Page 63 of 126 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2513

Thread: Halo 4

Still responds to BLOO
    No, I'm enslaving whites.

If you dont understand how reverse slavery works, don't talk.

Beast Master

Pwnd

THE MR.E BIRD
    I am enjoying multiplayer, though I enjoy shit games when played with friends too.

I'm not hating the weapon drops and markers much at all. Infection is cool. Lack of emblems at low levels is pointless though.

Honkey Kong
    But if you reverse something, you're undoing what's been done. Just like "reverse racism" makes no sense. It's just straight slavery brah.

THE MR.E BIRD
    I think you're saying I support slavery, and hell yeah would I like to own people.

First time using a headset adaptor for my controller this evening too, so much better than official headsets.

[Level 5: Mech]
    So, FNF was dope as hell. Great way to end a long week. Those customs completely shit on Matchmaking. It's a shame you don't get nearly as much points towards leveling up for em when leveling up is pretty pointless.

I anticipate another awesome FNF.

Team T-Rex all day.

Pwnd
    Good shit tonight with the regular crew. Really starting to enjoy the multiplayer a lot more. There are so many different weapon and trait combinations that make the game a lot funner than previous games. Suppressor still rips assholes FYI. Hopefully Jdawg is still alive. Somebody might want to check on him tomorrow.

And for the record, Usedtabe: My most used weapon in the CS stats is the AUG, not the P90.

LE'S GO.

Man I wish the matchmaking in CS didn't blow so much ass.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    Ok, so, I've been following destructoid for years. I found the community to be between average and great, quite often at least.

I came here to post a kind of story, and why I've found a new respect for not just this community, but for Destructoid altogether.

I've been an avid halo fan since my first time playing CE. I followed the series heavily, and after 2, I started to read the books. I loved the first one, but the flood was dragging. At the same time that 3 came out, was when I started the third book. This is when Bungie killed the series for me.

3 just wasnt the halo I played with my friends on long nights to have a good ole time. Bungie was obsessed with this triangle of grenade, melee, and assault rifle, to the point where its how every battle went. Sure, you could get a different weapon, but whats the point, you are gonna die and get the same crap you have before. I never read the 3rd book, because even though I went as far as reading over 200 pages on the Wiki and playing the first and second one over and over, even going so far as to play practically 200 hours alone searching for the secret of the skulls in Halo 2 (still never found it), Halo 3 was a lacking campaign that left no room for grand scope insight or a story that really mattered. You saved cortana, nuked the ring, and then you are done. You didn't even confirmingly finish the fight, you never watched as your cold hearted enemy, the gravemind, disintigrated into dust as you mercilessly fired the ring. The only insight was Cortana's Rampancy, but even then, its not talked about or explained in any way, its just left to rot. The only thing about the campaign story in 3 was the terminals, which is sad that they seemed to spend more time on the terminals than writing the game. And the cutscene where the background is a drawing, that was enough to make me throw my controller and turn off my xbox. I only finished the game because my friend wanted achievements.

ODST was a fun game to me, it had the old halo feel, but also made you feel like the ODST you were. I enjoyed it, but Bungie was lackluster again with the lack of Matchmaking support for Firefight or even for Campaign. It was truly one of the best co-op experiences in the series, and Bungie just didn't seem interested in doing anything to emphasize it.

Reach got me back on track with the series, kinda. I loved the campaign, I always had a blast with it. It was the first time Bungie really did some emphasis on character developement. I practically lost it after George fell, because out of any of them, he was my favorite. It was really good, and really well done. It was also a monument to their sins as a company (pun intended). The space mission, where the hell was that in multiplayer? It was a good mission with a lot of cool features, but it literally was just forgotten about, like it never happened. And then the multiplayer was just so bland. Bungie tried to mix it up with adding loadouts, but its hard to see loadouts to be different when each one has a different armor ability, and the same two guns every single time. There was nothing special about the loadouts system, and honestly, everyone only picked sprint. There were a few who chose armor lock, but they would switch back eventually. It was a wasted idea, and so was another idea that made me buy the game, firefight versus. FFVS was my favorite thing to play with friends. We'd play a game where the elite was only one player, and the three spartans had to survive. In the first round, elites were godlike, and were to farm the elite for lives, but in the last round, the table turned, and the elite was a nightmare, hounding back all the lives he lost. It was a blast, but the reality was, Bungie forgot they even made a FFVS. They pushed their basic playlists with no generally new things, which it took forever alone to add in Grifball which is a staple of halo now. Bungie just didn't care. They were making money, and that was really it, they didn't care.

