4's menu? It just makes my console freeze.
    That's how I usually go to Waypoint. Never had an issue.

Still responds to BLOO
    Yeah my console freezes trying to get to waypoint from 4. Usually when I play games before trying. If I load H4 then immediately go to waypoint there is no issue.

Honkey Kong
    I'm going to try that.

I hope we get word soon on adding some maps. I love, love the core gameplay. But the maps are already stale.

And shout outs to the AR being a beast in this game. Completely unexpected that I would have that thing in my loadouts.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Whenever this drops, I agree this is the worst launch maps in a Halo ever. I really like H3 & Reach's launch maps.

Crimson Map Pack (December release timeframe)
    • Maps: Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter
    • Description: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...#ixzz2CP03c8YO

Honkey Kong
    They are unbelievably naive to think 3 new maps will do the trick. They needed 10 new maps yesterday.

Still responds to BLOO
    It takes 3 map packs what 2 used to do.

Thanks COD tards for letting developers get away with this shit.

Still responds to BLOO

Pretty soon there will be a bunch of Forged maps made on the three maps that haven't been integrated into matchmaking yet. I'm looking forward to seeing some stuff made on Impact. That map has so much potential.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Time to:

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    EUFNF

Still responds to BLOO
    Just need the last 3 missions of campaign on Solo Legendary and I'm almost done fucking with single player. Need to rally up a party to get that "Bros to the Close" cheevo.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    If I play one more match of Big Team Slayer on Ragnarok in a row, my head will blow up. I don't even know why I play that playlist.

BTB is boring. Not enough variety without objective gametypes. 343 would be smart to bring back double exp weekend playlists to inject some weekly variety into the mix. Then we could have some proper BTB CTF games and such.

On another subject, would anyone be interested in a Dtoid H4 tournament? If so, what kind of format would you prefer?