343 made Halo Waypoint, which honestly, I was happy to see. Waypoint was a go to place for info on halo, and if they honestly merged it with the Wiki, it would be the best place to go ever. Outside of it though, it was nice to have one general news spot for halo, and I thought it was an innovative idea of bungie to do such a thing, till I found out bungie didn't do it.

Halo CEA was announced, and I was excited to be able to play the first game again. I wished heavily for multiplayer to be back from the first game, but sadly it was not, and while they gametype made for it did feel like halo 1, it wasn't really halo 1. The campaign though was made better tenfold. I loved the kinect voice feature, and moreso I loved the terminals, something we never knew about halo 1 revealed to us all. 343 was on a good point on my radar, and were growing where bungie only fell. Then I heard about the TU, an decided it was time to play reach again.

Alas, I went back, and it was still Reach, but in another aspect, it was a better reach, the reach it should have been in the first place. I was enjoying my matches, everything pretty much felt varied and better, and the bleedthrough really dealt a nice feeling to getting into combat and not dealing with the Bungie triangle. Dear I say it I liked reach. I didn't play much, but I had fun, and even Invasion felt better.

I was excited, overjoyed, and overzealously ready for Halo 4. I was at the midnight release, I went home knowing i had to be up early for work, and I played that game for 4 hours, determined to beat it, but wasn't able to. I enjoyed every minute of it, and was glad I did a small amount of research online to know the game a bit better. It was probably the best story I've played in Halo. Sure, things got repetitive sometimes, but its 343s first time, and to be quite honest, its been a damn good first shot. They also left a nice sized plot hole that has me believing that Cortana will be a human by the end of this series.

I jumped to multiplayer, which was my utter fear for the game, simply because of the new loadout system. As I started to play, I realized, the loadouts really don't do a hell of a lot for you. Some are nice here and there when it comes to perks, but it really isn't game changing or gamebreaking. For the first time since Halo 2, I was happy to play a halo game online, in multiplayer, with or without friends. Halo 4 was THE halo I was waiting for, and Bungie could never live up to what they did with 1 and 2 ever again for me. I played with a bunch of my friends, and had a blast, and decided, as I had done with Dark Souls to great avail, to go online and hang with the community.

I was honestly sad to see so many hate topics, complaining about the new mechanics, and it being to CoD-like, even though almost all of the mechanics similar to CoD are also in shooters made before CoD4 was thought of. No one i complaining about gameplay or anything else beside some complaining about campaign (which 343 kinda dropped the ball on informing their players wtf is going on), just a lot of complaints that the game was a CoD Clone and wasn't halo anymore. I have played over 50 matches, and beaten the game twice, and still don't feel like I've played CoD in any way besides maybe the Loadouts. I brought this up to friends of mine from the midnight release, and now I have them basically telling me I don't like video games because I think Halo 4 is a step in the right direction for the series, simply because of the "Cod" like mechanics. These are also friends that swear up and down on how good battlefield 3 is compared to CoD, even though it has the same mechanics halo gained. I was tired of talking to people, online or in person, that had to pertain to halo. I only talked to my best friends, and the friends that actually liked the game.

I came on here to see what the community that I followed and had a partial love-hate interest in (I don't like the new DmC, so I get bashed for it on here, but meh), and came to see something amazing. Destructoid is the only site I even partially trust for reviews, and I love seeing the things the are posted on here. And now I can add in that I love this community, because they see this game as the game it is, not as a CoD clone, which it isn't. You guys seem to be talking positively and enjoying this great game, and I'm happy to see that. Gaming is a huge part of my life, and a huge part of my future, and I love being surrounded by it in a positive format, and honestly, you guys just improved my outlook on this community and destructoid altogether.

I made an account today, after using facebook and anonymous stuff to post on here for 2 years, to remark that I am officially glad to be part of this community. I plan to participate in any events that might go on, and for all I care, plan to make some friends here. Destructoid was the one website in gaming to make me feel good about being a gamer, and now, its taken it to a new level.

So, to TL;DR
    Halo 4 is a great game, and is appreciated by this great community, which is part of this great site, which I am now officially part of and glad to call myself a Dtoider. You guys improved my outlook on gaming once again by believing there are good gamers out there, and I can't thank you enough. I'm glad to be part of this group.

PS: Sorry for the wall of text. Rough night, rough people on the waypoint forums, and rough dealings with friends when it all comes to halo (which is a staple of my love of gaming).

THE MR.E BIRD
    Hamza's review was shit.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    First time using a headset adaptor for my controller this evening too, so much better than official headsets.
    I was using a third-party headset last night, and I'm convinced it's faulty -- it felt like only half of what I said was broadcasted, and what was, had to be practically shouted. It's quite weird, because it works okay on PC, just not Xbox.

Also, gg last night. Was good.

Still responds to BLOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Spectre View Post
    So, to TL;DR
    Halo 4 is a great game, and is appreciated by this great community, which is part of this great site, which I am now officially part of and glad to call myself a Dtoider. You guys improved my outlook on gaming once again by believing there are good gamers out there, and I can't thank you enough. I'm glad to be part of this group.

PS: Sorry for the wall of text. Rough night, rough people on the waypoint forums, and rough dealings with friends when it all comes to halo (which is a staple of my love of gaming).

Cool man, you might want to make an intro thread in the MeetnGreet section or people will go after you everytime you post outside of the halo forum.

Pwnd
    Call of Duty isn't a bad game (blasphema!). It's just overdone to all fuck. I also have an aversion to buying games with yearly installments -- paying $60 for some bullshit that'll be outdated software in 12 months dampers my interest. It's still fun though. I get why that game blows everything out of the water every year.

Honkey Kong
    So Nascar sniping is now a thing. Getting a no scopez headshot on a banshee from the passenger seat while Jdawg drives me in circles was fun as shit. That's gonna be our go to strategy.

Had a lot of fun last night. Blasto and I played some flood and regicide after you all left and it was great. Never cared for Zombies but liking the small things they did with Flood. Br/Dmr load out is the shit. No need to reload just swap to the other rifle.

THE MR.E BIRD
    There's been passenger sniping around for ages, best one I remember seeing was a guy on the back of a mongoose in Halo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I was using a third-party headset last night, and I'm convinced it's faulty -- it felt like only half of what I said was broadcasted, and what was, had to be practically shouted. It's quite weird, because it works okay on PC, just not Xbox.

Also, gg last night. Was good.
    On amazon or whatever there's an incredibly cheap adaptor allowing you to use a headset with two 3.5mm jacks, so worth it.

Honkey Kong
    I never said it was new. But I don't care how many times you seent it u caint do it like we do. Nothing but left turns nigga. Now settle your Halo autism down and come play with us one night.

Pwnd
    That European lag.

Honkey Kong
    If we get enough people it can be custom matches and I wouldn't really care about lag in that.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Nah it wouldn't be that bad I'd think. I've played with the 360FNF guys before.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    On amazon or whatever there's an incredibly cheap adaptor allowing you to use a headset with two 3.5mm jacks, so worth it.
    Hmm, I might have to look into that. To be fair though, I really don't go into Xbox chat very often. Shit's disgusting. I hope to God the next Xbox utilises Skype.